Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Time is counting down and Superman hasn't been found yet... eek

Please tell me that the 'rig' Lois and Henderson was talking about was something to do with a bulletproof vest? And that she's going to then secretly leave town and start a new life somewhere else with a new identity?

Not that I want something like that to happen, but it'd be better than Lois dying...

I really liked the scene where Lois talked to Griffin at the prison - it felt real...accurate. The characters were true to form. Now you just need to post Part 5 ASAP so that my mind will stop racing through all the possibilities... grovel Please?

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just caught up with the last two parts. Prince of Creepiness, thou art! Planning one's own execution?! Actually it reminds me of the movie Mickey Blue Eyes where the characters wore bullet-proof vests and squeezed triggers to make it look like they bled when the gangsters shot them...Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next part.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
"But wouldn't you be worried that the authorities will add to your prison term?"

Griffin chuckled. "My dear, Lois, I tried to kidnap the President of the United States. Do you have any idea how long my sentence is?"
Hmm, The L&C universe is so much nicer than the one I live in. In my universe someone in the system would arrange to make his life so painful......

Framework4
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Prepare for the Tank ending! evil

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
Top Banana
Top Banana
But Lois has already had her haircut :rolleyes: (but Jimmy's still alive.) devil

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Tank, I absolutely love your heroic, smart, brave, resourceful, determined, loyal Lois. What a heroine she is!

I loved seeing her sneak out of her apartment without being noticed, and calling Henderson at his home. I loved her talk with Griffin - though Griffin himself certainly horrified me - and her ability to persuade Griffin to allow her to go public with the information that Superman was being held hostage and to allow her to replace Clark with Henderson on the firing squad. I loved how Lois is apparently coming up with a plan to survive the firing squad. More than anything, I think I loved this:

Perry shook his head vehemently. "Now, Lois, you can't go there. You can't measure your worth against Superman."

"Why can't I? Believe me, I have a very high opinion of myself and the good that I do as an investigative reporter. I'm proud of what I've been able to accomplish in the few years I've worked here. But do the math, Chief, it's not exactly close."
What I love best of all about this quote is that you, Tank, just possibly consider Lois as much of a hero as Superman... and I love you for thinking so! sloppy

But I was extremely horrified at this:

"Have you seen the latest phone in polls that LNN is touting? Ninety-eight per cent of the good citizens of Metropolis are for allowing the execution to take place tomorrow."
Ninety-eight per cent!!! eek

I can certainly understand that ninety-eight per cent of the citizens of Metropolis would rather save Superman than Lois. But the idea that ninety-eight per cent of the Metropolitans would be in favor of a (public) execution of Lois Lane in order to save Superman... now that makes my skin crawl.

Well, Tank, I'm so eager to see the resolution of this! (But if you end it all with a Tank ending, where Lois dies - or where Superman dies, for that matter - then I'll... I'll... I'll post no feedback on the last chapter!!! How's that for a threat? wildguy )

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'm on the edge of my seat! I hope this has a happy ending, but I'm not so sure. *fingers crossed*

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, here's the deal.

I'm getting ready to head out of town for the weekend. I'm going to hit a small comic book convention in Des Moines.

When I get back on Sunday I will post the final part. There will be no 'Tank Ending' (of course one could say that any ending Tank writes would be a Tank Ending). What you read will be what happens. There will be no cliff hanger (mostly because I couldn't make the final big scene come at the end of an instalment). I know this will dilute the excitement of anticipation for some of the gentle readers but I never intended this story to be this long in the first place.

So, there you have it. Come Sunday evening, the 'big' finish to this story will be posted. As to whether Lois and/or Clark will live happily ever after? That remains to be seen.

Will Lois' last ditch plan work?
Will Superman be found?
Will Lois be forced to make the heroic sacrifice?
Will Griffin keep his word if she does?
Does anyone actually care?

All these questions, and more will be answered on Sunday evening.

Have fun!

Tank (who has always thought that Lois was the more heroic of the pair, after all she consistantly puts herself 'on the line' to expose the bad guys without the advantage of super powers to protect her)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Have fun!
dizzy Have fun??? While we sit around all weekend long dithering over what's going to happen? Some fun, sheesh! <g>

Nicely done, Tank. Can't wait to see it all come down. I'm wondering how Clark's doing. We didn't get to see any of him in this chapter. He had been working on strengthening himself to some purpose - whether that was escape or a fight, I don't know.

Poor Perry and Jimmy. Perry didn't become an editor because he can yodel, though, surely he expects something...

I'll be waiting eagerly for the final part!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
HAVE FUN?!?! HAVE FUN?!?!?! WHO ARE YOU KIDDING! we get to sit here as the person above me said and wait for you to get back from wherever you said for a WHOLE WEEKEND!! you are evil tank and not in just your stories! how can you not do a tank ending! a tank story with no tank ending! what is the world soming too. im sat here on the edge of my seat where i shall be till u post the ending lol. i am not moving from this spot till it is posted! yes that means i shall not go to sleep or eat anything! so my death is on your hands tank! death from lack of water, sleep and food! nah only jokin i gotta go out tomorrow anyway. love the way the story is going! cant wait for the ending! thud

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard