Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Aww! That was so wonderful... *sighs wistfully* I should probably read the story before reading the epilogue though! Oh well, I'm afraid I fall into the shameful category of those who check the end of the book to make sure I like the ending before I invest my time in reading it. I guess this isn't any different. wink Anyway

He looked like he'd been to hell... And he wanted to know if she was okay
That line was beautiful. And so true. So Clark. This little story made my day. smile So thanks.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Oh Laura, you GOTTA read the fic. It's amazing. And the trailer for it is so beautiful! Seriously, watch the trailer, read the fic, re-read the epilouge...I'll send you a cyber tissue.

Speaking of being true to Clark...what is it he said? "Chair...table...mirror...Lois" Yup. There are certain facts of Clark Kent's life, and Lois' place in it is one of them. She's just...fact. To quote another brilliant David piece She's "Just Her."

Dave...I love you.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That was extremely beautiful, Dave. And it must be the WAFFiest thing I've ever read by you!

I, too, loved the ending:

"I love you," she whispered, her voice hoarse from sleep and her eyes misted in relief.

He smiled at her gently. "I know."

"You know, huh?" Her lips turned up. He was back. He'd come back.

"Yeah. Chair... table... mirror... Lois." His grin widened. "I know the important stuff. We've got plenty of time for the rest to come back to me."

He leaned forward slowly and she met him halfway. They'd have plenty of time for the details later.
Yes, chair, table, mirror, Lois, and he loves Lois, and she loves him. The rest is really just background information.

Lovely.

Ann

M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
You know, it's wonderful fics like this that make me wish I had discovered this fandom a LITTLE sooner, so that I could have gotten the DVD which I didn't know about until recently!!

Because, honestly, David, your An Affair to Remember is sublime, and this is such a wonderful extension of it. Thank you. Yes, the important things in life...chair...table...mirror...Lois.

Absolutely perfect.

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You know, it's wonderful fics like this that make me wish I had discovered this fandom a LITTLE sooner, so that I could have gotten the DVD which I didn't know about until recently!!
You hit the nail on the head, mmouse. I only discovered the wonder that was Lois and Clark late last summer. I have so many wonderful stories that I still need to read, I feel so behind!

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! I had forgotten about this wonderful story. It was so sad when Clark thought that he and Lois were married and that she had lost their baby. It was so bitter-sweet.

Another wonderful part and I'm glad that Lois had decided to be with Clark. Thank you Dave for such a wonderful story!

And go figure...a man wrote such waffy wonderfulness. peep You know what we women like!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Columnist
Columnist
Such a beautiful story. I would love to quote something too, but I don't know what, it's all very good! jawdrop

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard