Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
What a lovely part. I just loved seeing them grow closer together through hard times. Can't wait for more.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
Kerth
I just found the time for FDK. This story is absolutely overwhelming. Great, angsty sort of fic. I'm not the biggest fan of angst, but this sure blew me away.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Features Writer
Features Writer
They listened to the breeze for a few minutes and then Lois said, "Hey, Clark? Those big round cactuses?"

"Cacti," he muttered.
hyper

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
YAY!!! Sue, I was so happy to wake up this morning and see that you posted part 5. And as usual, you didn't disappoint.

This was a very intimate chapter--friends wise. I enjoyed reading how Lois and Clark were there for each other and took care of each other. However, you're such a tease!!!! Half naked, close contact, and NO kissing???!?!?!? Talk about frustration--haha. I can't wait to read the next installment!

Lola

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Columnist
Columnist
Sue, I stayed up until 2 in the morning to catch up on this story. I can't even begin to describe how much I'm enjoying it!

I also have to apologize for just now getting around to reading it! Since school ended for the summer I've been working 7 days a week. And don't get me started on this whole 9-5 business! grumble I'm glad I still have a year of college left because I'm not ready for this! But I digress...

It's been so frustrating for me to watch these two interact with each other. I just want to yell at them to simply talk to each other and be honest with each other! Its all so pointless: Lois getting angry because Clark doesn't react appropriately to her semi-nakedness, and Clark hiding his reactions because he doesn't want to offend Lois. They seem so angry with each other, sniping and making comments at each other. But I suppose the pain will do that to a person.

In the past couple parts I was surprised at how rude Clark was acting. He just seemed so angry with her for insisting on taking him along. And for not being more concerned for her injuries. I suppose the guilt over the whole situation compounded with his injuries would make anyone change. And he probably doesn't have a lot of extra concern to go around since he's in pretty bad shape himself. But I guess I'm just used to his more caring side. (And just as a disclaimer, this in no way means I'm not enjoying this story! You write it so well. And it would be boring if every story was the same. I enjoy reading any and all differing angles of these two! smile )

You made it better with this part though. They actually started to talk a bit. And to lay next to the person you love under a sky like that...I can't even imagine what that would be like. Too bad they're practically bleeding to death and can't fully enjoy the experience. I'm interested to see what happens between them that makes Clark so adamant about calling her his wife. Not that I should be surprised, but I'm still excited to see what happens.

Sue, I cannot wait for the next parts. Unfortunately, I'm leaving for vacation on Tuesday and I'm sure I won't get to see how this all ends for at least another week! There are so many questions that need to be answered! I just hope you post the next part before Monday...although maybe there will be a huge cliffhanger and that would just make it worse...oh I don't care. Bring on the next part! grovel

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue, my dear queen, my apologies for my lack of FDK. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I'm reading this story since the beginning and loving each part, each line of it. drool

It was Clark. It was Clark she was going to lose if she didn't do something to help him. It was Clark who had kissed her last night. It was Clark she hadn't been able to leave behind in the mine.
Awwwwwww...

what if he wasn't wearing anything beneath the Suit?
So much better, Lois.

She let out an exasperated sigh. "Don't you ever get tired of knowing everything?"
LOL!

Does it help that I've been nicer lately? I mean, I wanted to date you.
... I kissed you. I made out with you. drool

She rolled her eyes, hearing the smile in his tone. "Well, he did have a few flaws, but those were mostly due to his inability to commit to me."

His hand reached over and found hers. "He was committed to you, Lois. He just didn't know how to tell you."
/me melts. [Linked Image]

Actually, maybe that was part of the problem. Why couldn't he want to ogle her, just a little?
Yes, just a little. Please, Sue!

Lois closed her eyes and sagged gratefully against the warmth of him, forgetting for a moment that he was shirtless and she was wearing nothing on top but a lacy black bra and one of Superman's pant legs.
Ah, the possibilities...

It's like a spa, only sandier."
LOL. rotflol

He put his arm around her and she laid her cheek against his chest. Clark closed his eyes, tipping his chin to rest against the crown of her head. His fingers smoothed her hair back, absent-mindedly repeating the action over and over, the soft repetition soothing both of them.
/me sighs.

Oh, I want more! I've finally posted FDK. Now you can post next part, Sue. laugh

I promise you, my Queen, I'll be more attentive with FDK. Your stories are great, and I know I've been bad with FDK. Kudos to you for your amazing writing. You're brilliant and talented. I grovel at your feet and beg your forgiveness. I've been bad. Just slap me! I deserve it. [Linked Image]

Could you forgive me, please? Pretty please? grovel

/me looks at Sue with big puppy dog eyes. [Linked Image]

Love ya,
Andreia [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have been going *nuts* for 2 days when I couldn't get into this site to post feedback!!! Finally, it's up. It got unstable once more this aft, so I'll post quickly.
I really enjoyed the interaction between Lois and Clark (hmmm, a familiar ring there) as they try to get out of their predicament. My experience with crises is that you support the partner to get out of the problem and *then* get mad.
That said, I have been OBSESSED, I say OBSESSED, with where they are around Las Vegas. Hubby and I have spent hours on the computer trying to find matching scenes. We have a little extra interest since he was on Mine Search and Rescue and he used to retrieve mob hit bodies out of areas around Vegas. (It's true, I swear!) We have some ideas. I'm going to post this now and come back with pics later or maybe after the next part.
cool
Artemis smile1

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
Thanks guys! I should have part six out far more quickly than this part.
Hope this is because RL is getting better.

That said, I have been OBSESSED, I say OBSESSED, with where they are around Las Vegas. Hubby and I have spent hours on the computer trying to find matching scenes. We have a little extra interest since he was on Mine Search and Rescue and he used to retrieve mob hit bodies out of areas around Vegas.
That sounds like an interest job. On the other hand, I'm so glad it's not MY job.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hah! And you gave us pictures to boot! <g> Sorry it took me so long to get back here and leave you fdk - I had a really busy weekend!

So many people have quoted so many good lines... so forgive me if I don't quote a lot. But I loved the fact that Lois stepped up and was big enough not to torture Clark or be mean to him for keeping the secret... after all, they were both in enough pain as it was.

"Okay," Lois agreed and sat down against one of the large boulders just off the side of the road.

Clark sat down a few feet away and they both shifted uneasily as they tried to find a comfortable position to get some rest.
Here I was thinking - "No, no, Clark! You need to share body warmth!!! You're gonna get cold!"

Sleep was impossible. The air, which had been so hot during the day, was far too cool now that they weren't moving.
See! Told ya! <snerk>

I love how they were still teasing each other even though they were in pain... about the jacket and especially about the cactus - LOL. And I love the accusations and how they proved that they had both been mean to each other. Heh.

Yay! They found water!

*ahem* continuing...

The undressing scene was sweet and using the suit like they did was awesome! Great idea, Sue. <g>

Lois cracked open one eye to peek at him. "So your plan to save us includes spending the day sunbathing?"

"Do you have a better plan?" he teased.

She grinned and shook her head slowly from side to side. "Hey, I'm just here for the pampering. It's like a spa, only sandier."

"Hard to believe people pay good money for this, isn't it?"

He put his arm around her and she laid her cheek against his chest. Clark closed his eyes, tipping his chin to rest against the crown of her head. His fingers smoothed her hair back, absent-mindedly repeating the action over and over, the soft repetition soothing both of them.
Sorry to quote that whole last part, but I just adored it. <g>

Yippee! I can't wait to see part 6 <checks e-mail inbox... clicks again... clicks again... stamps foot impatiently...> laugh

-- DJ

P.S. -- (To EditorJax)

I'm sorry. I won't make any more comparisons or leave FDK if it seems erroneous and stupid.
Oh! Don't think that! I know Sue loves fdk (and people's comments) just as much as the next author... and I know she wasn't implying that your fdk was stupid. It was just a little difficult to see the connection at first, that's all. Don't feel that way! FDK is wonderful!

<shutting up now...>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We have a little extra interest since he was on Mine Search and Rescue and he used to retrieve mob hit bodies out of areas around Vegas.
--------
That sounds like an interest job. On the other hand, I'm so glad it's not MY job.
Not only that it was a *volunteer* job! This was back in the "Rat Pack" days of Las Vegas. Supposedly they've cleaned up their act now!
cool
Artemis

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S

im sorry, (whoever wrote this comment, think it was sue,) but i dont agree. what about his parents, what about his friends, like jimmy and perry. but most of all his parents so he has in actual fact 3 or more things to lose wave sorry had to point it out. cant wait for more
lv sammie xXx

Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't believe I didn't see this chapter! I'm appalled at myself for skipping it over. I think I thought I had already read it and then one day I actually clicked on it and was like "AHHHH A NEW CHAPTER FROM SUE THAT I HAVEN'T READ YET!" So I suppose it was a treat. smile I can't tell you how much I love this story! I'm still a sucker for the hurt/comfort thing they're doing. And the mystery you have going on with the dust is getting curiouser and curiouser. I can't even begin to imagine how you'll sort it out, but I know it'll be brilliant and wonderful. smile Thanks for the post and I'm sorry about the late feedback!

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Kerth
Kerth
Oooo! After a long weekend with that weird Chinese virus and then no 'net access at all, it's really good to be back!
Maybe because a human being invented him?
Somehow, I don't think Shuster and Siegel had any idea that Superman would be reinvented like this. <heh>
I love that this is not a predictable story in the least. It makes it fresh and new and I love it!
Thanks, Joy! I hope you continue to think so. smile
I'm not the biggest fan of angst, but this sure blew me away.
I'm not a huge fan of angst either (I swear!). I'm glad you're reading, Mellie. I promise I won't drag it out much longer.
Clark as a human being with Lois in such a hard situation. I want to read more!
You're in luck - I sent the next part to my betas this morning. Now, like Martha, we just have to wait...
However, you're such a tease!!!! Half naked, close contact, and NO kissing???!?!?!? Talk about frustration--haha.
Heh - but this is a *PG* story. And, even if it weren't, they're far too injured to be very amorous.
I just want to yell at them to simply talk to each other and be honest with each other! Its all so pointless: Lois getting angry because Clark doesn't react appropriately to her semi-nakedness, and Clark hiding his reactions because he doesn't want to offend Lois. They seem so angry with each other, sniping and making comments at each other. But I suppose the pain will do that to a person.
OMG! Are you serious? In my mind they've been a little argumentative, but not full-on fighting! I didn't think they seemed angry! Oh geez! Their sniping at each other was meant to be read more as the usual banter/flirtation that they normally have between them. They're reverting to what they know in order to have some semblance of normality when the rest of their world is so horribly out of control.
Oh, I want more! I've finally posted FDK. Now you can post next part, Sue.
LOL! Yes, I was withholding the next part until Andreia posted. <cackles> I can see the possibilities in that. There are a still a couple of people I usually hear from, maybe I should hold out for them? (I'm NOT that evil!)
That said, I have been OBSESSED, I say OBSESSED, with where they are around Las Vegas.
Heh. I laughed so hard at this. I don't know why, but I did. I like the idea that there's someone else out there who can picture *perfectly* where they are. Loved the pictures! I have others (including some with the spring) but since members of my family are in them, I don't dare post. I was also LOL at your husband's volunteer job. That's so awesome! I had heard stories and they heavily influenced my decision to have Mickey head for the mines. Thanks, Artemis!
im sorry, (whoever wrote this comment, think it was sue,) but i dont agree. what about his parents, what about his friends, like jimmy and perry. but most of all his parents so he has in actual fact 3 or more things to lose
Sure, if you're going to be all literal-minded about it. wink I meant that in a more immediate sense - right now there's just him and Lois. Perry, Jimmy and his parents are not currently dying alongside him, are they?
I'm still a sucker for the hurt/comfort thing they're doing.
So am I. <sigh> In fact, I became so enamored with the idea that I had to split part five because I just kept wallowing in it. blush
I can't even begin to imagine how you'll sort it out
Oh no! I'm supposed to *explain* what happened? You guys aren't going to give me a free pass on Clark mysteriously losing his powers?

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I (hopefully) will have the next part up tomorrow (or even this afternoon, depending).

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm, use photoshop and take your family out of the pictures! More hints for me. We have some other candidate areas in mind. When you tell us where they are, I'll tell you where my pictures are.
cool
Artemis

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kerth
Kerth
How about if I sing a chorus of Somewhere Over the Rainbow? thumbsup

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OMG! I totally missed that you had given me a clue. I got too involved with a nameless couple who are Snowbound.
Thanks! Yes, we know where that is!
cool
Artemis

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard