Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43261 06/05/07 11:11 AM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Sheila this is a wonderful start so far!

He couldn't let Lois see his tears so when she called to him he just kept walking picking up the pace even.

"Clark..."
That line... I could really picture the whole scene. It was so sad! Clark will get his powers back, right? Oh poor Clark. I don't want him to leave Lois! I'm sure he doesn't want to either. And poor Lois even, to have all of that sprung on you... Anyway, this is a really interesting start. I can't wait to see where you take it from here.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#43262 06/05/07 11:21 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
whinging

<snif> This had better turn out happy--Or I'm this sad for nothing.

Wonderfully written--I like the little house - although I find it hard thinking of Clark anywhere other than Metroplis for the long term.

grovel more soon please--I hate being depressed! grovel

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#43263 06/05/07 06:58 PM
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
I love this story so far, but I have to say that Clark has no one to blame but himself. How on earth is Lois supposed to make the right decision, to reject Lex, with such incomplete information? Why on earth couldn't he have at least told her that Luthor tried to kill Superman; that would certainly have got her attention. As it is, she's operating with insufficient information, information which her best friend has, and could give to her in some form, and which he's deliberately withholding in his misery.

Grrr! This time period of season one always gets my goat for just this reason (I mean because of what is essentially Clark's lie of omission).

However, you are off to a great start and I can't wait to read more. It's a very engaging premise. Please update as soon as you can.

#43264 06/06/07 04:06 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh, yummy...feedback. Thank you guys!

I don't want him to leave Lois! I'm sure he doesn't want to either.
Laura, you're right. Stay tuned!

I find it hard thinking of Clark anywhere other than Metroplis for the long term.
Oooh, Merv ...okay I won't go there just yet but you would be surprised how well things can turn out outside of Metropolis. wink

Why on earth couldn't he have at least told her that Luthor tried to kill Superman; that would certainly have got her attention.

Oh, Betty ...but, then he would have had to tell her {essentially} that he is Superman. And not yet until she says that she loves Clark!
I've finished the story...just tweaking some things so part two will be up soon!

Thanks guys!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#43265 06/17/07 10:47 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Decided to spend a lazy Sunday reading fanfic and wandered upon yours. What a sad, sweet story you write!

You said that the character's names were from family, friends and your daughter's imaginary friends. So does that mean that you're friends with Dean Cain? Or is he one of your daughter's imaginary friends? wink

Elisabeth

#43266 08/03/07 04:44 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! Oh, Elisabeth...I wish I were friends with Dean Cain! But the other names that you don't recognize are from my family and my daughter's imaginary friends.

Thank you for the laugh. I was just roaming through to make sure that I didn't miss someone's comment and there you were. You made my day!

Thanks again, Elisabeth.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard