Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#43591 06/16/07 10:48 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Oh. My. Gosh. This had me laughing so hard. I couldn't really laugh loudly though, so it was coming out as more of a wheeze... thumbsup

~Anna.

Edited by admin to correct story part no. in header - LabRat

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#43592 06/17/07 12:06 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Genetic Experiment Number 309! Come here! Heel! Lie down! rotflol

[Linked Image]

"We wish to remove the first few minutes of each episode. Does Mister Rogers *always* begin his program with a strip-tease?!"
[Linked Image]

You mean like this??? eek

"----and it would be inappropriate, nay, downright irresponsible of this council and any self-respecting parent to expose the children of New Krypton to such monstrosities and horrors!"

The second Terrestrial put his hands up in surrender. "Okay! Okay! No Teletubbies. Got it."
[Linked Image]

Horrors, I'll say! Look at the design of that purse!!! eek

May I suggest that the Kryptonians may want to buy one more TV show? It's called "Lois And Clark: The New Adventures of Superman". rotflol

Oh, and... Anna just suggested that this may be Kry-TV 1/2, not 1/1. That's a really good idea, Anna and Mary!

Ann

#43593 06/17/07 12:23 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMGSH....
wow
so, so, so, so, so funny....

clap clap clap
I tried to think of the show that would challenge New-K's society the most, and settled on Lillo and Stitch... NOTE this was inspired by dog=experiment-309
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] some of them are just too cute

but in the end the moral of the story is very similar to superman's...
that is your value and worth as an individual does not come from your origin (ie birth rights), but from your attitudes towards your fellow man
in the continuing series based on the movie, lilo and stitch work hard to find a unique place for each individual experiment... a place where each potential T-Rex/King-Kong/giant lizard out of a Japanese horror film, is taught how to use their uniqueness in a way that helps others....

giving us supermen, and not super-Lex's

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#43594 06/17/07 01:56 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Love the idea - but I'm surprised that they don't regard all of these shows as being documentaties about the human barbarians, and thus essential education to warn their kids off having anything to do with humans.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#43595 06/17/07 05:49 AM
Columnist
Columnist
OMG!
rotflol rotflol rotflol

"We wish to remove the first few minutes of each episode. Does Mister Rogers *always* begin his program with a strip-tease?!"
This is just too funny!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#43596 06/17/07 07:27 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Get the copyright for Star Wars from George Lucas and change everything? Fat chance, dear New Kryptonians!

rotflol Absolutely hilarious!

#43597 06/17/07 08:49 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This was great! I laughed so hard my teenaged daughter walked by my office and gave me one of those "my dad's being weird again" looks. I suggest that the Hollywood types unload some of those old Buck Rogers serials on New Krypton. I'd love to see what they do with those characters!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#43598 06/17/07 09:01 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Whoops! Sorry. blush Did I put the story part as 1/2? Blame the late night and surreptious typing. Thanks LabRat for changing it for me! laugh

By the way, it's the next morning and I'm still laughing at the ideas of this story... lol

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#43599 06/17/07 10:05 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Excellent, as usual. This was soooo funny, I had to laugh again and again. Only...
"----and it would be inappropriate, nay, downright irresponsible of this council and any self-respecting parent to expose the children of New Krypton to such monstrosities and horrors!"

The second Terrestrial put his hands up in surrender. "Okay! Okay! No Teletubbies. Got it."
What's supposed to be funny about this one? The Teletubbies are monstrosities as well as horrors - at least for parents begged to watch them with their children. Believe me, I know.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#43600 06/17/07 10:11 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Excellent, as usual. This was soooo funny, I had to laugh again and again. Only...

What's supposed to be funny about this one? The Teletubbies are monstrosities as well as horrors - at least for parents begged to watch them with their children. Believe me, I know.

#43601 06/17/07 10:06 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Edit: I really only clicked once. Honestly.

#43602 06/17/07 10:05 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Edit: Looks like I'm in with DJ. wave

#43603 06/17/07 11:18 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
That was great! Very creative and it had me laughing all the way through.

#43604 06/17/07 12:03 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
James was supposed to be writing, but then he started snorting and laughing, and I knew he had strayed. (I think his asthma may not survive a reading.) Now I see what he was enjoying so much.

Now, being from New Zealand, I've never seen Mister Rogers. Now I'm dying to!
For all who haven't seen Mr. Roger's Neighborhood--here in the US that seems unthinkable--it is a long-standing educational children's program. IRL, Fred Rogers was a retired-minister--quite harmless, I assure you. He began each episode by walking up to his "house", waving as he walks in the door and changing from his outdoor shoes to his sneakers and from his suitcoat into a sweater. Over the 3 decades it was on the air, TV experts had recommended that he update his fashions and decorations, but Mr. Rogers was convinced that children preferred the expected. His show introduced children to many "neighbors" and showed "how such-and-so is built in a factory", then it took the kids on a trolley ride to the Neighborhood of Make Believe. It has a website at PBSKids.org since it is still on the air on Public Broadcasting. There's also 2 short snippets of broadcaster Katie Couric visiting Mr. Rogers at AOL's video site. Katie Couric\'s Memories It begins and ends with her visiting Mr. Rogers--he sings her his themesong.

Anyway, a very entertaining read.

Elisabeth

#43605 06/17/07 12:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, goodness, where to start...

Elisabeth thought I was suffering some malady while I was reading your story.(I started reading the story first, but I am betting by the time I finish this she will be done and commenting ahead of me.) There were so many snorts, belly laughs, and wheezying laughs, Elisabeth was probably thinking that I would need my inhalor.

My favorite lines.

'Genetic Experiment Number 309'
That one started the laughter.

"And the animal?" the second earth man asked, deadpan. His partner elbowed him in the side.
Snort!

"We propose that some of the dialogue be rewritten to indicate a master-servant relationship between the two couples."
giggle

"We request that the name of the vehicle be changed to 'The Hand of Rao' to reflect this new purpose. We also request that its wheels be painted out, to make it appear less archaic."
Shades of George Lucas

And this one nearly made me lose a lung.

"Regarding the character Wala or 'Daphne'. We noticed that she has been portrayed as a sort of 'weak link' in the group, often being captured and displaying less brains and will than the other characters. Yet, she has red hair!" The other council members nodded while he spoke, frowning seriously. "You must either improve her character, or change her hair color."
The reason this is so funny to me is that my long suffering Muse decided several years ago to rewrite a fanfic that I had sort of finished but was never happy with. (Metro, you know which one I am talking about.) Anyway, two of the 'new' characters introduced was Jela-Nor and Jel-Nor Both of which has amazingly red hair.

Then the Rogers thing and the Barney thing and I have to agree with the Kryptonians about Teletubbies.

Loved this story.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#43606 06/17/07 01:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy Moley Mother Meagan! smile1 This *completely* pays for the lack of sleep I got waiting for YouTube to load! laugh

~•~
#43607 06/17/07 03:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Adorable. It makes you realize just how strange our own culture is<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#43608 06/17/07 05:26 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Okay, I read this story while I was waiting for my brother to get ready so we could leave.

Six hours later, it still has me smiling. The entire thing was full of funny zingers, but this one had me absolutely rolling:
Mr. Roger's "strip-tease" was an integral part of my early years on this particular planet.

Now, being from New Zealand, I've never seen Mister Rogers. Now I'm dying to!
SHOCK! GASP! eek You poor deprived child! Get over to YouTube and start watching some Mr. Roger's right now! You have a lot of time to make up! Mr. Roger's Neighborhood is a staple of American culture since 1968, beloved by children and their parents alike for his soothing, gentle manner. One of Mr. Roger's cardigan sweaters - an essential prop for his "strip-tease" routine - is hanging in the Smithsonian.

While I have to agree with the New Kryptonian's opinions on the Teletubbies and Barney, I'm afraid I'm never going to be able to see Mr. Rogers or Scooby Doo ever the same again. goofy

#43609 06/18/07 04:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
As for New Krypton taking on Star Wars, the idea was inspired by another \'cultural train wreck\'.

jawdrop I don't know if my brain will recover from that....It also goes to prove the old saying of time flying when you are having fun. It was only 5 minutes long but it seemed to go on forever!!!

And This one(Indian Superman 2) is possibly worse, if you can imagine. But at least Spidergirl's(?) sort of fits and looks normal.

wow, YouTube is addicting. It should come with warnings...

James

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#43610 06/18/07 05:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!! rotflol

Queen of Capes... Mary... you really are the queen of comedy, you know that? Your mind is truly fascinating. <g>

Thanks for sharing this delight. I loved Scooby Doo growing up and I died laughing.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard