Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43926 06/25/07 04:21 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I'm not sure about this chapter. Does it work? Let me know. Thanks!

#43927 06/25/07 05:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Olaf was an intersting character, Clark is now suspicious of Lois and Lois is about to confide in him, only to find out he is more then he appears to be as well. It seems Lois has a way to get rid of the evil thing inside her, but I bet she won't even try until she has cleaned things up. I think it works. Can things be cleared up after all? there seems to be a little hope of something that can work...the KEY...
They have to find her so all the bad souls can go back to hell and Lois can be relieved of her Demon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#43928 06/25/07 07:52 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by ShayneT:
I'm not sure about this chapter. Does it work? Let me know. Thanks!
Works fine for me. Just trying to imagine Buffy's reaction if Lois turns up searching for the Key with an obviously supernatural being - Clark - in tow smile1

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#43929 06/25/07 08:30 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Being a total Buffy illiterate, I now know that I'm not going to immerse myself in a Clark and Lois-less Buffyverse, should I find Buffy somewhere on Swedish television. Ah, but I'm very interested in seeing Lois trying to deal with her situation and confiding in Clark. This is the kind of story that gives Lois the chance to be a hero, and I very much hope that that will happen here, Shayne!

Ann

#43930 06/25/07 10:31 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This was a very good chapter. Olaf's mutterings may induce Lois to fear that Clark is one of the evil ones, but if Clark truly doesn't yet know that he's an alien, then he might think so too. And Lois might fear that she's becoming evil, given her odd feelings and her ease at disabling Olaf.

And when she meets another Slayer, she'll have more information to work with. I wonder if the other Slayer will consider Clark a threat, since Lois obviously doesn't, and they've been together for some time (and haven't been in Sunnydale at all) without any threat of injury against her.

Your pacing is outstanding. You're feeding us information slowly but steadily, yet you're leaving us hoping for more (at least I'm hoping!) without cutting your postings terminally short. I'm eager to read the next chapter, because I know it'll be just as rich and full as the ones before it. Keep up the great work!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#43931 06/26/07 02:38 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, Ann, my story is darker than the canon Buffyverse. First, the horror was doled out in smaller chunks over many episodes. Secondly, the characters lightened things with a sense of humor and bright characters.

Also, Buffy was comfortable with what she was for the most part. She had people who loved and supported her, and she knew exactly what was happening to her.

Lois is in the dark. She doesn't know what is happening or what is going to happen. She's a little like a prepubescent who's body has started to change, but who has no one to explain why.

Also, we never really got to see what happened to Lois in the Congo. She didn't die and presumably her counterpart in Alt-Clark's world did. Sometimes just regular post traumatic stress can be enough to take the fun out of life.

Next chapter has some darkness, but also has some Lois and Clark interactions that might open some chances up to lighten things up.

I'm glad you liked the chapter, Laura. THE Key has a very specific meaning in the Buffyverse... and was integral to the knights' stories.

The nice thing about this story, Marcus is that I have felt free to have Lois make wrong conclusions. I'll bet Lois won't be the only one. evil

Thanks Terry, for the feedback. I can neither confirm nor deny any speculation...but since I'm posting them as I write them, good ideas will be taken into consideration. <g>

Of course, sometimes I've already had them.

#43932 06/26/07 09:44 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wonder if Olaf is an original Buffyverse character? Probably. I liked the idea that he had made himself blind, but he could see more and farther than ordinary people. The blind seer, you know. That reverberates of ancient themes, of the old Greeks. When Oedipus realized that he had killed his father and married his mother - when he could see what he had done - he ripped out his eyes. And the man who helped him see what he had done was Teresias - don't know if you spell his name like that in English - anyway, Teresias was the original blind seer. Oh, but some say that Homer, who wrote the Iliad and the Oddyssey, two of the first literary masterpieces ever produced by humanity, was blind too.

Ann

#43933 06/27/07 09:18 AM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Olaf wasn't a Buffyverse character. He was an original. Thanks for the Oedipus reference. There is also legends about Odin, who sacrificed one eye for wisdom. Additionally, one of the characters in the Buffyverse, who was known as the one who could see lost an eye.

Lots of symbolism if you know where to look wink .

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard