ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Let me know what you think!

#44450 07/15/07 07:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This seemed to tie up some feelings that needed closure. It solidified their freindship as a permanent one and the kiss on the cheek is a start. As for the A plot, it is interesting and going along at a good pace. I like the explaination of how she became a slayer in the Congo. To see them comforting one another for their actions in a desparate situation is great. I really like the character developement here, and yet you can still see Lois and Clark, the ones we love clearly. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#44451 07/15/07 09:44 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I really enjoyed this part - the conversations they had which explained a fair few things and the kiss on the cheek was also nice. smile

So, was that Giles on the phone? Lois is going to meet Buffy! Yay! laugh But Clark can't come too... frown Oh well.

Looking forward to Part 22!

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#44452 07/15/07 10:40 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Nice chapter - not quite sure why she's been told to come alone, but given Clark's capabilities I can't see that being a huge problem. Now for some facts, I hope.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#44453 07/16/07 07:06 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
If she’d seen condemnation in his eyes something in her would have died.
fantastic lines. thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#44454 07/16/07 07:37 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm behind in my FDK, Shayne, so please forgive me for being brief. This was another great chapter. My favorite part of it may be this:

“Guilt exists for a reason. It's there to help us choose differently in the future.”

“What if we can't?” Lois asked.

“If I get into the same situation again, I won't be making the same choice,” Clark said firmly.

Lois felt a chill. He'd as much as admitted that he'd surrender himself if he was captured again.

She'd have to make sure that didn't happen.
Clark is determined that he will never kill again, whatever the cost. But Lois is not going to stand by and let demons possess him because he won't kill to protect himself or others. So Lois is going to do whatever it takes - including killing, I suppose - to make sure that darkness won't possess Clark Kent. When you think about it, this is quite shiver-inducing.

Again, I loved the talk between Lois and Clark. I'm moved by Lois's self-doubt, and I, too, wonder what she has really become.

Like everyone else, I loved the kiss that Lois gave Clark. And like everyone else, I'm looking forward to seeing Lois meet Buffy.

And like everybody else keeps saying, Shayne: This is a totally fascinating story!

Ann

#44455 07/17/07 08:07 AM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
When I read the last line, I thought it said, "Come alive." Almost more appropriate than "Come alone." Can't wait--I certainly hope it is Giles making an appearance!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard