Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44057 06/29/07 04:01 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Nicely written. I recognized Jack immediately, even though he didn't proposition Martha, or Jonathan, for that matter. Must have decided to behave himself in that time period.

Very nicely written. Let me know where the rest is posted and I will read it as well.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#44058 06/30/07 11:32 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I might change the final version to have him think about it, but realise who they are before it's too late.

Alternatively he could just proposition both of them and get thrown out of the truck, but there's a risk they'd be so angry that they'll miss the capsule arriving...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#44059 06/30/07 12:13 PM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Marcus,

Very nicely done!

I can just see Jack, AKA John Barrowman, doing the good deeds.

A lovely touch to the arrival of the baby Kal-el arriving on earth.

Regards,

Stuart

#44060 07/01/07 01:43 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
I might change the final version to have him think about it, but realise who they are before it's too late.

Alternatively he could just proposition both of them and get thrown out of the truck, but there's a risk they'd be so angry that they'll miss the capsule arriving...
While the show was constrained to use the same actors, it is hard to de-age someone that much and make it look good. It's too bad that they couldn't get the same actor that played young Jonathan in Strange Visitor to play him in Tempus Fugitive.

[Linked Image]

(don't know why the picture doesn't work, so here is the URL http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/SV/StrangeVisitor676.jpg )

I could see Jack looking at that Jonathan easier.

Honestly, I have never seen a fat farmer before watching Lois and Clark. I was raised in farm country, and any farmer with his salt was not lazy enough to be fat. The only moderatly heavy farmer I knew had 'retired' and only plowed enough to feed him and his wife.

My Grandfather, who died when he was in his 80s, was as skinny as a bean pole, as the saying goes. All my uncles are thin and their farming sons are like them.

James, who always had a hard time believing that Jonathan was a farmer. Elisabeth theory is that he had farm hands to help him with the farming after he had injured his back.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#44061 07/04/07 09:56 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by D8a:
Let me know where the rest is posted and I will read it as well.

James
Stearted to post it here - just the first chapter so far, which is set in the 19th century and a cross with some westerns and a horror story.

Marcus L. Rowland
#44062 02/25/08 06:43 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I haven't watched Doctor Who in years and years but this was a nice vignette even without reading the rest of it. Nicely done.

#44063 02/26/08 11:22 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I only know Capt. Jack from Torchwood. We're in the second season here. I didn't know the rogue part until James Marsters (Spike of Buffy the Vampire Slayer) showed up as a past cohort of Jack's. So far Torchwood has played up the sex and immortality part of Jack's personality.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#44064 06/29/08 11:12 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I finally got around to posting the final version at various sites - because a lot of people aren't familiar with L&C I eventually decided to make the date indeterminate, so that it could be any incarnation of Superman, from the Golden Age right up to Smallville, and made some small changes to fix a couple of problems that arose out of events in S2 Torchwood.

Unfortunately I posted the Jack-meets-Spike story (chapter 2) before they confirmed that the Spike look-alike character was definite for Torchwood. I decided not to change it in the end.

I've included a link to the L&C archive, hopefully it'll attract a new reader or two.

Marcus L. Rowland

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard