Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooooooh! Tank! I can't wait to see how you pull this one off. I can't believe Henderson would just stand idly by and allow this to happen. "Suicide's against the law where I come from..." <snort - bad quote from an old movie, sorry> I would think he would arrest Lois and put her in jail rather than risk her execution - no matter how much she protested.

But... I like this angsty story, so I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and just go along for the ride. <g>

Oh, I hope Clark is able to save her - rather than her saving herself, at least that would give the poor guy some dignity. Martha and Jonathan really should motor their butts up to Metropolis. I can't see them sitting idly by in Kansas while all this is going on. They were always popping up for unannounced visits <g>

Exciting chapter Tank! I'll be here waiting for the next one. <g>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm, your story reminds me a little of something I read in the British newspaper The Guardian recently. The newspaper reported that a man taking part in a survival course in the United States had died. Well, that was not the interesting part, of course. The man had died of dehydration and the guide that was with him had refused to give him any water (because that would be cheating, you know - the participants had to find their own water as they went along). But the really interesting thing was that the guide who had refused to give the dying man any water was apparently not going to be prosecuted. The man who died had signed a waiver saying that no one but himself would be held responsible if anything happened to him during this survival course.

Similarly, in this story, the Prankster is making Lois take part in a most horrible, gruelling "survival course". And if she dies, no one but Lois Lane herself will be responsible. Hey, she is doing this voluntarily, isn't she? So what if it is obvious that there is some degree of force or blackmail involved. As long as Lois won't file a complaint, the Prankster can tell the entire world that he is ordering Lois to organise her own execution or suffer the consequences. And if she dies, no one but Lois herself will be responsible.

Well, you are sure giving Lois the opportunity to be amazingly heroic here! Of course we all want to see her defeat the Prankster and save Clark. And it was heartening to see that Clark wasn't quite as absolutely helpless as he pretended to be. Let's hope that Lois and Clark can defeat the Prankster together!

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
This one's going down to the wire, isn't it? And we won't really know how it ends until it actually ends.

Lois? Just think "kevlar" and maybe you'll be okay. But then, maybe the Prankster's bullets are only filled with red paint and won't penetrate but will hurt like the dickens. Knowing Kyle's penchant for cruel irony, he might just do something like that.

But you've given us no guarantees, Tank. And you shouldn't. This is a fun ride, and I can hardly wait to get to the end.

And I'm glad your computer problems are fixed (at least for the moment).

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank, you sure do know how to keep an audience at the edge of their seats! I can't wait to read what you have in store for Lois next.

Laura.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great part, Tank!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to those still hanging in with this.

Sorry for the delays, but it's time to get the next part up.

Tank (who figures that he can then post the last part after he comes back on Sunday... or not)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard