Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42974 05/24/07 03:39 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Mmmm. And you start right off with that word "always" again. This whole story is just one long promise between them.

It was nice that, once she'd had some time to adjust, Lois realized that she had hurt Clark every bit as much. And he's too nice back to her - she freakin' devastated him in the park that day! But this, this line just devastated me:
“I couldn’t tell you, then, Lois. I needed to know that you would choose the ordinary guy hiding under the Suit. And… you didn’t… You were after a fantasy. He’s not really me, it’s just… something I can do. And I couldn’t stand the idea that you would have force yourself into accepting someone you barely even tolerated, for the sake of living out that fantasy.”
I think that is the best explanation ever for why he never told her. It wasn't just that he wanted her to love him for him. He thought she barely even tolerated him as Clark. Why have her in love with the "superhero" if the real him was so distasteful to her? Good stuff, Lara.

I also loved her telling him to "be careful" as he was leaving to help. It is a conditioned response and it was very telling that she was thinking of him as Clark in that moment even if he was in the Suit. Loved, too, that he doesn't give her a weird look or roll his eyes. He just tells her, "I will."
She came to sit closer to him and stroked his arm gently. She knew it couldn’t possibly be enough to soothe him
On the contrary, Lois, I think it soothes him immensely. I like to think that Lois is his balm, the one person who can counteract all the horrible things he sees.
“Oh, absolutely,” she said, trying to sound assured even though she was suddenly shaking like a leaf inside.
She's just promised him "always", although she didn't use those exact words. I'd be shaking too.

hail hail hail

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#42975 05/24/07 05:40 AM
Columnist
Columnist
As Clark begged her forgiveness once more, it occurred to Lois that she had hurt him as well over the last year. She had hurt him more than once.
What a great part! I just love that Lois realised all that.
“Are you OK?” he asked. It was his turn to look concerned, now. Avalanche or not, if Lois wasn’t all right, he wasn’t going to leave her. He’d gotten his priorities wrong long enough as it was. She was far too important to him to keep playing second fiddle to the rest of the known universe. He wasn’t going to be relegating her to second place any longer.
aaaw so sweet of him!! he woudn't leave if Lois isn't OK.

ooh I love how you wrote Lois realising why Superman was always there for her and that he edited her copy goofy ! Wonderfull
Olso how Clark could now tell Lois everything! ooow!
Immediately he felt himself being pulled in for a hug. He made no attempt at resisting, letting out a long shuddered breath as he felt her arms closing in around his neck. He hugged her back tightly, closing his eyes and letting his chin rest on her shoulder.
so sweet! Perfect way to raise his spirits, Lois wink

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#42976 05/24/07 08:56 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved this part! smile

As much as he wanted to – needed to – talk about everything that had happened, Clark found he just couldn’t. The words wouldn’t come out, the images stayed stuck in his head, unable as he was to describe them and put the feelings into words. He resorted to closing his eyes and shaking his head dejectedly. The book he was holding slid down to the floor.
Aww... Poor Clark! mecry I've always loved how devastated he is after rescues where he couldn't save everyone - it shows how human he is. And I love it when Lois comforts him. *sigh*

Seeing her move her hand about a little impatiently as if to convince him to take it, he decided to give in and find out what this was for. He got up to his feet and looked at her, still just as puzzled. Immediately he felt himself being pulled in for a hug. He made no attempt at resisting, letting out a long shuddered breath as he felt her arms closing in around his neck. He hugged her back tightly, closing his eyes and letting his chin rest on her shoulder.
Hugs! [Linked Image] *sigh* I love hugs. Good to know they help Superman as much as the rest of us. laugh

Just...great part. Adored it. More soon, please? smile

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#42977 05/24/07 02:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww!! You all really make my day, you know?

Thank you!!!

Part 5 is coming up in the morning. ..stay tuned!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard