K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Part 13

Yeah, it's a little, indirect mention, but it still makes me giggle. The auction's an interesting "behind-the-scenes" addition, especially if it explains Tim and Amber Lake getting their hands on most of Luthor's collection. The arms of the Venus de Milo is always what I remember most. And you'll excuse me if I go off on a tangent here and babble (because I'm taking a homework break, though I shouldn't really)...

My first time to Paris and the Louvre, I just had to get a great picture of the Venus de Milo (yes, because it was mildly connected to L&C goofy ) because it's a famous work of art. wink I made my friend wait LONG minutes (maybe five) just standing there, ready to shoot, but waiting for all the people to clear out of the background. (We were lucky it wasn't the height of the tourist season. wink ) I finally managed to get my picture without people in it, and I hoped that it turned out good (this was the day before digital was popular and certainly before I had one). What do I see when it's developed? Something like this:

[Linked Image]

I'd somehow managed to get an entirely black background. *G* So artsy! wink

Anyway, that was longer than I meant it to be, and it's way off topic from actual feedback. :p

Back to business -

I love the auction. Love the explanation of how Tim and Amber get their collectibles. And I love Tommy's interaction with the guards. Really, you can tell he's got to be a little unnerved to be in a situation like that, but his nervousness doesn't show, and he handles the situation like a pro. I know Tommy's not the type to get scared, really, but even he would be a bit daunted by a set up like this.

Now, I should get back to analyzing the word "fan" for my linguistics paper. Because, though this fannish stuff fits well into the various definitions and compound listemes pertaining to "fan" (in the "short for fanatic" sense), I really can't justify it as even tangential research.

... remind me just to shaddup and say "Yay, good part!" next time. blush

Sara (who hopes Paul doesn't mind the rambling, half off-topic feedback post)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap clap clap

Good part, Paul! smile

Watching Lois and Clark was entertaining, but sometimes there are more important things in life.
laugh

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
The kryptonite puff was a cool trick cool thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, Sara. Thanks for the amusing diversion. laugh (Of course I don't mind! I'll take whatever FDK I can get - direct or otherwise. wink )

Glad you liked the auction. As for Tommy... yeah, he'd never admit it, but I'm thinking he was pretty nervous. Lucky for him, all he had to do was stay quiet and let the guards run with his little bluff.

Mary... it's a harsh truth, but one we need to remember every now and again. wink

Ankit... thanks. I thought it was a fun idea. Glad it worked for you. smile

Thanks to everyone who posted. Part 14, coming right up!

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard