Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you for finally dragging this story out of your hard disk. It's so sweet *sigh*.

When I saw the episode for the first time I was so sorry for Clark after he sat on the kitchen floor, surrounded by the debris of his house. And then upstairs when he almost crashed the bedroom-door as he tried to flee out of the room -- I really wanted to give him a hug so badly you cannot imagine it at all. So while reading your story I was really glad that he kind of got that hug from Lois *happilysigh*

Thanks for sharing the story clap hail

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Features Writer
Features Writer
I like it! I can actually see this happening, too! I always wondered a little why Lois didn't follow him downstairs to try to comfort him or at least to talk about it. Good job!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nicely done! I never thought to elaborate on that epsode but you did it so gracefully well!

Thank you for this quickie!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I like the short ones. I suppose you could say I have problems with commitment. laugh

Well done.

Elisabeth

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Nicely done. I also always thought Lois should have followed him downstairs.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Columnist
Columnist
“You know Clark,” she said softly, alluringly. “You pack a lot of horse sense in them tight britches.”
You know, this line had me cracking up.

You did a great job! Very nicely done. Short but sweet with just the right touch of humor.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, so sweet! (And since I haven't seen the episode, as usual, I wish you had told me more of the story, but... it's my own fault for not watching the eisode, right? laugh Oh, well... I guess Clark gets back his ability to control his powers, right? laugh )

“Lois! No!” Clark shot straight up, halting her step. “Please don't come near me. I can't bear to hurt you.”

Lois paused for a moment, locking eyes with her husband. “Lay down,” she commanded quietly.
Isn't that what you tell a puppy? Ah well... I love her commanding him.

Lois pushed back a few wayward strands of hair from his forehead and he managed a lopsided grin. “I wish I could touch you, Lois.”

Acknowledging this with only a glimmer in her eyes, Lois gently placed a hand on his flat stomach and lightly skimmed the top. Clark, shirtless, shivered slightly under the feather light touch. He started to speak, but Lois placed a light finger on his mouth. After an instant he quieted and Lois replaced her finger with her lips.
Awww, so sweet!!

She caressed his mouth softly. The gentle kiss was one of reassurance, but it still scared him. For a long moment Clark tried to refuse the kiss, to grant himself one semblance of control, but finally he relented, capturing her lips before they could dart away. Mindlessly he reached up a hand and only his extreme willpower halted it a mere millimeter off her skin. With a supreme determination, he resisted the urge to pull her closer, fully aware that he was still dangerous, a loaded gun. Even kissing was probably off limits but she felt so good…
She's torturing him! Ah, but he likes it! He loves it!

She finally pulled back, her breathing ragged as she rested her head on his shoulder. They lay like that a few moments, Clark allowing himself to be lulled slightly by the comforting, familiar weight of his wife's upper body resting across his chest.
Aaawwww!!!!

“I know it isn't, Lois. You know its killing me not to touch you back…”

Lois interrupted him, a little hurt gleaming in her eyes. “Then why were you smiling earlier?”

“I was…” Clark drifted off as his thoughts wandered. How could he explain to her what he could barely piece together in his own mind? “You see, you're the most important person in the world to me, Lois. And when I'm with you, no matter what's happening, you have this way of letting me forget.”
Adorable! *happy sigh*

“You know Clark,” she said softly, alluringly. “You pack a lot of horse sense in them tight britches.”
Oh, what a lovely married couple endearment!

“We'd better figure this thing out soon, Clark,” she said as she climbed the steps, pausing at the top.

Entranced by the seductive view his wife made, it took Clark a moment to answer.

“Hmm…? Why?”

“Because our sex life is going to be pretty dismal if we don't.” She gave him a Cheshire grin and disappeared into the bedroom.
That's sad, but so funny...

Glancing down, he smiled ruefully. He had better, anyway. Ignoring the ache, he turned over and tried to sleep.
I wonder what ache we are talking about? Maybe it's something you could only elaborate on in the nfic folder? laugh

Sweet and lovely, Laura. I'll take it from you that Clark got his powers under control and was able to kiss and hug and make love to Lois again!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for all the comments! Squee! You guys made my day.

LCfan--
And then upstairs when he almost crashed the bedroom-door as he tried to flee out of the room -- I really wanted to give him a hug so badly you cannot imagine it at all.
Oh I can imagine it! I wanted to hug him too. He looked so sad! Thanks for starting up the feedback and leaving such a nice review.

EditorJax-- Thanks! I always thought that it seemed a little incomplete myself. I was sure Lois would follow him. *shrug* Well, writing it has sort of eased the little bit of resentment inside of me, so I'm good. Thanks for the comments!

Sheila-- No problem, thanks for reading and taking the time to review!

Elisabeth-- Lol, I know what you mean! Once I'm in the middle of a long fic, I love them, but starting them usually intimidates me. I'm glad I could oblige with a short one. smile

JackieK- Yes, I thought so too. I think that seems to be the general consensus. We could call Herb in his time machine and have him remake the episode...?

Symbolicangel--
Short but sweet with just the right touch of humor.
Eee! Thank you! Especially since I'm still bowled over by the first chapter of your story. It's wonderful. Thank you for the comments. smile

Ann-- Ann you haven't seen season 4??? Oh no! I'm sorry. I went off making assumptions. You pretty much have it down, Clark gets exposed to red kryptonite and it makes his powers magnify. He hugs Lois in the morning and we see her wince. Then later that night they're getting in bed and he sees the bruise and he realizes he left it. Then he apologize, obviously torn up about it, and sleeps on the couch. The next morning they go about catching the bad guys until Clark's back to normal.

Lol! About Clark being a puppy. He's got the puppy dog stare down... I could see it being a feasible option.

Ah, but he likes it! He loves it!
You're too funny, Ann! smile

About the married couple endearment... Have you seen Just Say Noah? From season 3? Because I got it from there. If not, I don't really make up crazed endearments like that! Lol.

I wonder what ache we are talking about? Maybe it's something you could only elaborate on in the nfic folder?
blush blush blush I was beet red just posting <that> Ann! Babysteps... babysteps. Thanks so much for the feedback that was probably longer than my entire story. It means so much!

Thank you EVERYONE.

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Columnist
Columnist
Really a sweet story!!

It was just so sad seeing Clark in that episode.
He was just to strong for his own good. And he did deserve a hug or a kiss! and I'm glad he got one in this story.

..and calling Herb with his time machine and put this part in the episode doesn't look like a bad idea wink

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehehe! Loved it! smile Well done.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard