Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
deleted

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A meta-comment. Please put the little blue arrows on the story parts to make them easy to spot.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm so glad that, with Smallville's influence, Lois was able to avoid the whole Paul/Linda Federal Disaster. clap

The story is still wonderful--I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, was very glad to see Lois escape her first federal disaster with a man. And I, too, am a little uncomfortable with the idea that Lois calls herself Lois Lane-Kent and thus becomes Clark's stepsister. Is Clark allowed to love his stepsister?

Anyway, this is certainly an engrossing tale, and I like it a lot.

Ann

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How does changing her name make her Clark's step-sister? I've known people who changed their names; it doesn't change who they are. Anyway my intent was to show that Lois wished to acknowledge the Kent's major influence on her life. Each time her name is mentioned attention is given to the Kents as well as the Lanes (mostly Ellen!).

It seemed like a good idea to me. Besides, if Lois and Clark ever do get together they won't have to change the monograms on their towels, LOL! Interesting to see the reactions though. I was warned it might not go over well, but I guess this Lois has a little bit of myself in her and it is something I would do.

thanks!

rkn
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story.. by the way is Wichita(Lois) where Kansas State(Clark) is? I sure hope so wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
deleted

Framework4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I do NOT have a negative reaction to Clark Kent and Lois Lane-Kent having a relationship in the future. If Lois had grown up around Clark from their pre-teen years, then she would have developed a brother-sister relationship with Clark (like Lucy surely has). You'd have a problem with a romantic relationship between them under those circumstances.

But Lois didn't grow up around Clark as her 'big brother.' She didn't even live under the same roof with Clark very much. Incest isn't part of this equation. If Clark were to romance Lucy (after her 18th birthday, of course), then there would be legitimate concerns of psychological incest in that relationship. But not with Clark and Lois, irrespective of the 'soul-mate' link they may or may not share.

This is an interesting story, one which should be given a chance. I've already read part five, and I like what's happened so far. Keep it up!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I agree with Terry. Lois and Clark don't have a typical bro/sis relationship--although she does look up to him and they do share a mom & dad. Besides, Lois changed her name, but was never adopted by the Kents. Still, it's enough of a gray area that those who enjoy wagging their tongue will be certain to raise their eyebrows. (And I'm not sure you need to put a warning in the archive version. But you might want to be careful if you plan on developing their relationship further--which of course, I hope you do.)

She smiled over Paul’s shoulder at Martha as Martha kept an eye on Jonathan and Lucy and Lois and Paul. Clark was standing behind his mother with his hand resting on her shoulder. Paul twirled her around and dipped her suddenly.
It was right about here that I started getting creaped out--suddenly realizing who Paul was, as well as who he would become.

I loved Lois' description of life as a Daily Planet intern. Her comments about Perry were too funny, especially
The horn on his golf cart broke, and guess who got to fix it?
Martha's grandmother's pearls were a wonderful addition to the story. I had to grin as I read
“If it makes you feel better, you can always loan them to Clark’s wife on their wedding day.”
I feel like amending, 'Unless you want to wear them to Clark's wedding.'

It seems odd that there aren't openings on the paper for journalism majors. Of course, I went to a private school where such a thing would be required, even for freshmen. I don't know how big Met U. is, but that seems as heartless as Paul says it is.

Watching Lois get all gussied up for Paul was a little bit gross. I'm all for a story where Lois dates someone other than Clark, but knowing what a jerk Paul is... And then she puts on Martha's pearls. eek

I'm so glad that she didn't go through with it. In your story it's Martha's and Rachel's words that keep her grounded. In reality, it was more likely Jonathon's doing. Having a stable father means so much to a girl.

I do like that you give Paul the chance to redeem himself. He isn't a jerk to her when she tells him she's not ready and he does ask her out one more time.

Still, it's nice to see Lois pleasantly unattached.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard