Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44278 07/07/07 06:30 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Ooops! blush I accidentally double posted, so I changed this thread to fdk.

I've had a lot of positive feedback, but if there is anything that you don't like, please be sure to tell me that, too.

Who knows? You could influence this story for the better.

Sammy wave

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very sly of you Sammy! All that double post switching. smile Okay, onto the feedback.

And so he did, just like a child, an adorable child, an *incredibly* adorable child. It was a bit of a squeeze, but despite her initial objections, Deidre found a way to help. The guardrails of the bed now helped to stop them from falling out of the bed as they slept. Clark had wrapped himself around the woman he loved, holding her against his chest so that she swore she could hear his heartbeat. And Lois lay curled across his chest, her bandaged arm resting on top of the blanket, their legs intertwined in the spare blankets that Deidre had found for them.

And that was how Carol found them when she came on duty the next morning, checking first on her favourite patient -- after having to disentangle her from Clark’s grasp -- and the man who loved her so much.
That was simply the most adorable mental image ever.

“Certainly am, young lady. Certainly am,” Ellen said, staring up at Cat, and giving her the distinct impression that she was only six inches tall. “And I was just wondering what you meant by that comment?”
Lol! Cat Grant taken down a peg by the formidable Ellen Lane! That's quite a picture.

“So,” Lucy said, being too preoccupied with the frame to pay attention, she had obviously missed something, but was not about to ask what, “Clark, are you going to explain this, or what?” and she thrust the frame under Clark’s nose.
Uh oh. Perceptive!Lucy on the loose. Clark's got some explaining to do.

Great chapter! Can't wait to see where you go from here.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hmm... Sly!Sammy. I like it. laugh

But seriously, I should thank Dandello for having similar troubles earlier and saving me from clicking the button more than twice. wink

Sammy

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ahhhhhh, what a lovely chapter, Sammy. The WAFF in it! razz

She sighed in resignation; she didn't know if she could ever fully accept her daughter's choice.
And just why can't she accept her daughter's choice? What's wrong with Clark, for heaven's sake?

Oaky. Clark is Superman. And that is going to make Lois's life more difficult and dangerous. Yes, I can see a loving mother objecting to the idea of her daughter marrying Superman.

But Ellen doesn't know that Clark is Superman! So what reason can she have to object? Clark isn't a doctor, and he isn't rich enough? Well, look at yourself, Ellen Lane. You married your rich doctor, and see what that did to you.

No, the only thing Ellen can possibly know about Clark is that he is very good-looking, and that he and Lois are head-over-heels in love with each other. Is that what she doesn't like? Does she dislike Clark because Lois loves him? Because her daughter's relationship with this man will make it harder for her, Ellen, to boss her daughter around?

Well, give up, Ellen. Lois won't be bossed around by you.

“I'll be fine, Lois. I just care about you...”

“And want the best for me,” Lois finished in a weary voice.

“And you have to admit I'm the best,” Clark grinned modestly.

“You don't know that yet, Lois,” Cat said from the doorway. “Wait until you've sampled the goods.”
Hah! What makes you think she hasn't, Cat? laugh

Ellen stuck her head around the door at Cat's words. “Oh, hello Mrs. Lane, you're, uh, still here,” Cat stammered.

“Certainly am, young lady. Certainly am,” Ellen said, staring up at Cat, and giving her the distinct impression that she was only six inches tall. “And I was just wondering what you meant by that comment?”
rotflol

I've had Mrs. Earl on the phone, wondering where that lovely young Olsen boy was. And then I come out here, and lo and behold, I find that lovely young Olsen boy is still here. She wants to see you Olsen, so get going!”
*snicker* But I'm almost a little worried about that lovely boy Jimmy - what will that Mrs. Earl do with him?

“I,” Clark grinned, drawing her back into his arms.

“Will.”

“Will,” Clark murmured, placing a butterfly kiss on Lois's nose, almost breaking her train of thought as he placed butterfly kisses all over her face.

“Lois!” Lucy yelled, bringing her back to the present.
Ahhhhhhh!!!!! *happy sigh*

“So,” Lucy said, being too preoccupied with the frame to pay attention, she had obviously missed something, but was not about to ask what, “Clark, are you going to explain this, or what?” and she thrust the frame under Clark's nose.
eek

What is going to happen now??? Come back soon with more, Sammy!!!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
“Kent, I want to talk to my daughter.”
oh ow. Lois is in trouble.
Ellen really does loves to lecture Lois! wink

I'm glad Lois is back to full conscience, and they're letting her go home, yay!!

“Lois!” Lucy yelled, bringing her back to the present.
I can't help but feel that they enjoy driving everybody crazy like this!
They do, don't they? wink
“So,” Lucy said, being too preoccupied with the frame to pay attention, she had obviously missed something, but was not about to ask what, “Clark, are you going to explain this, or what?” and she thrust the frame under Clark’s nose.
Ooh I would love to hear their explanation. But I'm afraid that if you won't post the next part before Sunday I'll have to wait 3 weeks frown . Because I'm going on vacation smile , no computer!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Tell me, Sammy, can I strangle Dr. Roberts? Just a little?
I'll even put him in a box and send him to you. Debating on the airholes... laugh

And just why can't she accept her daughter's choice? What's wrong with Clark, for heaven's sake?

Oaky. Clark is Superman. And that is going to make Lois's life more difficult and dangerous. Yes, I can see a loving mother objecting to the idea of her daughter marrying Superman.

But Ellen doesn't know that Clark is Superman! So what reason can she have to object? Clark isn't a doctor, and he isn't rich enough? Well, look at yourself, Ellen Lane. You married your rich doctor, and see what that did to you.

No, the only thing Ellen can possibly know about Clark is that he is very good-looking, and that he and Lois are head-over-heels in love with each other. Is that what she doesn't like? Does she dislike Clark because Lois loves him? Because her daughter's relationship with this man will make it harder for her, Ellen, to boss her daughter around?

Well, give up, Ellen. Lois won't be bossed around by you.
Ellen's main problem at the moment is that as far as everyone knows, Lois only met Clark two days ago. Who gets engaged on day three and expects the marriage to last?

I'm almost a little worried about that lovely boy Jimmy - what will that Mrs. Earl do with him?
goofy (where's that *innocent whistle* icon?)

Ooh I would love to hear their explanation. But I'm afraid that if you won't post the next part before Sunday I'll have to wait 3 weeks frown . Because I'm going on vacation smile , no computer!!
I do hope that's next Sunday. Part Twelve isn't even a page long yet.

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww they are adorable and I really dislike Ellen. I hope they get to be together full time soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
By Sammy Sparrow - A big hug goes to Lexy, who has somehow talked herself into being my second beta. Must have something to do with the fact that she lives with me and can access my draft pages while I’m not even home. laugh
grumble
Why does the image of you coming up to me and pleading me to read your next section come to mind? :rolleyes:

*wanders off to find her new section*

Lexy [Linked Image]

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Woo! help

Sammy, I like this story and I'm looking forward to the next part. These last couple parts have been just a *little* *eensy* *bit* sugary for my taste, but that's a matter of personal opinion. Winning others' acceptance just by being visibly in love just seems a bit too easy to me, (and let me emphasize, *to me*), but the story's good so I'm more than willing to let it pass. (EDIT: Of course, it's possible I misread the situations. )

Now let's have the explanations of the photo! clap

~•~
Columnist
Columnist
I do hope that's next Sunday. Part Twelve isn't even a page long yet
It's the 15th.
But I can wait three weeks... if I have too wink

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love the image of Clark squeezing onto the bed with Lois... <dreamy sigh> And LOL at the "lovely young Olsen boy".

Want more soonest!

I'm hoping that sometime soon L&C get a chance to rest! Together, of course laugh They need to start planning their new old future...

And how will they explain the picture? This new-fangled thing called "Photoshop"? goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'm so sorry, Camy, I haven't quite finished Part Twelve. Guess you'll have to wait those three weeks after all. frown

But on the bright side you might get to read two or even three parts in a row without waiting at all. laugh

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard