Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42337 04/25/07 11:28 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, so if you've now read the story, I'll give you the ending I almost went with...

Oh, wait! Before I do, did I mention that I'm allergic to rotten tomatoes? laugh

Anyway, the alternate ending is:

ALTERNATE ENDING (In case you want to insert this story directly into the series in the place of ‘Swear to God, This Time We’re Not Kidding’):

“Lois,” Clark groaned. Moving suddenly, he picked her up in his arms, laying her gently on the bed as his lips again found hers.

The unexpected sound of a man clearing his throat caused them to jump apart.

“Oh, hello,” said a man wearing old-fashioned clothing and a bowler hat. “I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything. Well, more to the point, I hope I was.”

Lois and Clark looked at each other in confusion before Lois suddenly recognized their uninvited guest. “H.G.Wells,” she groaned into the pillow.

TO BE CONTINUED in ‘Soul Mates’ (Season Four, Episode Four of the Series) <g>.
ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#42338 04/25/07 12:29 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Oooh! hyper Another ML story! I'd go on about how excited I am, but, well... I have better things to do.

/me scampers off to read...

~C (desperately trying to keep from accidentally reading the "alternate ending" before reading the actual story)

#42339 04/25/07 01:25 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very good, ML! I laughed aloud several times. I even had to stop reading to let my sides settle down! Excellent story, and a perfect ending!

Hated the alternate ending.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#42340 04/25/07 01:57 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great story, ML! So much fun. As for that alternative ending... can't we send Jimmy and Wells Interruptus to their own private island where they can keep interrupting each other? I'm sure Lois is willing to pay to have them shipped off somewhere, at least for the two weeks of her and Clark's honeymoon!

Oh, but your story wasn't all about laughs, though. This was exquisitely beautiful:

She was slightly surprised when he lay next to her, facing her, instead of pulling her into his arms. She turned onto her side, still seeing the demons that were haunting him. Leaning forward, she kissed him as his hands slipped beneath the large sweatshirt she was wearing, as if he was drawing heat from her body. She was surprised when his hands actually seemed cold. She hesitated a moment before suddenly sitting up, removing the sweatshirt and pulling him into her arms, cradling him against her breast.
She heard him give a shuttering groan as he pulled her closer.

There was nothing, or almost nothing, sexual about the experience. Even though there was practically no clothing between them, even though she could feel his hot breath against her skin, and even though it was probably the most intimate moment of her life to date - more intimate, in fact, than those few occasions where she had crossed the intimacy threshold with a man - it was not sexual. It was so much deeper than that. It was... She hesitated slightly as she tried to find the right word. 'Spiritual' was the word she finally decided on.
Not in the traditional sense, perhaps. Not in a way that a minister might describe it given that they were practically naked in bed while still unwed, but... It was spiritual, nonetheless. In fact, it was probably the most spiritual experience she'd ever had.

Pushing those thoughts aside, she ran her hands soothingly over his back as she held him against her. She was relieved when his muscles begin to relax and his breathing became more regular, deeper. Still, she didn't sleep. As she lay there, holding the love of her life in her arms, it suddenly hit her what she'd taken on by loving Clark.
He was the man holding up the Golden Gate Bridge.

And now... she was the woman holding up the man holding up the Golden Gate Bridge.
Beautiful. Wonderful.

Ann

#42341 04/25/07 03:10 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aw that was great. Poor frustrated Lois & Clark. laugh Very cute!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#42342 04/25/07 04:13 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I think they should have a Kerth category for the story that makes you say GAAAAH loudest and most.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#42343 04/25/07 07:38 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice work. Glad that there wasn't any time travel/parallel dimensions for once. :p

I really like it when they elope; it seems more real somehow, it struck me that both "First Comes Marriage" and "I Will Always Love You", that are my absolute favourites, contain this element. laugh

"Mmm... you thought of everything," Lois said, pulling him in closer. "Now..." She nipped at his adam's apple. "...let me see if I can make you forget everything."
It's phrases like this that makes quote games. Thanks for sharing. thumbsup

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#42344 04/25/07 07:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I have to start quoting some favorite lines.

And now... she was the woman holding up the man holding up the Golden Gate Bridge.
Beautiful.

Just bring him to a chapel and expect him to get married. It was so... Lois.
rotflol I love it. I would so get married that way!

"Well, since I know how much you make..."

"How do you know how much I make?"
Lois shrugged.

"You snooped," Clark said in mock indignation.
<snoooort>

Great story! All the friggin' interruptions! But that's so them. And that alternate ending is just mean LOL.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#42345 04/25/07 07:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Double post.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#42346 04/25/07 08:56 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
lol lol Delightful! and who really needs an A plot every time.

Framework4
#42347 04/25/07 09:43 PM
Columnist
Columnist
written for the sole purpose of causing the reader to scream, "AHHHH!" as many times as possible while reading
and I think you succeeded that wink !!! I really loved the story and all the interruptions, just so Lois and Clark goofy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#42348 04/25/07 10:17 PM
Kerth
Kerth
smile1 notworthy notworthy notworthy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#42349 04/26/07 12:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhhhh!

Arrrrgh!

Gaaaahhhhh!

Hrmph!

<g> I loved it ML. Personally some of my favorite fics are the ones full of unresolved sexual tension. <g> You definitely captured that with this one. Very fun and very sexy. And the part at the beginning where Clark was hurting from the fire... made me sniffly and I could really feel for him. Poor Clark.

Nice job!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#42350 04/26/07 04:23 PM
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Hip-Hip-Hurray!! ML posted another story! dance

Seriously, ML, I was snuffling away as Lois comforted Clark after the fire (now I know why you wanted such a nasty chemical), and I could feel her frustration as life was constantly bombarding them with interruptions! Jimmy cracked me up. rotflol That little bit was so funny! Terrific fic from you. Thank you.

mmouse

PS. I really like the link! Is that what Wendy's talking about when she wants the archives to go to HTML? 'Cause it's cool, and reads really, really well.

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
#42351 04/27/07 01:32 PM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, everyone for your comments. Glad you enjoyed it.

Anyway, my site appears to be down at the moment and I'm wondering if anyone needs me to post the story here so that they can read it until I can get my site back up.

Anyway, let me know.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#42352 04/28/07 04:13 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
It is total and unadulterated fluff - written for the sole purpose of causing the reader to scream, “AHHHH!” as many times as possible while reading
Yes! laugh

But that was what made this such a Catch-22 situation.
I just finished that book.

“What?” Clark asked as if he’d never in his life even contemplated something as unneighborly as pretending not to be home. In fact, he looked as if she was suggesting he rob a bank or commit a murder.
rotflol

Aww! I loved this story! It was so funny. laugh Thanks for the laugh and the serious "Awwws"

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#42353 05/21/07 08:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

That was a great story!!!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#42354 05/22/07 05:04 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Ack!! grumble An officious officer, hotels without a room to spare, an insisitent neighbor who will not be ignored, and, of all things, a telemarketer soliciting suscriptions to the Metropolis Star! My you do love to torture our favorite intrepid reporters don't you?

But then, of course, you make everything better with a beautiful tropical paradise:

With that warning, he lit the remaining lanterns, revealing a small structure, much like a square gazebo, complete with roof. On one side was a wall made entirely of logs with the exception of a stone fireplace built into the center. On the remaining three sides were wooden railings. Mosquito netting had been draped decorously over the exposed sides.

She pushed the netting aside and stepped inside, a smile lighting up her face. A large bed was set up, complete with overstuffed pillows and red satin sheets. There was also a table and chairs and a large spread of food.
You just couldn't resist including some interior decorating could you. I notice there seems to be no paint or marble floors though. I guess Clark will have to get to that later. wink

“It’s not finished yet, but this was the best I could do in the limited time I had.”

“It’s wonderful, Clark,”
This reminds me of one of my favorite gags from the first and third Back to the Future Movies:
Dr. Emmett Brown: Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it. [reveals intricate tabletop model of the town square]
Marty McFly: [impressed] It's good.

And on that note:
Please excuse the crudity of this review. This was the best I could do in the limited time I had. (It's past my bedtime, so I don't have time to polish it up and make it cohesive.)

C Noetal(who is equal parts happy that you decided to share your hillarious alternate ending and that said alternate ending remains alternate.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard