Print Thread
#44126 07/02/07 12:15 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Clark Kent, the man who could stare down any and almost every criminal in Metropolis -- provided they weren't packing kryptonite -- was being given a dose of his own medicine. Ellen Lane, who stood *at* *least* a foot shorter than Clark, was putting him through the wringer.

“Where is my daughter, Kent? Right now. You tell me *right* *now* where she is, or so *help* me, I'll go *right* through you, and you *won't* like that, my boy,” she demanded, poking him in the chest every time she stressed a word.
*snort* Ellen is insufferable - but this is just slapstick-comedy funny, Sammy! Particularly Ellen poking Clark in the chest all the time to emphasize her words! rotflol

“Good luck,” Carol muttered to Clark, discreetly rolling her eyes before jogging off after an extremely impatient Ellen Lane, who was checking every room that she came to.
Um... Ellen... did you say you were a nurse? I was googling for a picture of "bad bedside manners", but I couldn't find anything. Oh well, just imagine a picture of Ellen Lane, and you know what I mean!

“Ma'am? Mrs. Lane? You've gone too far, she's back *here*,” she called, leading Ellen back up the corridor, and stopping just outside Lois's room.
Yep, Ellen, you've gone too far!

Carol then underwent a change, putting herself in full Nurse Mode. “*Now*, there are some things you should know before you go in. *Firstly*, your daughter will be fine. She has cuts and bruises, and also sustained a nasty bump to the head, but is recovering nicely. She has been unconscious for a while, and we were worried, but she's since started to come round, and is doing fine,” she told Lois's mother before staring her right in the eye. “*Secondly*, those people you were shouting at before, they are *friends* of hers, and deserve to be treated as such. Mr. Kent has been *very* worried about her and does *not* deserve to be shrieked at in the corridor, and so you will do me the courtesy of *toning* *down* your attitude, and making this hospital a nicer place for patients, staff, and loved ones. Am I clear?”
Hah! I love Carol telling Ellen off! Of course, much good it did her...

“Am... I... Clear?” Carol repeated, and you could feel the capital letters in her question.

“Crystal,” Ellen answered sweetly, before storming past Carol and entering Lois's room. “Now, where's Lois?”

“Thank you,” Carol said to the empty corridor, which seemed to have benefited from her lecture more than the woman it was intended for did.
:rolleyes:

“I'm okay, Mother, but where's Clark? Is he still here?” Lois asked with a sleepy insistence.

“Lois, it's Mother, I'm here now. You don't need Clark.”

“What are you talking about? He's my *soul* *mate*. Of *course* I need Clark,” Lois protested, moving now, trying to wake up properly while the meds gave fuel to some horrific visions. “What did you *do* to him?”

By then, Lois's movements had become agitated, causing the monitors attached to her to squeal and beep alarmingly.
For once, the medical monitors are telling Ellen what effect she's having on Lois!

Not caring if she interrupted, Ellen strode up to them and grabbed Clark's arm, spinning him round. Clark was all ready to react when he saw who it was that had hold of him. “Kent, I don't know what the *hell* you've done to my daughter, but she...Kent! Hey! Come back here!” she yelled at his retreating back, but to no avail. Clark had taken off when he saw Carol come out of the room and look up and down the corridor, before finally seeing Clark and gesturing wildly at him.
What a funny scene.

Lois's mother watched as Clark sat there, his thumbs gently tracing a pattern across the back of Lois's hand. And she watched as Lois quietened, the sedative that Carol had given her and Clark's gentle touch beginning to take effect.

“Clark,” she breathed, knowing his touch, knowing it was his hands that held hers.
Aaaaaawwww..... *loves*

“I love her, Ellen. It's as simple as that.” He finally tore his eyes away from Lois, and looked over at her mother. It was clear from the look on her face that she was deeply suspicious of Clark's motives.

“I can see that,” she said with acerbity. “You love her now. But how long will *that* last? How long before you tire of Lois and go off with some *bimbo* and leave your family to fend for itself?”

“That will *never* happen,” Clark answered firmly. “Besides, she loves me too,” Clark told her, smiling as Lois snuffled in her sleep, moving imperceptibly closer to him.
Aaaaaawwww!!! I love him telling her! And I love Lois snuffling and moving closer to Clark!

“She loves you?”

Clark nodded.

“And would it be such a bad thing if she does?” Lucy asked from the doorway, having caught the last few words.
Wow! There are many stories where Lucy is mostly a pain in the... (choose an appropriate part of your anatomy), but here she is a nice sister, defending Lois's love to her Mom!

Out in the corridor, Lucy placed a comforting hand on Clark's shoulder. “She's going to be fine.”

“I know,” Clark said. “I know she is.” He managed a tired smile. “But having your mother second guess my every move...and then doubt that Lois loves me...it's not helping things, Lucy.”

“Don't blame me,” Lucy protested, putting her hands up in surrender. “She's just my mother. I didn't exactly have a choice in the matter.” Clark chuckled at her antics. Seeing that Lois was all right had restored his sense of humour.
Lucy is being really nice!

“Kent! Oh no, she's not going home with *Kent*, she'll be going home with *me*,” Mrs. Lane exploded.
Well, Lois is at least twenty-seven, and probably a little older than that, so... how about acknowledging that she is old enough to make her own choices, Ellen?

“He loves her very much, and from what I've seen of Lois here, she seems to react to him just as much. She's not really woken up properly yet, but she seems to know when he's here, you know? She certainly seems to care for him a great deal...or at least that's the impression I get.”

“From her while she's asleep. You think that she cares that much about him...from seeing her while she's asleep.”

“Ma'am, you get to know people. You get to watch a lot of people in this job, and you get to know when people should be together. And these two should be together. Clark really does love your friend here, ma'am...”

“My daughter,” Ellen said icily.
Well, that was a faux pas, Tim. But I loved what he said about being able to tell when people love each other.

“She's fine, Clark,” he said as he passed Clark and Lucy in the corridor. “So is her mother. Clark, I think it might help if you give them some time together.
Who will that help, Tim? Will it help Lois, your patient? Or will it only help your patient's meddling mother?

But you know men. It doesn't last. They don't last.”
Come on, Ellen, not all men are like your ex-husband!

Ah, but Ellen seems to be mellowing at the end of this chapter, allowing Clark to stay with Lois for the night while she herself goes home, and allowing Carol to reassure her about the love Clark and Lois feel for each other.

Nice, Sammy! But you know, I'm so immensely curious... what will happen when Ellen finds out that Clark and Lois are married? That Lois is pregnant?

I want to read about that! So please give us the next part soon!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
“Where is my daughter, Kent? Right now. You tell me *right* *now* where she is, or so *help* me, I’ll go *right* through you, and you *won’t* like that, my boy,” she demanded, poking him in the chest every time she stressed a word.
Oh I love the poking!! laugh Lois inherited from somebody goofy
but she is being harsh on him!
“I’m okay, Mother, but where’s Clark? Is he still here?” Lois asked with a sleepy insistence.
goofy
That will *never* happen,” Clark answered firmly. “Besides, she loves me too,” Clark told her, smiling as Lois snuffled in her sleep, moving imperceptibly closer to him.
Aaaaw very very sweet!!
Inside Lois’s room, both Lois and Clark were sound asleep, Lois in the bed, and Clark perched on the chair beside her, uncomfortable, but unwilling to let go of her hand.
Olso very sweet.
Really sweet (and even funny) part!! thumbsup It's nice that at the end Ellen sees what they mean for each other!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful.
a much more demure Ellen, who was so OOC
She's still too nice.

Sammie,

I think this is really fun. Now after 4+ years of marriage why are they so over the top in their emotions?

Is it a side effect of the time travel?

Or a foreboding of doom?

Some believe that the chemical response some call love lasts for 18 months so perhaps it's the happily married couple with the newly in love chemicals flooding their libido?

Framework4
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
laugh
*is proud that my additions to the story were such a success*

blush oh...your story was already great to begin with! laugh goofy

Lexy [Linked Image]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow... beware the wrath of Ellen Lane! eek

Way to go, Carol and Tim. Funny stuff, Sammy.

I did keep wondering what would happen when someone came out to report that Lois was fine, and the baby was unharmed... evil but I guess it is a bit early to detect that sort of thing, without help from time travellers...

Looking forward to a chapter where Lois is awake laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! What a great chapter. Ellen Lane was too funny. I can just imagine how confused she is. And Lois calling out for Clark was just so sweet. *sigh* I just caught up with the story earlier today. It's wonderful! Can't wait for part 11!

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm with Pam on expecting someone to slip up and mention the baby. goofy

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Ann:
Nice, Sammy! But you know, I'm so immensely curious... what will happen when Ellen finds out that Clark and Lois are married? That Lois is pregnant?
Well, in the next part you will find out how she reacts to the fact that they are engaged. They might even let her attend the wedding. After all, in this time frame, they aren't married yet. And somehow, I think they'd wait a while before telling her about the pregnancy.
Originally posted by Patrick:
I think this is really fun. Now after 4+ years of marriage why are they so over the top in their emotions?

Is it a side effect of the time travel?

Or a foreboding of doom?

Some believe that the chemical response some call love lasts for 18 months so perhaps it's the happily married couple with the newly in love chemicals flooding their libido?
Actually, they've only been married for six months according to Lois. Although it might be closer to seven or eight now. But, regardless of the length of time, I am one of those hopeless romantics who believes that they will act this way around each other on their death beds.

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard