Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well this name is definitely intruging! Hehe. Let me go read and I'll be back to comment.

Okay. This

I'll kill him, that's what I'll do!" An irate Lois thrummed her fingertips against her steering wheel in an angry staccato, impatiently waiting for the light to turn green. "I'll kill him and chop his body into little bits and then mail them all to different locations in Borneo!"
Had me in tears. That is so purely Lois Lane.

(mainly due to fantasizing about certain brown-eyed repor- er, superheroes),
Baha! Lois likes Clark, Lois likes Clark!!!

Not really wanting to confront her as her Spandex-clad eye-candy, yet unable to just leave, he landed in a nearby ally and emerged in jogging shorts and a t-shirt.
Yes! Comforting-and-jogging-shorts-clad!Clark.

He'd rather be somehow rendered powerless and flogged with a stick than see her this way.
*beams* Clark, I'm sure there are loads of folcs over here who would be happy to... discipline you... I'll volunteer. smile

There was a brief confused moment during the exchange, where arms brushed against chests and there was a collective blushing incident, but soon the cat was nestled firmly in Lois's grasp.
Aww! laugh

Ahh! I loved it Catherine! That made me smile so much. Now when will we see the poptart story, hmmm...? I'm sure the folks here are dying to read about that... With the towels flying off and all of that. smile

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I thought that this was a very sweet story. Early Lois & Clark so no waffy bits, but still some very sweet bits. smile

I loved that Clark wanted to come to her as himself rather than as Superman. And just picturing him in jogging shorts etc... drool

Thanks for a nice, short read. laugh

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Cat, I loved this. You remind me again and again what a splendid writer you are. And that's because you are humorous and drastic and poetic and quick-witted and bright and sensitive - to the point that you sometimes kill your fictional characters, in order to, perhaps, make us all share the pain of the world? (I had to say that, didn't I?) Anyway, you are like a chef, carefully composing and seasoning your every course with elegance and aplomb and fresh and sparkling nouns and verbs, astringent images and mellow similes.

Consider your take on hard-boiled Lois, Mad Dog Lane, the cat lover, the fearsome softie! The independent woman whose life has been turned upside down by two brown-eyed wonder guys who have burst into her life at the same time and who are somehow so similar that she can't tell them apart in her nocturnal fantasies, and yet this award-winning investigative reporter can't figure out that when it comes to Superman and Clark, 1 + 1 = 1!

I love how you write Lois's crush on Clark and Superman (though, when you think about it, mostly on Clark), and Clark's crush on Lois. Those pterodactyl wings! Oh, my! The dino-bird forelimbs of flight in themselves are enough to earn you an additional star in the Michelin Guide of gourmet fanfics! The flavor of pterodactyl-flutter of love!!!!

Careful of her obviously injured tail and sore heiny, he picked her up and cradled her in his arms. Realizing she was in sympathetic company, the cat began to emit pitiful cries that seemed to say 'Woe me, I have been injured! Pamper me!'

"Yes I know, poor baby," he crooned softly as he stroked the underside of her chin. At the attention, she began to purr loudly.
Oh, sniffle! I'm crying here! I can so see that little kitty face and hear the soft pitiful miaows and feel the slight weight and soft silky fur of that little feline body!

Tentatively, Lois reached for the cat, stopping a couple of centimeters away. "I'm sorry for almost killing you, Miss Kitty." After a few seconds she gave Clark a petulant glare. "Still feeling the guilt here, Kent."

It was then that Miss Kitty decided to make amends. She bumped her moist kitty noise against the outstretched fingers, sniffing momentarily before bathing the skin with her sandpapery tongue.

Clark had never believed a person could actually melt, but Lois's reaction towards the Lick of Friendship was probably as close as a person could actually come to doing so.
I'm melting, too!! I'm crying! (Eh - my second language word policewoman tells me you should probably write "kitty nose" instead of kitty noise" - that obnoxious busybody policewoman! Damn her for disturbing my crying!)

"Oh Clark," she breathed out softly before running her fingers through the silky fur.

The pterodactyl soared from around his large intestine and up past his pancreas to flap around the area between his lungs. "You wanna hold her?"

Lois nodded almost shyly before holding out her hands. There was a brief confused moment during the exchange, where arms brushed against chests and there was a collective blushing incident, but soon the cat was nestled firmly in Lois's grasp. Miss Kitty purred contently as she gave Lois's upper arm a mild massage with her little kitty toes.
*whimper-like sounds of tearful happiness*

"We should call the vet as well, maybe get her checked up. And also try the number on her collar. Mr. Wiggles? Who names a girl cat that, anyway!"
*helpless laughter* rotflol

I couldn't kill the kitty!
Thanks for not killing the cat, Cat! I won't reiterate what I think about the wanton killing of fictional women (somehow or other I think I may have mentioned something of that to you before) but did you know that I get almost as angry at the wanton killing of fictional cats? And that is precisely because real-life cats are treated so disrespectfully! For hundreds of years, cats were regarded as associated with the Devil (people are crazy, aren't they? mad ). So real live cats were burned at the stakes with supposed witches, and for the longest time there were traditions in Europe where people took part in competitions where they killed and tortured cats, and you can still see in books and films how cats are killed to create just the right amount of fear, because cats are cute but ultimately worthless so they are perfect to kill for the right ominous sense of foreboding or sadness or shock and loss or whatever, aren't they? Aren't they? NO THEY AREN'T!!!!!!! *end of rant*

Thanks for saving the cat, Cat! And thanks for the story. I loved it! *sniffle*

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's a poptarts story?? Why haven't I been told about that? Laura says there are towels flying off in that, too? *pouts* Don't make me go over there to get it! hehe!

...and how about a sequel to this where we find out what happens once they got to Clark's place? Huh, huh? smile1

Not really wanting to confront her as her Spandex-clad eye-candy, yet unable to just leave, he landed in a nearby ally and emerged in jogging shorts and a t-shirt.
Heh. He makes the world's best eye-candy no matter what he's got on. (Or off.)

"I've never run over an animal in my life and now I struck one down because I wasn't paying attention and I'm a Cat Killer, Clark!"
awww!! Poor Lois. The kitty isn't dead. You'll see. laugh

He was such a softy.
And that is why we love him so. He's soft and squishy and... uh? Or, sorry, I was kinda thinking of my Clark teddy bear for a second there. wink

'Woe me, I have been injured! Pamper me!’
*giggles* You have no idea how much I loved this line. It's so what a cat would think. hehe!

Tentatively, Lois reached for the cat, stopping a couple of centimeters away. "I'm sorry for almost killing you, Miss Kitty." After a few seconds she gave Clark a petulant glare. "Still feeling the guilt here, Kent."
This is way too cute. And I love that one second she's the sweet Lois we didn't get to see lots of at the beginning of the series and a second later, Mad Dog is back again.

"Hey," Clark said softly when he was afraid she would pass out from lack of air. "I said it was no big deal. And I meant it." At his reassuring smile, she sniffled again and leaned into his shoulder, ignoring the indignant squawk as the cat had to readjust. Not one to let an opportunity pass, Clark wrapped an arm around her shoulders gently.
Awwww!!! He so incredibly sweet, this man. <3 ...is it wrong that this almost makes me want to run over a cat so he'd come and hug me, too?

"We should call the vet as well, maybe get her checked up. And also try the number on her collar. Mr. Wiggles? Who names a girl cat that, anyway!"
*chokes with laughter*. And you know why, too. hehehe! I'll be laughing about that one for days!

Great little vignette! I said it up there, but I'm going to say it again: I love this story to bits!! laugh It's just excellent!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was just adorable! Thanks for not killing the cat! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Favorite line.
"Still feeling the guilt here, Kent."
Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
blush Wrong story. I meant to click on the Pop-Tart link.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard