Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
/me sighs with relief

Boy, much as I loved that story, I'm glad the time of worry for Lois' wellbeing is over! clap clap

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just went through the whole story. Loved it!!

Kicked myself for not having seen the haircut coming, though. *lol*

This was dark, but fun, and angsty and sweet all at the same time. smile I really enjoyed the read!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
I think I can easily compare your story with a rollercoaster: Fast, thrilling, amazing and full of twists and turns. wink Great work!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is one of those days, or possibly weeks, when I'll have absolutely no time for any sort of fancy feedback. So I'll just say: Yay! Great story. I'm glad Clark was able to escape on his own. (Can't let Lois do all the heroics, can we? wink )

I loved that Lois wore two bulletproof vests, and that the thugs only found one of them. I'm glad that Perry and Jimmy were not able to shoot at her. It was amazing when Henderson fired, and Lois seemed to die. It was incredibly cool when Lois was just so happy to see Clark that she didn't remember her own injuries at all, until she suddenly fainted in Clark's arms! Wow, what a heroine!

I'm glad that Lois knew enough about martial arts to protect herself somewhat from Tiger Bennett's horrible punches, though I'm still not convinced that she didn't lay the foundations for an early onset of Alzheimers by agreeing to take part in this match.

I'm glad she talked so cooly about Clark's secret identity and the fact that he lied to her about it. I'm glad that she didn't forgive him straight away, but that she will do it eventually, and probably pretty soon.

All in all, this is a great story, Tank!

Ann

K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Well done Tank! Clark came into his own, more or less, and Lois saved the day. Excellent chapter and finale! thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice story ending. I enjoyed it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm glad Clark was able to save himself. smile And that Lois was smart enough to trick the Prankster. Great story. It showed them both acting as heroes. laugh

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I echo the previous posters, Tank. Excellent story. Very tense up to the very end, which was what you were going for. I'm glad Lois isn't furious with Clark, but the fact that she figured it out by herself will make up for most of his prevarication.

Now all we need is an epilogue where Lois interviews Kyle Griffin in prison for the cameras and taunts him by being totally business-like with her questions while Clark paces behind her flexing his hands like he wants to rip the Prankster's head off.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh! I just knew Lois would have some sort of trick up her sleeve! I kinda wanted to think it would have something to do with squibs like in the movies... but this was good.

I LOL'd at the fact that she wore a t-shirt with a bullseye on it. <snort>

And it was nice that Clark was able to extricate himself by himself... but then, only getting there in time to see Lois get shot. Poor Clark! I could feel his heart ripping from his chest when he saw it. He was pushing everyone out of his way to get to her. Poor baby. Ahhh, but then she was okay.

It was so cute how self-conscious Lois still was about her hair - trying to smooth the unruly chopped locks while she was talking to Superman/Clark. smile

And so sweet when she asks where things are going to go from here and he tells her wherever she wants. <waffy sigh>

Awwww, this was so good, Tank. I really enjoyed it! Thanks so much for posting it.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to all the gentle readers who gave this story a read. Your comments were most appreciated.

Tank (who can now slip back into his normal anonymity)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Geez, for days I have beenw aiting for you to post the final part of this story and then today I realized that you already did and quite a while ago too. I can't believe how I could have missed it!!

Tank,
First of, thank you for saving Lois! I know you couldn't really have killed her anyway but things looked dire. Second, thanks for not killing Superman, and Jimmy. wink

I loved Lois's outfit for the execution and expected her to wear another vest underneath that interesting shirt. thumbsup

Great job at letting Clark find away to save himself! It was kind of cute that aftre everything he was relieved he didn't kill his jailor.

Wonderful story, I just hope you are not going to retire again! :p

Natascha

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Excellent story, Tank.

I didn't read it at first after I saw the kind of suspense it entailed, and then I missed the last part until this morning when I saw the feedback folder.

I figured you were going to throw a Lois-haircut into it somewhere <g> and yay for Henderson and the bullet proof vest. I figured you weren't going to kill Lois, but I wasn't sure how you were going to save her unless Clark arrived in time.

I'm with Natascha. Forget this retirement stuff.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Just caught this as it was posted to the archives. I must admit that I haven't watched more than bits and pieces of the Pranksters episodes. They're too gruesome. You did a good job of encompassing the Prankster's yucky personality without going over the edge into ickyville. A nice suspense story from an old pro.

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
I read this on the archives as well and was enthralled with it from the first paragraph. Tank, I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what Kyle would have Lois do and how you were going to get her out of trouble in the end.

Excellent storyline, very original

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard