Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43910 06/25/07 08:09 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Ahh, Catherine, I loved this story! Lois with all those cats! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

A familiar whoosh, and as she looked around her apartment she wondered how many cats she’d gotten since the last time she saw him, if he would bring her another stray he rescued from a tree. How many did she have now? Forty-one? Forty-three?

--

“—Forty-seven!”
Hehe. I can just picture Superman bringing her stray cats to keep her company...

A part of his brain cried out ‘Fix it!’ and ‘Make it better!’ while another part ran frantically about the room, tugging at its hair and screaming ‘Run away! Run away!’
thumbsup

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#43911 06/25/07 08:22 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't know if that part
If you ever die on me like that again, Buster, I’ll make Dr. Hamilton bring you back just so I can kill you myself.”
was supposed to be one of the cutest things I've ever read, but ... well ... it was one of the cutest thing's i've ever read wink

i'm glad that you finally decided to drag that story out of its closet after one year thumbsup

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#43912 06/25/07 09:37 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
“If you ever die on me like that again, Buster, I’ll make Dr. Hamilton bring you back just so I can kill you myself.”
rotflol enjoyed that last part of your story - nearly cracked up laughing

#43913 06/25/07 10:01 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
To Clark Kent, my own “Half-Naked Kansan Warrior” that I realized too late.
[Linked Image]

Almost reverently she pressed the book to her breasts, covering her heart with the italicized words centered on the fibrous paper. Finally, after so many years of searching her heart for the right words and at last getting them down, the hassle of finding a publisher and the right editor, it was published! Her book, her baby, her life's work!
Ah, sigh, I couldn't find a picture of a woman resembling Lois pressing that book to her heart, but I can so totally see her...

The wanton face was a generic beauty with tiny dots of blue to mark cerulean eyes. A boyish frame held up an empire-fitted gown, barely any chest to be seen.
[Linked Image] The redhead! Well, almost... goofy

an inquisitive moist nose poked at her hand as whiskers tickled her skin, and her anger left her. Lois touched her forehead to the cat's and sighed. “Well, Clark 22, it looks like we're all doomed to creative license.”
[Linked Image]

Well, I googled "Clark 22" and this image turned up, so maybe it's him? laugh

A prickling at the back of her neck startled her, and for a moment she felt a familiar sense of overwhelming apprehension. One of the only friends she had left; a god in a blue suit she would have once been happy to try and seduce now a pale comparison to the man she lost.
Superman as a god... so the picture is too big to put in here, but I can post a link!

Superman as a god

A familiar whoosh, and as she looked around her apartment she wondered how many cats she'd gotten since the last time she saw him, if he would bring her another stray he rescued from a tree. How many did she have now? Forty-one? Forty-three?
Ahh, that's adorable!!! A Superman god who brings Lois all those cats!!!

[Linked Image]

“—Forty-seven!” Lois jolted straight up.
Hey, Lois, didn't you know that it's forty-two that is the magic number? goofy

[Linked Image]

So when she cried out the seemingly meaningless number and shot up as though an electric charge had coursed through her, he had started slightly. And then her face fell, and before he knew it she was crying. Not knowing what brought this about, panic shot through him and he felt helpless. A part of his brain cried out "Fix it!' and "Make it better!' while another part ran frantically about the room, tugging at its hair and screaming "Run away! Run away!'

The rational side of his brain bitch-slapped this last voice. Properly subdued, it cowered behind his medulla oblongata.
[Linked Image]

Hiding behind....?

[Linked Image]

A good place to hide. laugh

“Oh, Clark!” She fell against him, arms folded against his chest and clutching his jacket, face burrowing against his shoulder. “It was horrible! I was alone and you were still dead and I wasn't a reporter any more and I got a book published and it had a really bad name about half-naked warriors and I ate too much ice cream and Superman kept having to bring me stray cats he'd rescued to keep me company!”
Isn't this the best Lois-babble ever, and a good reason for her to cry? laugh

“If you ever die on me like that again, Buster, I'll make Dr. Hamilton bring you back just so I can kill you myself.”
Aaaaawwwww..... (and how about you kiss him before you kill him, Lois?)

[Linked Image]

So all in all, it was aaaawwwww, Cat! It may not have had that much of a plot, but it was... aaaawwwww!!!! sloppy

Ann

#43914 06/25/07 10:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Catherine this was delightful treat. It's been quoted before, but I just have to quote it again:

A part of his brain cried out ‘Fix it!’ and ‘Make it better!’ while another part ran frantically about the room, tugging at its hair and screaming ‘Run away! Run away!’
I laughed so hard at this - and at work, too, I'll have you know. Too funny!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#43915 06/25/07 10:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
However, it seems to end at just the right place, so yay!
nods, nods! I does. laugh Although if you're ever in the mood to add some more... feel free! You know... we're really not going to mind at all. *giggles*

And the ending, which she had worded specifically so that there was a double entendre, was now horribly rewritten to where there was none of the original meaning left.
I still want to know what that double entendre was, you know... hehehe!

The rational side of his brain bitch-slapped this last voice.
*giggles* I know that was quoted more than once, but I love it! I love the bitch-slapped comment, too. hehehe!

“If you ever die on me like that again, Buster, I’ll make Dr. Hamilton bring you back just so I can kill you myself.”
aaawww!!

I'm so glad that you posted this. smile I told you about a dozen times for sure, but I really loved this story! smile

(and now you should post the others!! like the one you had in your notebook when we went to Applebee's... remember?)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#43916 06/25/07 05:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#43917 06/25/07 05:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy

And the end, aaaaaww! sloppy

~•~
#43918 06/25/07 06:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Har!

Lois touched her forehead to the cat’s and sighed. “Well, Clark 22, it looks like we’re all doomed to creative license.”
Knowing Lois' reputation with plants, my first thought was: Omg, Lois already killed 21 other cats LOL.

Way funny.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#43919 06/25/07 06:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Har!

Lois touched her forehead to the cat’s and sighed. “Well, Clark 22, it looks like we’re all doomed to creative license.”
Knowing Lois' reputation with plants, my first thought was: Omg, Lois already killed 21 other cats LOL.

Way funny.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#43920 06/25/07 08:53 PM
Columnist
Columnist
A familiar whoosh, and as she looked around her apartment she wondered how many cats she’d gotten since the last time she saw him, if he would bring her another stray he rescued from a tree. How many did she have now? Forty-one? Forty-three?
I can just picture Superman bringing all those cats goofy ), but I just love it too
It just had me laughing so hard laugh
Really funny story!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#43921 06/25/07 10:35 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Well, let's see. This story was part Freudian, part Monty Python, part "old cat lady," part "writer's worst nightmare," and all funny! It's already on my Kerth nomination list for next year.

More such like, when you can. We don't laugh nearly enough.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#43922 06/25/07 10:42 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Duh! Catharine, I just realized that you have, in one day, posted one of the funniest short stories I've ever read and one of the saddest, tenderest, most agonizingly touching stories I've ever struggled through. I bow down to your genius. If we had a "best overall writer" award, I'd nominate you for the Lifetime Achievement category. You are truly brilliant. Thank you for sharing your glory with us lesser beings.

notworthy

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#43923 06/27/07 05:23 AM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
What a story! I always love it when authors deal with the time gaps that the series didn't address. (Reminded of one of " In a Better Place " by CC Aiken.)

And this has to be one of my favorite feedback lines I've read recently:

#43924 06/29/07 03:51 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Only a moment for feedback, so...

clap

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard