Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Remember When it Rained TOC located here .

Yay! New chapter!

Her heart jumped in her chest at the sight of Clark, before she noticed that he was with Diana Harwood. The young blonde was beaming at him, her chair pulled as close as it could get to his while they worked on a story.
*grumbles stupid girl.*

Dougal’s smile wavered. For some reason, this morning Lois Lane seemed immune to his natural charms.
Good! She recognized you as slime. Dougal and Diana should get together... lol

The poor naïve farm boy was going to get himself roped into doing something that she’d–um, he’d regret.
rotflol Sure Lois. Just keep telling yourself that!

“But I do know that in the past month or so I’ve seen a real willingness in you to make positive, life altering decisions where before you were too scared. Perhaps forgiving this man might fall into that category.”
I hope so too!

And I also hope Dr. Friskin doesn't figure anything about Superman out! Lois wasn't being too secretive. Though I suppose being on the outside and looking in would make it obvious to us and still completely clueless for Dr. Friskin... anyway, wonderful chapter, I really like the story. Now I must go get ready to go see Spider-man 3. laugh So I'll have to cut this short.

Can't wait for the next post!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois should forgive Clark and get over it. Everyone makes bad decisions and this was one of his...when he hesitated to tell Lois about Superman.

Maybe Dr. Frisken will point Lois in the right direction...towards Clark!

I don't exactly like Dougal or Di, by the way.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh! Feedback already! Yay! smile1 I know it's early on, but I couldn't resist replying to a few of the things you guys had said...

And I also hope Dr. Friskin doesn't figure anything about Superman out! Lois wasn't being too secretive. Though I suppose being on the outside and looking in would make it obvious to us and still completely clueless for Dr. Friskin...
Yes, I agree. Being on the outside looking in does make it obvious to us. But I'm sure Dr. Friskin must get a lot of people who have - or know someone who has - a Superman complex. After all, there's clearly an entire complex named after him...it must affect more than one person! wink

Lois should forgive Clark and get over it.
Oh, she will eventually. Haven't you ever heard the saying: 'Good things take time'? cool

I don't exactly like Dougal or Di, by the way.
Well...that's good. Because you're not meant to like them! laugh One serves as a catalyst and the other...well, I'll let you figure that one out for yourselves! goofy

Thanks for the feedback so far, guys! I love knowing what you think, especially your reaction to certain sentences. smile I look forward to more feedback...?

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
when something ... caught her attention ... Her instincts told her that something was wrong in this situation.... Something wasn’t right here…
So She and Clark will get back together on the story since her new "partner" is going to be one of the bad guys.

Interesting. Delightful story thus far.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
The truth was that she wouldn't tell a soul even if his parents didn't exist. She just wanted him to feel a little of the pain she felt. Because while her anger appeared to be dissipating, the hurt still remained. For some reason she seemed to be feeling more…more…. More what? Lois shook her head as she pulled on a shoe. Well, just more than she'd felt before. But what on earth did that mean?
Love it. Lois feels more hurt than anger, because Clark makes her feel... more... than she has felt before. Perfect.

Clark just meant…more. More than Claude, more than any other man had ever meant before.
Yes, that's it, Lois. You love Clark so much more than you have ever loved a man before... in fact, Clark is the only man you've ever loved.

“Did you get a chance to go over those dates of supposed Cost Mart shipments last night?”

“Yes, I-”

“Well? Did any of them match up with our other information regarding Intergang?”

Dougal's smile wavered. For some reason, this morning Lois Lane seemed immune to his natural charms. “Not really. That's why I'd like to talk to you about-”

“They didn't?” Lois pulled a face. “How can that be? I was so sure…”
This doesn't sound good. And what reason do we have to believe that Dougal did a good job checking it out? And how can we even know that he isn't deliberately hiding the truth from her?

“Sometimes these things just don't work out, Lois,” Dougal said soothingly, placing his hand on her shoulder in what Lois was sure was supposed to be a reassuring manner. “Sometimes you just need to give up and move on to something else.”
No!!! Dougal wants her to give up on her investigation!

She was about to inform him that Lois Lane did not give up, when something – later, she wouldn't be able to say quite what it was – caught her attention about her partner and stopped her. Her instincts told her that something was wrong in this situation. That "something' was either the words being said, or the actions, or simply the person. She glanced at Dougal: what was it that had made her wary enough to bite back her retort? That was something else that Lois Lane didn't do. Not usually, anyway. Something wasn't right here…
Good that Lois begins to suspect that Dougal has a hidden agenda.

“-and then the mayor's assistant said that she'd left the office at eight fifteen, right? So I checked the mayor's statements and he said she left no later than six thirty. There's a whole hour and a three quarters difference! So I asked around, and those sources who watch city hall closely report that the mayor's assistant did in fact leave at around six thirty, and, I quote, "She looked fine'.”
But Diana seems to be taking her and Clark's investigation seriously.

“-and then the mayor's assistant said that she'd left the office at eight fifteen, right? So I checked the mayor's statements and he said she left no later than six thirty. There's a whole hour and a three quarters difference! So I asked around, and those sources who watch city hall closely report that the mayor's assistant did in fact leave at around six thirty, and, I quote, "She looked fine'.”
But considering the way she's coming on to Clark, I don't exactly have to like her!

Clark stifled a loud sigh: in spite of everything, he'd still rather go with Lois Lane.
Good. Clark still wants to go with Lois, even if she is angry at him.

That settled it. He had to say no to Diana. He had to stop her flirting – because that's what it obviously was; even he, the naïve farm boy, could see that – and let her down easily. She was young: she'd bounce back quickly. Maybe he could even set her up with Jimmy at some later date.
You've got to love Clark here. He is so considerate.

"You just have to say, "Diana, I'm sorry; I can't go with you to the Kerths. It wouldn't be right.' It's easy, you can do it,' Clark told himself. But the words that came out of his mouth did not seem to match those swirling round inside his head. “Uh, do you mind if I think about it and get back to you, Di?” Instantly he berated himself for this response, but nevertheless he couldn't seem to get his mouth to form the right words: the harder words. Because he didn't want to hurt Diana, but it would be inevitable, eventually. He couldn't lead her on – but he was! Clark pictured himself pounding his head against a brick wall in penance for his stupidity. Done mentally it didn't hurt him either; he supposed wryly that that meant the Man of Steel had a steel brain as well.
I feel sorry for Clark. I don't like his behaviour, but I can't be angry at him. He is such a nice guy that he can't bring himself to say outright to the hopeful young woman that there can be nothing between them. Sooner or later he will have to tell her, and putting it off won't make it easier to finally say it. In fact, it will make it worse. But that's what it's like to be unable to shatter a young woman's hopes.

And this might be the reason why he didn't tell Lois about himself. He wanted to, but he feared making her angry and disappointed at him for lying to her. And the longer he put off telling her, the worse it got.

Attempting to collect herself, Lois counted to ten under her breath and then glanced up, directly into the deep brown eyes of the man she'd been trying so hard to avoid. Her heartbeat seemed to quicken again and she found her breathing hard to control. She had to get away from him; he was dangerous, even now, even when she was mad at him. He was chocolate and she was the dieter. But those eyes – a careful balance between an intense untapped passion and Clark's own extraordinary tenderness and compassion…
I love how you've written this! It's just adorably sweet. Oh, how she loves him!

“I understand why she's mad, Mom. What I don't understand is why she's asked Perry to partner her with Dougal instead of with me! I mean, surely the entire situation would be easier on both of us if we just talked it over? Right?”

“Uh, Clark…”

“I mean, talking about a difficult situation helps to work out the problems and to solve them! Talking soothes hurt feelings. If I don't get to talk to her, how am I ever going to convince her that I'm sorry and get her to see that I had to keep this,” gesturing at the Superman suit, “from her? And Lois likes to talk: she likes to babble. I love that about her. So why won't she talk to me now? I want to talk: she doesn't want to talk. Doesn't that seem like a complete paradox to you? I-”

“Clark Jerome Kent! Stop!” Martha Kent stood in front of her son, her eyes behind their glasses firm. “You're babbling just as much as Lois does. Now calm down, take a deep breath and stop pacing! You're making me dizzy.”
I love his babbling! thumbsup

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Yay!!! Part 2

Such a great continuation.

Meanwhile, Clark was debating the situation internally. Taking Diana to the Kerths would certainly make Lois jealous; Clark wasn’t sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing. On the other hand, did he really want to go with Diana? Would he enjoy himself with her? He’d have a better time with Lois it was true, but that was simply because she was Lois and he loved her. However, in her present state of mind and with all the anger she was directing towards him, realistically it wouldn’t be the same; she’d probably spend the entire night yelling at him for lying to her, if he could even get her to go with him in the first place. Clark stifled a loud sigh: in spite of everything, he’d still rather go with Lois Lane.
Oke I realise that I'm quoting a whole paragraph here, but I just love this part. How Clark is thinking, even with Lois mad, he still rather go witn her to the Kerths, oow so sweet!

And liked how you put Dr. Friskin in to the story, she was good at realising Lois she loved Clark in the show. I just hope she will do her job just as well now!

It's nice waking up this mornig and reading this story, I can't wait 'till part 3!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! More feedback! smile1

Love it. Lois feels more hurt than anger, because Clark makes her feel... more... than she has felt before. Perfect.
Well, thank you, Ann! laugh I do try. evil

I feel sorry for Clark. I don't like his behaviour, but I can't be angry at him. He is such a nice guy that he can't bring himself to say outright to the hopeful young woman that there can be nothing between them. Sooner or later he will have to tell her, and putting it off won't make it easier to finally say it. In fact, it will make it worse. But that's what it's like to be unable to shatter a young woman's hopes.
You think he'd have learned his lesson. Didn't the same thing happen with M-Ma- Oh, what was her name again? laugh

I love his babbling!
Thank you. I like writing his babbling. It makes a change from writing Lois'. laugh

But this is where I think he is totally wrong. He didn't 'have to' keep his secret from her. Yes, he really had to do it in the beginning, when he had no reason to trust her. But later, when he could see that she was trustworthy, he didn't 'have to' lie to her. And if he ever thinks that he 'had to' propose to her without telling her the full truth about himself, he is deluding and justifying himself so badly that I want to kick him with a Kryptonite boot.
I think you're on to something there... *goes to look for a Kryptonite boot in her wardrobe*

Nah, just kidding. But you're right about him not 'having' to keep his secret from her. Clark's stupid. But perhaps his stupidity might dissipate?

Lois seems to be suggesting that she doesn't like Superman.
Oh no. She likes Superman all right. She's just been hurt by him-er, Clark. Both of them. Him. That guy who has two identities. Which Lois is just coming to terms with. And forgiving him for keeping from her for over a year.

Oke I realise that I'm quoting a whole paragraph here, but I just love this part. How Clark is thinking, even with Lois mad, he still rather go witn her to the Kerths, oow so sweet!
I don't mind people quoting whole paragraphs, Camy! Please, feel free! smile

It's nice waking up this mornig and reading this story, I can't wait 'till part 3!!
Aww, I'm glad you like waking up and reading it! Does it make a good pick-me-up? Does it wake you up? And I'm also glad that you can't wait till Part 3: it's just been finished and sent to my betas. I hope to have it up around the same time I put this one up, but next week. Good to know someone's looking forward to it. laugh

Thank you to everyone who's given me feedback so far. I really appreciate it! It just bowls me over to think people are reading this and enjoying it... thud

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard