Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#43677 06/18/07 06:19 PM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ahh! What a stroke of luck. I didn't notice part 5 being posted so I read that yesterday and now I have part 6 here to read today! Thanks so much Sue! Okay, real comments now.

He had stripped down to his boxers and was lying on a stretch of pebble-free sand like he was at the beach. His only concession to the bright sunshine was an arm thrown across his eyes.
Oh dear. That's quite a nice mental image. Mmmm.... *Shakes self* But he's terribly injured! Shouldn't be thinking about <that>. goofy

"It's not," she told him matter-of-factly. "And it's terrible if it's on your back where you can't reach."

"Isn't that what marriage is about? Maybe this would be a good time to discuss your wifely duties."
rotflol Glad to know Clark can still tease Lois even while their hurt and alone in the desert. I can't imagine Lois submitting to anyone's notions of "wifely duties" but her own.

Was he implying that she was more attracted to him? Because that was simply not true. He had it bad for her.
Hehe. Or course he does! *Tempus walks out* "DUH!"

He grinned at the thought of a horror movie titled, 'The Bride of Superman.'
lol

"That first story we worked on together? We were riding in a cab and you ended up sitting really close to me and our knees touched. It sent shivers through me. I told myself it was silly to get all worked up over someone I'd just met. But the truth was I liked you so much that it scared me. So I pushed you away."
Awww. I like that explanation. It's much nicer than thinking she just didn't deign to notice.

He grunted. "Don't make me laugh, it hurts too much." Clark lay back down. "You're a good wife, Lois. The best I've ever had."
I just love their conversation in this chapter! It's so in character.

"I'm the only husband you've ever had."

"I know." Lois tipped her head back so that she could see his face. "But, even if you weren't, you'd still be my favorite."
Awwwwwwwwww

"I'm so sorry," he panted. She didn't answer and he was almost relieved that she had passed out. That was better, he hoped. Gritting his teeth he slowly began the hike out of the canyon and back to the road. He made the journey one hundred steps at time. He would go one hundred steps and then stop to check on her. His heartbeat hammered loudly in his ears each time, afraid that was going to find she was gone.
Ah! The angst! Such a quick turnabout from the waffy feelings a few paragraphs up. That paragraph is so... sad and so... aww!

"You don't have to stay with me anymore," he whispered into her hair. "But I want you to know that I'm glad you married me. I love you. I've loved you since the day I met you. All I ever wanted was to be able to hold you for the rest of our lives." The words became stuck in his throat and he choked on a half-sob at the knowledge that he had got his wish.

"All I ever wanted," he repeated, hoping that she could hear him. "My wife."
Oh my god Sue! That was so sad! Oh my goodness, I'm close to tears. I need to stop getting so emotional to fanfiction stories! But you wrote this so well. It was beautiful. WONDERFUL, wonderful chapter. The end was just... wow.

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh! Part 6! Yay! I've been looking forward to this, Sue (just so you know... wink ). laugh

He had stripped down to his boxers
Mmm... Clark in nothing but boxers... drool What a picture you paint, Sue...

hadn't even considered the possibility that there was more to him than just his impressive ability to be annoying
clap

Was it the bullet? Had some trace of whatever had affected him at the mine become trapped inside him when he was shot? Would his powers ever return?
All very good questions... When will they be answered? Or should I read on? wink

"Wow," she whispered and then giggled. "I'm married to Superman, huh?"

"Yeah, you are." He peeked from beneath his arm and wanted to laugh. She was sitting there with his cape over her head like a veil. He grinned at the thought of a horror movie titled, 'The Bride of Superman.'
For some reason, I can just picture the movie poster... laugh

"So this scorching kiss of yours - have you given one to Mayson?"
Aha! I knew Mayson's name was going to come up eventually...

She frowned and realized that he had neatly deflected her. "Nice try. You didn't answer my question. Whose expectations have you met?"

He flushed and looked away. "No one's," he admitted softly.

Lois furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Ever?"

He shook his head.

"You're kidding me, right?" He had to be teasing her.

"Nope."

"You, you're, oh my god, really? I, uh, geez. I don't know what to say to that."

Say you'll be mine, his mind whispered. Say you'll want me after this is all over.
*sigh*

"That first story we worked on together? We were riding in a cab and you ended up sitting really close to me and our knees touched. It sent shivers through me. I told myself it was silly to get all worked up over someone I'd just met. But the truth was I liked you so much that it scared me. So I pushed you away."
Silly girl.

"Really?" he asked. "Because I married you for your smokin' hot body."
Hehe! I love this bit from Clark. So teasing, but such a great part of their banter.

She was quiet for so long that he thought she had gone to sleep. But then she said, "This isn't so bad. I think if I had to choose, I'd want to die in your arms."

"What if I go first?" he answered, his voice a little huskier at the thought of actually losing her.

"You know how competitive I am. Are you really going to make this a contest?"
Even when talking about dying, their banter goes on...

Lois flopped back to the ground and didn't move. She seemed so limp, so distant, and it sent a chill stab of fear through him. Working on desperation alone, he pulled her to a sitting position again, holding her shoulders as her head flopped back weakly.
No, Lois! eek

"You don't have to stay with me anymore," he whispered into her hair. "But I want you to know that I'm glad you married me. I love you. I've loved you since the day I met you. All I ever wanted was to be able to hold you for the rest of our lives." The words became stuck in his throat and he choked on a half-sob at the knowledge that he had got his wish.
Ahhh! Don't tell her that! Nooo!

Sue, you better get back here with Part 7 soon! wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Columnist
Columnist
I have tears in my eyes. Seriously. That doesn't happen very often. That last part was just so incredibly heart wrenching.

Hurry back soon!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Columnist
Columnist
yeah I am close to tears now too. I hope you won't let us wait too long for the last part. I can't stand the idea of Lois and Clark in pain. I want them together healthy and happy.

Thank you for another great part. thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
mmm... I was warned to get tissues before I started reading this, so I went and got a brand new box and I'm about to start reading. smile Comments as I go, as usual.

[...] she still hadn't even considered the possibility that there was more to him than just his impressive ability to be annoying.
notworthy notworthy notworthy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I have been loving this story for a long time, and it gets better and better! I haven't posted fdk on this one yet, but I had to with this chapter. It was sooo sweet all the way through and sooo heart wrenching there at the end. I mean logically I know they are going to be okay, since Jonathon and Martha have gone to the hospital to see them, but still.... It's very stressful on the psyche... (I know, sometimes I take fanfic way to seriously blush )

P
Blogger
Blogger
P
Such a great chapter!! It brought me to tears. Can't wait for the last bit of it smile

Columnist
Columnist
I was just looking around the message board when I noticed the 6th part. YAY!! laugh
She had seen him in a towel, in sleeveless t-shirts, and in wet clothes that had clung to every muscular ripple of his body and she still hadn't even considered the possibility that there was more to him than just his impressive ability to be annoying
goofy

oh my god!! I can't believe the end of this part. I can't wait to find out how they're gonna make it to the hospital!! and... finding out what exactly happened to Clark!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ sneeks into the thread and clears throat...>

Told ya you'd need Kleenex!!!

LOVE THIS PART!!!

Um, that's all for now. I'll be back with real fdk later, Sue. <snort>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<sigh> I DID NOT click twice. Honest to freakin goodness I didn't. grumble

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ sneeks into the thread and clears throat...>

LOVE THIS PART!!!

Um, that's all for now. I'll be back with real fdk later, Sue. <snort>

-- DJ

*****EDITED****

NOOOOO! Please don't start this again!!! <drops down to one knee and begs her computer - PLEASE!>

Sorry for cluttering your thread Sue - I promise I only clicked once. <sob>

Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful story! And I'm just glad we already know Loisand Clark will end up in a hospital. Otherwise, the ending of this part would be truly evil. Thanks for sharing!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Features Writer
Features Writer
This is such a wonderful story. And like Olympe said, I'm glad too that we know both end up in the hospital.

I was moved to tears when I read Clarks last words in that part whinging

Babsi, who is waiting for part 7

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
They were going to die and there was nothing he could do to save them.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled to her. She didn't answer and he was glad for it. It was so much less painful to think that she would just drift from this world to the next without having to wake up and be in agony anymore.

"Lois," he murmured, "can you hear me?" His shaky fingers felt for and found a pulse. It was faint, but at least it was there. He pulled her onto his lap, cradling her in his arms despite how much it hurt to do so. Clark kissed her cheek, then her closed eyelids.

"All I ever wanted," he repeated, hoping that she could hear him. "My wife."
This is the most beautiful, yet saddest and most poignant paragraph of an L&C fic I've ever read. Brava, Sue. Brava.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! I worried that people might get upset with me, but you did know from the very first of the story that they were going to end up in bad shape. So it's not like I sprung this on you. <g>
Glad to know Clark can still tease Lois even while their hurt and alone in the desert. I can't imagine Lois submitting to anyone's notions of "wifely duties" but her own.
Heh. But then, you don't know what else was on his list of "wifely duties". wink Maybe he expects that she'll do all the laundry or something? Or maybe he has other, uh, "expectations". Assuming, of course, that they both live through this.
Was it the bullet? Had some trace of whatever had affected him at the mine become trapped inside him when he was shot? Would his powers ever return?
All very good questions... When will they be answered? Or should I read on?
Well, I would love it if you read on. And they will all be answered.
I have tears in my eyes. Seriously. That doesn't happen very often.

yeah I am close to tears now too.

It brought me to tears.

I was moved to tears when I read Clarks last words in that part
I didn't set out to make anyone cry - but I am pleased to hear that people were effected. I worried about milking it too much or making it too angsty or over-the-top. But this part was the other half of the two scenarios that went into this story. DJ's was them married, unexpectedly and with lots of UST but no consummation. Brenda (my mom's friend) wanted a story where Clark was a regular guy and both he and Lois were injured and he had to carry her to save her. Hopefully you can see why I thought they'd be better together.
THAT was her life's ambition? You'd think it would have at least included consummating the marriage....
Sure, that was her life's ambition. <g> But, like the guy in "Bedazzled" she didn't fully think through all the conditions on that wish. Next time she can stipulate "married *and* consummated".
I haven't posted fdk on this one yet, but I had to with this chapter.
Amazing what a little angst can do - it lures you right out of the woodwork. wink
That's one of the things I love about LnC. Clark was the real him and superman was the secret identity.
Yes! That little change in his psyche was what made LnC so compelling to me. It's why the show never quite left me and why the DVDs sent me in search of fanfic. I adore the idea that Clark really is a "normal" guy who can do extraordinary things. It makes him that much more extraordinary in my eyes.
And what will they need for the final part? More Kleenex?
This is the most beautiful, yet saddest and most poignant paragraph of an L&C fic I've ever read. Brava, Sue. Brava.
Oh, Lisa! Thank you! Now you're going to make *me* cry. <sniffle> That was all I wanted - poignant. You just made my day.

Thanks again to everyone who has replied. You guys all rock my world. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
You're stopping there?! Come back!!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my. I'm overwhelmed and did need the Kleenex. Just as I finished this part, the power went out and the computer monitor went black. Just like the ending on the Sopranos!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
OMG, that was painful. Help them soon please!!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh that was so sad. And they never even got to consumate that marrage! Even sadder! What a way to go! More soon. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
I just could not leave for vacation without posting on this part. I even printed out the story at work right before I left because I refused to go a week without seeing what happened.

I have to be quick (I could only manage to get on a dial up connection to leave this!). My absolute favorite line was when Lois tells him that even though he's the only husband she ever had, he would still be her favorite. I thought it was so funny, but in a really cute way.

Also, there have been many stories that have may me sniffle, come close to crying, or just made me pretty dang sad. But, Sue, your words put together to make that scene at the end...I can't even describe it. I was ready to start bawling. Even though I knew they'd be in bad shape and that'd they'd make it to the hospital, this scene was just so heartbreaking. It was like I didn't even know they'd make it out of that desert. My heart was breaking for Clark. whinging For him to think that he is slowly killing her...and then when he told her she didn't have to stay with him any longer...I don't think I've ever read anything so sad! And yet somehow I can't get enough. wink

Well, now I'm going to have to wait awhile to see how this story ends. There are so many questions that need answered. And I just want their suffering to end. Especially Clark's, only because Lois is unconcious so Clark is the one suffering at the moment, and from more than just physical ailments.

Anyway, I have to go. Thank you Sue!!! This story is amazing. I don't think I'll ever get over how well you write. smile

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard