Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I truly loved the way you - finally - solved the mystery surrounding Lily's death and Clark's trouble with the nice Mrs. Donovan.

And the interaction between your major characters (Lois, Clark and Becca) is truly magnificient. You write this little girl so well that I'm hard-pressed to believe that you don't have any children around.

As much as I loved the ending, I'd say it's still open. Fine with me (because I happen to know how glad you are to be done with this story), but I bet there are loads of people who'll be clamoring for just another sequel.

Anyway, this was truly great writing. notworthy notworthy notworthy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Great finish. The emotion was so palpable.

As far as sequels, maybe a short one on the resolution of the Mrs. Donovan situation and a proposal. It's pretty much wrapped up.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I vote for an epilogue. But I loved how you wrapped up the mystery of Mrs. Donovan. This was truly a great story and I couldn't wait for another part. clap clap

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, really liked this conclusion. Now we finally know why Mrs. Donovan did everything in her might to ruin things for Clark and Becca.

Your description of that night when Lily died was truly harrowing. You painted a gripping portrait of a young Clark Kent who had not yet learnt to be cold and calculating in his pursuit of doing the maximum amount of good. He should have turned down the woman who asked him to walk her home - but oh, it's so easy to sympathize with him for not doing it. And he should have stayed so much cooler at the horrible accident scene - but who can blame him for failing?

Clark has had to be strong all the time after this horrible tragedy, for Becca's sake, but he really needs someone to hug and comfort him. I hope and think that Clark, Lois and Becca will be a happy family.

That's a great ending, Barbara!

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks so much guys. It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun to write about Becca. And I'm glad that you think I've been successful at portraying her even though there are no children around me. Or not so many for that matter.

Like Mellie said, I'm glad it's over now. As for the sequel, I kind of promised Ann a sequel and eventually there will be one. I won't promise anything though.

Thanks for reading!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
Columnist
Oh how sad, that it is the end. Loved this story and Becca really much. Thank you bakasi.

Hope to read new stuff soon and I really would appreciate a sequel for Becca.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you for this sweet story. I loved it very much. smile1

Good work. clap

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, you know what they say... Better late than never...

“Well, the truck did explode and the young police officer died. The investigators concluded that he managed to throw me down to the ground as the explosion hit us and that his covering my body saved my life.”
A very brave policeman... But poor Clark. How this must have upset him!

“Margaret Donovan was his aunt and she loved her nephew with all her heart. She worked for Child Services back then. In her eyes I had been irresponsible, not worthy to raise a child. She liked to consider it my fault that Lily ran away in the first place. My parents and a few other people spoke up for me and confirmed that it was all just a tragic accident and that Lily had wanted Becca to grow up with me. She read the official report over and over again, hoping she would find something to use against me. But there was nothing. Truth be told, I might have been responsible for her nephew’s death. But more people would have died, hadn’t I knocked out those policemen. Their lying motionlessly on the ground saved their lives,” he gave Lois a rueful glance.
This is so like humans - wanting to put blame where none existed. But yet Margaret Donavan and the Margaret Donavan’s of the world continue being irrational.

heir lying motionlessly on the ground saved their lives,
Yeah for Clark!

This was a wonderful story, Barbara! I'm glad there will eventually be a sequel, too, because Becca is just too cute.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story! hyper

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard