Print Thread
#42396 04/27/07 05:39 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This was a really good part of Smallville Style! Of course, the pheromone episode and the one about the honeymoon in Metropolis are delicious fanfic material.

I'm fascinated by how you treat these two episodes. On the surface of it, things happen pretty much the way they did in the show (I think - as everyone here knows, I'm a bit of an LnC illiterate). But even though things are the same on the surface, they are extremely different when examined more deeply. Lois knows about Clark's Superman identity, and she is very much in love with him. However, she thinks that she has no real chance of winning him, because he is in love with Lana Lang.

Adding to the fascination is that this story is told almost exclusively from Lois's point of view. Therefore, we don't know how Clark really feels about Lois. It's hard to believe that he doesn't love her. On the other hand, we have seen a Clark Kent on Smallville who, week after week, knows Lois but prefers someone else. Maybe he loves Lana for real? If so, can Lois win him heart?

Wow! This is just like the TV show, only the main plot point is reversed. On the show, it was Clark who was hopelessly in love with Lois and determined to win her, even though she kept snubbing him. Here it is Lois who loves an uninterested Clark - but in spite of this huge change, you've kept things happening almost exactly the way they happened in the show!

Well, wow! What else is going to happen? Will we see TOGOM? Oh, but this time Lois must know that Clark isn't dead. And will we see ATAI? Will Clark, as Superman, freeze Lois again? Will Clark, as Clark, propose to Lois afterwards? Will he do so without revealing his secret to her, and if so, will she ask for some time to think about his proposal, just like she did on the show?

And what about Lana? Will she be Mayson Drake in this story and get herself blown up by a bomb?

What a fascinating story this is! thumbsup

Ann

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Of course there will be a Mason! wink (Ducking here) Mason is one of my favorite characters. Come on, any one of us would love to be in Lois' shoes- can we blame Mason for wishing the same? She sees this cute, funny, sensitive guy (way less dense than the Clark in my story) longing for a hard, selfish (though on her way to improvement) Lois. If Mason hadn't tried, she would have always wondered what could have been.

thumbsup Fortuntately for non-Mason fans though, Mason won't make an appearance in Smallville Style, but in the sequel that I am currently trying to get put together.

thanks!

rkn
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I was so hard on you in the last post, but I must say that you've thoroughly redeemed yourself in this section.

Your rendering of PML was honest and fit well. Likewise, as Lois heads to the Lexor it still feels like your own story. I can see why Lois wants to get away from it all--even to the pricey honeymoon suite.

I’m just taking a break from taking a break.
Hah!

“Did you say Clark? This is my story!”

“I heard him say Clark,” the man in question said with a grin.

“He definitely said Clark,” put in Jimmy.

“Definitely,” confirmed Cat, and she didn’t look happy about it.
This is rich. And she didn't look happy about it.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard