Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43336 06/09/07 12:35 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay, you haven't abandoned us! laugh

I'm still loving this, Sammy. And oh boy, Lucy found the picture... did she turn it over? Isn't this the picture that's got her and Jimmy together?

I liked the point where L&C weren't embarrassed to be caught making out in public. Their relationship looks so bizarre from the outside laugh

And you know I'm still looking forward to seeing Lois meet Martha. Or vice versa. Think they'll get married before they visit? I can see it now... "Hi, Mom, been a busy few days, and, um, meet your new daughter-in-law!"

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#43337 06/09/07 10:22 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Lucy just stood there for a moment, dumbfounded. Lois was engaged. She had known the man all of two days and now she was engaged
“It’s, uh, very nice,” [Jimmy] stammered, his eyes sliding from her to Clark and back again as he realized exactly what that ring signified.
clap clap clap
Delightful, really puts a new spin on everything.

“Just a minute, honey,” Clark said, heading for the phone. “I have to call mum about my suit...”
So when Superman arrives on the scene I hope they can keep their hands off each other and establish some distance between Superman and Lois.

Patrick

Framework4
#43338 06/09/07 10:28 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great to see you back with this, Sammy!

“Good morning,” he said affectionately, sneaking up behind her.

“Good morning,” she returned the affection, leaning into his embrace.
I just love this, how they are so happy and comfortable together. But of course, they are married! laugh

“It certainly *looks* like the other ring I bought you though.”

Lois bit the bullet. “When *did* you buy it?”

Clark smiled, knowing where her thoughts were headed. “No, Lois, I didn't go out and buy the ring the moment I met you.”

Lois grinned. “It was just a thought.”

“I didn't buy the ring until the morning after I froze you; the morning of the day I proposed.” And the less said about *that* the better.
Right! The less said about his proposal on the show the better!

“It was amazing, honey,” Clark said, staring at the ring in something akin to awe. “This ring sat amongst the others, each one just slightly different to the rest. And yet *this* one seemed to stand out. I just *knew* that it was this ring or nothing. But that was never an option.”
I have to wonder... Is there something mysterious about this ring? Is it actually the same ring as the original one? If so, who brought it to whatever store Clark bought it in? And how come a jewellery store was open that early? And why can't I stop asking so many questions? Questions, questions....

Lois sat at the table and chewed thoughtfully. Clark *was* telepathic, at least with the other Kryptonians. And that breathtaking moment when he'd declared his love just before leaving the stratosphere. Was that more telepathy or something else, something to do with that bond? That connection that let her know he was trying to sneak up behind her without her even having to turn around to look. She absentmindedly put her hand into the bag again and came up empty.
Is their bond telepathic in nature? And did she really eat all those croissants?

Clark winced. “I'm not sure I want to know what else she told you.”

Lois smiled dangerously, her purse closing with a snap, no key in sight. “I believe the exact words were,” she said as she stopped walking, “complicated,” she started the list while taking him firmly by the shoulders, “domineering,” she continued, her eyes narrowing, “uncompromising,” she said, pushing him against the wall, “pig-headed,” she stated, looking him straight in the eyes that by now were almost pure panic. Then her face cleared and the smile shone through. “And brilliant,” she concluded, leaning forward for a passionate kiss.
I love it!!!

Clark let the tension leach out of his body as he met her passion for passion. It wasn't long before the wall was the only thing that was keeping them upright.
Aaaawww!!!

“What are *you* doing here?” Lois asked, clearly annoyed.

“Jimmy told me you were here and I just *had* to see it for myself,” Lucy answered, grinning. She was amazed at the change in her sister. After Claude, Lois had become very reticent when it came to men and if she *were* dating one, she would never flaunt her affections in public let alone the semi-privacy of a hotel corridor. The most interesting part of this unexpected meeting was that neither Lois nor Clark seemed the least embarrassed. Annoyed and disappointed to be interrupted, yes, embarrassed to be caught, no. In fact, even though they had stepped away from each other, their arms were still very much linked, and they looked like they didn't intend to ever let go.
I just love that Clark and Lois are so comfortable and unapologetic about making out! But I don't necessarily love nosey sisters...

“Oh my God!” she squealed, grabbing Lois's hand off Clark so she could get a better look. “Beautiful.”

“Yes she is,” Clark responded even as Lois moved her arm, looking at her watch in dismay.
I totally love it! Lucy is staring at Lois's ring, Clark is contemplating and admiring Lois, and Lois is staring at her watch!

The door to the honeymoon suite beckoned to Lucy from across the hall. It was probably locked but maybe... She stared at the door when it swung open easily. Wow. Lois Lane had left her hotel room door *unlocked*. Lucy's eyes lit with mischief. She was wearing one of Lois's outfits, but the sweater was missing. It must be here.
I don't much like this Lucy. She hasn't stolen enough of Lois's clothes, so she is going to snoop around in Lois and Clark's honeymoon suite. grumble

And Clark had found himself thanking God for having superpowers, so he didn't have to put up with such hassles if he didn't want to, and could he have them back now?
laugh

“What are you talking about, Chief? We've been here for hours,” Clark insisted. He sounded so sincere that Lois found herself wondering whether the world *did* appear to be in slow motion when he didn't have his super-speed. She'd have to ask him about that later. But there were more important things at hand.
Naaah, Lois, he's just a really good liar! laugh

“Come on, Perry, we *have* been here for *one* hour anyway. And you won't *believe* what we've been finding out about Lex Luthor and Antoinette Baines,” Lois responded, unable to keep her excitement from overflowing.

“Great shades of Elvis, Lois, that's two days in a row!” he thundered.

“Yes, I know, but really, Perry, this time it really wasn't our fault, entirely,” she answered, glancing at Clark.
Come on, we have been here for hours, or at least for *one* hour! And it wasn't our fault that we were late, entirely! rotflol

“Well, what were you doing in a hotel on the other side of town?” Perry asked, exasperated.

Lois put her elbows on the table, rested her head in her hands, and looked him square in the eye. Did he really want her to say it aloud? Perry even had the decency to blush.
Oh, Sammy, this is just so funny all the time....

“My office, now,” he grated, turning to stomp into his office, closing the door a little harder than was strictly necessary.

“Oh boy,” Clark muttered.

“He hasn't been fighting with Alice again, has he?” Lois asked Jimmy in trepidation.

“When isn't he fighting with Alice?” he answered flippantly.

She turned to Clark in mute appeal. He squeezed her hand for reassurance.

“Let's go face the dog house,” he said resignedly.
Hey, hey, Perry! Remember that you used to be the guardian angel of young lovers, at least if they were named Lois and Clark.

Delightful chapter, Sammy! I just love the "naughtiness" of Lois and Clark being married at a time when everybody thinks they have known each other for all of two days.

Come back soon with part eight!

Ann

#43339 06/09/07 04:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOOOO!!!!! More BtB goodness!!!! dance

So Perry's gonna demand an explanation now, right? Are they going to tell him anything?

Dangit, I can hardly wait for part 8! ...and 9...and 10...

but mostly 8. Hurry up, please? grovel

~•~
#43340 06/09/07 04:52 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm glad to see this one back, too. I'm sorry it's taken so long to get the next chapter posted. Hopefully we eager fans won't have to wait so long next time. I can't wait to see Lucy looking at the picture and then angrily demanding an explanation from Lois.

But I can't see Clark calling his mother "mum." Americans almost invariably prounounce it with an 'o' instead. But that's a minor niggle. More soon, please!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#43341 06/09/07 05:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great to see a new part of this! Ditto to Pam's comment; I bet everything thinks they've gone crazy. <g> <g>

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#43342 06/09/07 10:33 PM
Columnist
Columnist
ooh yay part 7!!
It's so funny acctually that they've only just met, and they're already so comfortable with each other goofy
<Sometimes I could swear that man is telepathic.>
he does always seems to know what she wants! aawww!!!!
“Don’t you guys have a room to do that in?” a familiar voice asked, clearly amused.
and I thought that only H.G Wells and Jimmy were good at interrupting, but Lucy seems to be good at it too!
Annoyed and disappointed to be interrupted, yes, embarrassed to be caught, no.
well, they do know each other about 4 years wink Everybody just things they've lost their mind!! really funny
Oh my God!” she squealed, grabbing Lois’s hand off Clark so she could get a better look. “Beautiful.”
Clark has good taste!!
“Nice ring. New?”

“Very new,” Lois smiled, holding her hand out for him to see. “Like it?”
LOL he didin't immediately see it was an engagement ring!??
My office, now,” he grated, turning to stomp into his office, closing the door a little harder than was strictly necessary.
ooh Loved this! Perry must be thinking that they've gone crazy!! goofy If he only knew!!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#43343 06/10/07 04:30 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Love it! I can't wait for the next parts!

#43344 06/14/07 03:10 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'd like to thank everyone for leaving such motivational comments. And I guess I should thank you for welcoming me back, even though I don't remember going anywhere. blush I'm sorry I took so long to post the last part. Real life decided to get real on me.

PJ: Abandon you??? Never!!! Just had to give my muse a good talking to about the care and feeding of various plot bunnies. This past month they've all been screaming for attention.

Yes, Lucy did turn the picture over and did find herself looking all snuggly with Jimmy. And... see part eight. thumbsup

Camy: LOL he didn't immediately see it was an engagement ring!?? Hey, give the guy a break. He's been up all night pulling together all this research for them while they've been sleeping... I think I'd be about ready to drop by that stage considering the activities of the day before. laugh

AnnieJ: I can't wait for the next part either.

Thank you all for making my posting efforts so rewarding!!! clap clap

Sammy notworthy

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard