#42433 04/28/07 05:54 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Another great chapter, rkn!

I know I've said it before, but I love the Lois POV in theis story. And I love this softer Lois, who knows about Clark's identity, but keeps quiet about it so that she will not embarrass him. She protects him and respects his love for Lana, even if she doesn't respect Lana herself. She loves him, but she accepts the fact that he soes not love her. This Lois is a great person, and yet her behaviour is ostensibly the same as the behaviour of the much bitchier Lois on the show! What a great job you are doing here!

“For luck,” she whispered in explanation when she ran out of air and broke the kiss. Hey, it worked for Leia in Star Wars. Wait. . . very bad parallel. Didn't Leia end up being Luke Skywalker's sister?
Oh, wow! This is a splendid comparison! Particularly in view of the fact that Lois really is Clark's foster sister, in a way. Oh, but Leia was Luke's biological sister, and that is way, way different!

Physically, he's fine. Whether he's going to regain his memory immediately, I don't know. Based on the battery of questions we ask, it seems Clark suffers from what we call the 'Superman Complex'.”
eek

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean is that he's a chronic do-gooder who thinks he can handle anything.
smile1

“You never gave up on me, did you?”

“Never. I never will.”

“Why?”

“Superman is more than just a fancy suit and amazing abilities. It's the idea of Superman. Someone to believe in. Someone to build a few hopes around. Metropolis- the *world*- needs Superman. To make the world a better place. To make us a better people.”

“That's a lot for me to live up to, Lois.”

“No, it's a lot for us to live up to.”
Love it!!!

And I hope he is beginning to realize and accept that it is Lois that he loves!

Ann

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm so glad you are enjoying this story. Some of the portions you pointed out almost direct quotes from the script and thata credit goes to the show's writers, but I like them too. smile Same story, just a different spin.

thanks!

rkn
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm basically a show illiterate, but I had in fact figured out that many of the things I quoted were basically lifted directly from the original script. But that is what makes this fic so delightful: Same quotes, completely different spin, just as you said! thumbsup clap

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I don't know if I will have time to post more this weekend, so I am posting another part today. Hope you enjoy it!
You know it's okay to miss a day or two around here. It's not every day that I get the opportunity to read as much as I have today.

Hey, it worked for Leia in Star Wars. Wait. . . very bad parallel. Didn’t Leia end up being Luke Skywalker’s sister?
Too funny!

“Your partner is in the Lost and Found. Perhaps you would like to come and claim him?”
Again, really cute.

If Clark belonged to her, she would take better care of him. Still, the last thing Clark needed right now was to see that anger. He might not remember Lana, but he surely knew someone who claimed they loved him had just abandoned him.
grumble

Lois' conversation with Perry is very sweet. While they don't have the Daddy/daughter relationship that our Lois has, they still have their moments.

Lois sighed as she sank into her tub. It had been a nightmare, but it had been nice to be there for Clark when he needed her. It had felt. . . right.

It was the next evening when she heard a tap on her window.
Errr... Wait a minute... Is Lois naked for their conversation? Or did she take a bath with her clothes on? I'd like to enjoy this scene, but I confess I'm a bit distracted.
“You’d better wear a coat then, because I’ll be flying faster if we’re going any distance.”
Obviously! Because, if she's naked...

But the scene on the beach was beautiful.

(And hubby tells me that the next day means the next day. Still, it felt to me that she sank into the tub on the next day... and then Superman came by. I mean, why would you have a scene where she only sank in the tub? Besides, it's a fun scene if she's naked. Ann would like it; I'm sure.)

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard