Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#42152 04/19/07 11:08 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Smirky I have so missed you posting. Do you know what it's like to have someone give you crack and then just cut you off cold turkey? Huh?? thumbsup

You haven't lost your tocuh so don't worry. I loved how Lois tried to comfort him the best she could with out actually telling him that she knew. It is very refreshing to get to see her inner thoughts as she reconciles her images of Clark and Superman together. Very nicely done.

I can't wait to see how Clark is going to end up telling her. Something tells me it isn't going to be over a simple lunch... but who am I to say? It may just be just that. laugh

Can't wait for the next chapter smirky! Thanks again for sharing with us.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#42153 04/19/07 11:19 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
party party party party

Smirky posted again.

party party party party

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#42154 04/19/07 11:22 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wonderful part, Smirky. The emotion you infuse into the story is amazing. I also love the technique of using short sentences. It gives it a slightly disjointed feel which is perfect considering how Lois and Clark interact and feel after the "White Room"

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#42155 04/19/07 12:00 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
<beams around at everyone with a broad grin>

Hello, everyone! It's great to be back! blush blush

<group hug>

jojo_da_crow wrote:
Smirky I have so missed you posting. Do you know what it's like to have someone give you crack and then just cut you off cold turkey? Huh??
laugh No, I've never had crack. At least . . . hm . . . <thinks deeply>. Nope. Still clean. thumbsup

I loved this chapter though. It made me laugh quite a few times. Man Meat thread! Haha that was great.
Couldn't help it. I've seen everyone drooling around at the pictures of Clark all over here and the rest of the net. Of course, I wasn't involved myself . . . laugh

You haven't lost your tocuh so don't worry. I loved how Lois tried to comfort him the best she could with out actually telling him that she knew. It is very refreshing to get to see her inner thoughts as she reconciles her images of Clark and Superman together. Very nicely done.
Whew! I'm glad I haven't! I was honestly very concerned coming back in that I might jump in with the wrong tone or characterizations. I'm glad it worked!

I can't wait to see how Clark is going to end up telling her. Something tells me it isn't going to be over a simple lunch... but who am I to say? It may just be just that.
<straight face> Yes, it could just be just that.

laugh

Thanks for your review, Jojo!

Woody wrote:
Wonderful part, Smirky. The emotion you infuse into the story is amazing. I also love the technique of using short sentences. It gives it a slightly disjointed feel which is perfect considering how Lois and Clark interact and feel after the "White Room"
Thanks for the overwhelming welcome, Woody, and for helping move my stuff back up the thread to help people review and all. Very appreciated! thumbsup

My normal writing is actually much more formal and complicated. In fact, I've been writing an original piece for years, and when I started writing DD and started experimenting with spacing and sentence structure I was positively delighted to find how much it added to the feeling throughout the whole thing. I'm flattered you've noticed, and I'm very glad the emotion is still going well, after this very long break! Thanks for the review, Woody!

SmirkyRaven

#42156 04/19/07 01:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't worry, it was perfect!

I'm glad Woody bumped up the previous part to refresh; I would have forgotten about the revelation. laugh Kind of a key part.

Really, I'd quote everything if I could. It's shocking that I like introspection and what everyone is thinking. Normally I can't stand it, but you're on a short-list of people who just have an awesome way of writing it.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#42157 04/19/07 01:32 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful chapter!!! I'm so glad your back and doing well. I don't know what I missed more. . .the story or your response to our feedback!!! clap Now you're using the gray matter between your ears!!!! laugh

I also love how the crowd around both of them is acting--"cursing" at both of them for not moving down the sidewalk at an "appropriate" pace clap

“Hi Clark!” Kal-El, Superman. Good morning to all three of them.
<big grin>

She looked at him as he strode towards her with yet another nerdy wave, his smile still bravely there, but shaky enough that it looked held there by a very delicate thread.

A bit distracted today, Superman?

Careless, that was what. He should be more careful.

Idiot man.
clap clap clap clap
Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#42158 04/19/07 02:40 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Shadow wrote:
I'm glad Woody bumped up the previous part to refresh; I would have forgotten about the revelation. Kind of a key part.
lol. I know how you feel. Just taking a month of working on this story and I was like starting to wonder if this was before or after Zod met up with Lex Luthor (or, in just plain words (since my little sister says that comparison makes no sense), I was very confused). Had to reread the last couple chapters myself, just to make sure I could try and keep the same tone and themes and all.

Really, I'd quote everything if I could. It's shocking that I like introspection and what everyone is thinking. Normally I can't stand it, but you're on a short-list of people who just have an awesome way of writing it.
blush Thanks! It's funny, really, because usually I'm more the quick-paced, hurry-the-plot-up sort of reader myself. I just can't write that way, and you could ask my brother about how much I gnaw on my fingers trying to whip my plot along. Do you realize this story is almost 200k long? Goodness, I'm *such* a blabbermouth!

I'm glad you enjoy it, though! thumbsup

Thanks for your review, Shadow!

mervoparkite wrote:
Wonderful chapter!!! I'm so glad your back and doing well. I don't know what I missed more. . .the story or your response to our feedback!!!
I loved Lois' introspection as she walked to the Planet
blush blush laugh

You like my review responses? Well, well, this is something new. laugh I'm glad my random blabberings on here are appreciated, or at least work to amuse you guys. thumbsup

I also love how the crowd around both of them is acting--"cursing" at both of them for not moving down the sidewalk at an "appropriate" pace
I just loved the image of both of them, ignored and lost in their own thoughts. The world really is completely oblivious to the amazing story unfolding right under their nose (just as oblivious as Lois had been not too many hours before!).

Clark's internal discussion was lovely--even the sad parts!
<sad smile> Yeah. I think that's one thing that keeps this story so interesting for me, at least. Lois and Clark are just so plain *fascinating* for me to burrow inside their heads and feel around. After what they've both been through, I enjoy trying to figure what keeps them going, and how they're trying to cope. Clark's always been optimistic, and I personally find it very heroic on how he refuses to give in to the dark thoughts and depression, even while he knows he struggles with them. Good man! <gives him a hug>

Don't worry Clark--Heaven has already smoothed the trail for you.
Oooh! Great line yourself! thumbsup

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Hi Clark!” Kal-El, Superman. Good morning to all three of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<big grin>
<big grin back>

I'm glad this chapter had the same reaction on you as it did on me!

OK--there are just tooooo many "warm my heart" one liners to keep quoting so. . . .
Hehee. Good! That means I did my job. laugh

I love that she gave him her keys. . .can't help it I just do.
lol. I couldn't help it, either. thumbsup

Thanks for your review!

SmirkyRaven

#42159 04/19/07 03:04 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It was fortunate that Woody bumped up the previous part since it appeared that I had missed it somehow. I liked how it showcased Lois' greatest asset, her brain. Being put in the situation where she couldn't just react, but had to lie there and reason things out showed that when she's given the chance her mind is able to do amazing things. It was nice to see her 'work' it all out before knee-jerk emotionial responses had a chance to make things more difficult.

This instalment was fun (the car crash scene aside). Watching Lois as she watched Clark and having her realize how transparent he really is was a kick. Let's hope that her 'patience' will be rewarded and Clark won't have another reason to postpone his big reveal.

Anxious to see how Lois plays her response to the revelation.

A couple of well written instalments.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who has been trying to figure out how Smirky will be able to work a haircut for Lois into the story)

#42160 04/19/07 03:46 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so glad you posted! Very nicely done. I just wish the revelation would happen already!

Hurry back. It's late and I have to be up early in the morning so I cannot give detailed feedback. But...GREAT PART!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#42161 04/19/07 04:33 PM
G
Blogger
Blogger
G
Hi!

party

I really enjoyed this part! Your posts are ALWAYS worth waiting for. Just don't leave us hanging for too long!

I especially like the inclusion of Henderson once again at the accident. He is such a good man, helping Clark out and seeing through the Superman facade. He knows when someone is in trouble or needing help. Excellent part!

I also think the part with the Superman Website was inspired. Very well done indeed!!!

Keep up the excellent writing.

G. Kuhn
#42162 04/20/07 08:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Simply loved the Lois-knows-and-Clark-doesn't-know-she-knows phase wink

My favorite lines
“So,” she said, her voice slightly higher than normal, but that was not to be helped. “What’s the plan?”

Clark blinked at her. “S-sorry?”

Now really, Lois thought, feeling slightly upset. Surely it wasn’t that surprising. She wasn’t that controlling and unlistening!

Surely, she defended herself weakly.
goofy thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#42163 04/20/07 04:19 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Rachel! We've missed you!

Good chapter!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#42164 04/20/07 04:45 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh my my my! smile1 I was jumping for joy...well as best I could with a very sore foot. I had to read it in segments over this evening so I hope I do this FDK ok.

THANK YOU FOR THIS! smile1

For me, I enjoyed having Lois start the part off by walking down the street just thinking. After not reading Darkest Dreams for quite a while, it was a good place to pick up again. Nothing to quick paced where I'd find myself going "huh?" and rushing to re-read it or possibly having to go back and read the last chapter. This walk of hers was great at covering how she felt. Slow, not really aware of her surroundings type of walk. Those types of walks always happen when I'm in deep thought. She was actually doing some calm thinking! thumbsup

Having Clark across the road was sweet. My hair stood on end when he encountered the poor taxi. I found that in this sort of sweet escape, it illustrates how 'danger' can come back so easily and we can see how it affects our lovely couple...well they will be soon...won't they?! laugh

Kudos to Lois for not stepping over the line where Clark would suspect that she knows about his secret life. I would have such a hard time keeping such a secret!

And if he did have to run off, she’d wait. And she’d keep waiting until he came back.
*sigh* notworthy
party

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#42165 04/20/07 10:28 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, loved this! And I'm so glad you're back!

I actually read this chapter two days ago, but I have had absolutely no time to post anything more than, say, "Woo-hoo, Rachel is back, great chapter, hurry back with more!". And I fiugred you wanted a little more than that. Anyway, because I've had some time to think about this chapter after reading it once, what remains in my mind is how deceptively little happens in it on the surface of it, yet how rich it still is, and how much is happening in Lois and Clark's minds. Especially in Lois's. And how fascinated I am by your marvellous ability to write these two persons' thought processes.

She walked slowly, preoccupied over an old article that felt as old as time, or maybe even older. She lowered it, not hearing, not seeing the morning rush around her. She was just thinking. The crowds on the damp, dark-grey sidewalk poured around her easy step without a pause in the constant flow.
I love how you show us Lois encased in her own little time bubble, reading that old newspaper clippping, untouched by the oblivious stream of people that flows by around her. You also make me think of a fast-flowing stream or maybe creek, and in the middle of it a twig or a little rock is sticking up, unmoved by the constant flow of water. (But that last comparison isn't that good, because Lois is not an unmoving twig or a rock.)

It was amazing how much a person could change over such a short amount of time, she realized, looking around at the unchanged world around her. It was odd. Superman walked among them, but they were oblivious to it. More, Superman was one of them, and nobody noticed it.
You have just shown us Lois as a solitary moving object inside an oblivious stream of people. But Lois is thinking to herself that these people are oblivious not of her, but of him, Superman, who is also walking among them.

Lois's world had been shaken to its roots once again, and nothing else seemed to have changed.

Just her.
Which is why she is at least somewhat reminiscent of that lonely twig sticking up out of the creek as the water flows by it.

She felt so old, but no longer broken. She knew what she wanted. She knew what she needed, and she had come to realize how little the details, no matter how furious they might have made her not so long ago, could mean nothing.

She would take the risk of everything, because if she didn't have him, nothing else mattered.
I don't believe that Lois feels old exactly. It's more as if she has suddenly reached a plateau from which she can look back and get her life into perspective. And what she can see is that he, Superman, Clark, Kal-El, means everything to her.

She looked back down at the article in her hand&#8212;the article she and Clark had written together just before the chaos of being caught, those not-so-many weeks ago.
So that was the article she had been reading.

Clark&#8212;Superman&#8212;had been so innocent, so selfless, so invulnerable, even then, knowing he had a weakness. He'd thrown himself into a fight against a madman when he was already weakened, just to protect the people who had taken him in. His parents. His family.

He would have died for them all, if it had been necessary.

And Trask had actually known.

He had known that Clark Kent was Superman.
The horror of Lois's realization packs a punch.

Trask had been trying to kill him, as well as his parents, because he was an alien.
This is an important realization, too. Clark has many advantages because he is an alien. But some people want to kill him for it. And Clark hates the fact that he is not truly a part of humanity.

Across the street, as unnoticed as Lois herself, a tall, dark-haired, big-suited man bumbled along the sidewalk, keeping what seemed to be a constant stream of apologies for every set of toes he trod on and every bag or shoulder he bumped, though, of course, none of his apologies were paid any heed as people rushed along.
This is an adorable image of the bumbling version of Clark Kent.

After a restful night and the early flight in the sun, Clark felt physically as good as he could remember being. The last vestiges of sleepiness had vanished, and there was a slight bounce to his step as he made his way forward. The clouds had finally parted over Metropolis, and the morning sun was breaking through in all its glory through the scattered whiteness against the broad expanse of blue sky. He strode along the way to work, having chosen to walk rather than fly. Sometimes it was great just to get out and walk among them&#8230;to just be normal, for a little bit.
Superman is walking among them.

Even his guilt for the perfect night and consequential flight was kept firmly at bay after a short list of flawless rescues.

He was going to tell her.

Today.
Yes!!! (Of course she already knows, but he should still tell her!)

Today.

Today . . .

She was going to kill him.

Or worse, she was going to hate him. Distrust him. Push him away. And for good reason.

All for a good reason.
I love the way you are writing this. She will have good reason to push Clark away after he revealed he lied to her, but he did it for a good reason.

Lois was blameless in this. How could he expect her to see who he was, when he truly did act so differently in his guises? How could he expect her to give Clark Kent the time of day when she had already sacrificed so much for the man that she claimed&#8212;and truly so, Clark feared&#8212;to love? How could he blame her after she had saved his life and not slowed in her pursuit to help him for all these terrible, dark, lonely weeks?

How could he blame her when he knew it was his fault that she shivered and cried in her sleep, and charged into work so tired yet heedless day after day? When he knew how much his not telling her was going to hurt her?
thumbsup

He didn't take time to think, but just moved. Even as it was, he brushed against the bumper as he jumped out of the way, leaving a very permanent dent as the car bumped to a stop.
This definitely reminds me of a Superman movie, though I don't remember which one. I hope he didn't give his secret identity away, though.

What Lois Lane could do to Superman. Slow him down enough so that he was no longer faster than a speeding bullet&#8212;but slower than a braking taxi.
This is another of those quotes that I remember from two days ago!

But the way he had moved. He had been just there, and then . . . somewhere else.

It was one thing for her to realize that her very normal work partner was a superhero. It was quite another to see it with her own eyes.
How true.

Clark. She should be ranting at him, lecturing him about crossing the street . . .

Lecturing Superman about the dangers of crossing the street. Right.
Hey, it is dangerous for Superman to cross the street if he's going to blow his secret identity by doing it!

Lex, Logram, Trask, the Primaries . . . Who knew who was watching?

But he had been busy coming to her. Busy watching her. He hadn't even noticed the car before it was too late.

Lois felt a little bird fluttering in her chest at that, but she shushed it, though not too firmly.
Aaaawwww...*happy sigh*

Clark winced, not looking at her, and his dark hair fell over to partially obscure his eyes. She wanted to reach over and push it away for him&#8212;Kal-El didn't seem to like it when his hair fell into his eyes . . . But then, that might just be the Superman image he had to keep up.

Was it? How did he really like his hair?

For some reason the question bothered her, and she moved it near the top of her list of questions, ridiculous as it seemed.
I like this little so-human tidbit.

&#8220;I am sorry, Lois,&#8221; he said carefully, meeting her eyes.

The way he said it gave her a warm thrill, as if he had just barely decided to tell her who he was, but without words. That was a stronger voice&#8212;there was no stutter, no wobble of nervousness, though it was clear that he had taken some special care to make sure there hadn't been.
Yay! He's working his way toward the revelation!

&#8220;I&#8212;I mean, when I realized I still had your keys . . . &#8221; Clark continued.

Don't remind me, Lois thought with a spike of hot fury.

He had better have a good excuse, or Kal-El or no, he was going to get the lecture of his life. Running off for a rescue was one thing, but taking the keys and leaving her abandoned for hours without transportation was quite another.
He needs to tell her what happened.

&#8220;Don't apologize,&#8221; she said, a bit more sharply than she had intended as they walked into the shadow of The Daily Planet. Clark flinched the slightest bit, but his expression didn't change but for a slight flicker in his eyes, followed by determination. It actually made Lois feel better. He really couldn't let everything get to him, she realized, and he certainly internalized far too much. All of her observations of Clark Kent had certainly not been wrong&#8212;he took everything far too personally. But then again, Superman had too, he just hadn't shown it as much.

It looked like some of Superman's strength was being drawn into Mr. Smallville. That was just fine with Lois.
Good!!

Lois took a deep breath. &#8220;You said you have an explanation this time, and I'm going to hear it today at lunch, so you'd better not run off again.&#8221;

And if he did have to run off, she'd wait. And she'd keep waiting until he came back.
Yes!!!

Where'd he keep the Suit? Did he wear it under his work suit? What about his cape? His boots?
This is one of those quotes that I remember from two days ago. Once this topic was discussed in a comic books forum. One guy asked: "Does he wear his boots under his shoes?"

Good question, when you think of it.

&#8220;Marie!&#8221; The man swore desperately, fighting against Clark's arms. &#8220;No! Marie!&#8221;

Clark should have tried to get him to calm down. He was hurt, in shock, but he himself had frozen at the sight of the delicate woman's broken body, now laid out on a gurney as the rescuers grimly prepared to cover her face.

Her dark hair sprawled around her.

Lois.
My heart is constricting with horror at this.

&#8220;Superman.&#8221;

It was Henderson. Clark was distantly aware of the ash-streaked officer coming up beside him, but he didn't move.

Henderson swore, then actually stepped forward and took the hero by his shoulders. &#8220;Listen, kid. I know it's rough, but you've got to pull yourself together. People are watching.&#8221;

Clark's haunted eyes went to the officer's slowly and he blinked, coming out of his panicked terror and stepping back and away from his touch. He shook his head, bringing a hand over his eyes.

&#8220;I&#8212;I couldn't . . . s-she's . . . &#8221;

&#8220;You can't save everyone,&#8221; Henderson said, glancing around. Again risking breaking the hero's famed distance, he took Superman by the arm and pulled him aside, speaking low. &#8220;I don't know what happened to you, or where you've been, and if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. But these people need you now. We need you.&#8221;

And that was it. They needed him. Their need was greater than even his own fear, his own memories.
Wow. This is splendidly written. You've got to love Henderson here.

She stared at him. She wanted to ask him what had happened, if he was all right, and give him a big hug and not even talk, if he didn't want to. Just for him to know that she was there for him.

But not yet. He needed to tell her. Somehow, she knew he needed to.
I love this. Lois wants to hug Clark, because she knows that he has just faced horrors as Superman. But she knows that he needs to tell her himself that he is the famous hero, so she can't let on that she knows.

And I loved that Lois showed him that Superman site! (How typical, by the way, that Clark himself wouldn't know of it.)

Clark looked at that, his eyebrows raised. &#8220;Oh, no. What did you do this time?&#8221;

&#8220;Me?&#8221; Lois clarified needlessly. &#8220;Absolutely nothing.&#8221;

A crooked, shy grin grew at the side of his mouth, almost as if it was asking her permission before appearing. &#8220;S-somehow I doubt that.&#8221;

It was amazing, Lois marveled as they rode down the elevator. It was amazing how easy it really was to relax around him, and to get him to relax in turn.
Aaaaaaawww!!!! *happy sigh* sloppy

She had realized how hard it was to keep Clark Kent's crush at bay, but until now she never realized how hard it had been for her to keep from relaxing around him.

How often had she needed to start the chant of Mad-Dog Lane to keep from being too easy on the guy?

On Superman.

It was time to get some things in the open air.
Yes, absolutely!

Clark was once again taken aback when Lois tossed him her car keys, though it had taken her quite a long internal debate to decide it was the best thing to do.

After all, he might be Superman, but he&#8212;Clark Kent&#8212;had almost crashed the other day in the rental car (never mind about her part of the near-accident), and she had seen what he had done to that taxi earlier that morning&#8212;the bumper would never be the same.

She had to face it&#8212;she had seen Superman throw cars, lift cars, catch cars, rip car doors from their hinges, get hit by cars, and crush cars. She could remember few times she had actually seen him&#8212;that is, Clark (it was ridiculous to try and picture Superman driving)&#8212;drive, and though those times didn't necessarily have a bad memory to go with them, it was one of the greatest moves of trust she had ever made to hand over her car keys.

Maybe she was being overdramatic, but there you are.
Aaaaawwww!!!

Okay, I loved it, once again, Rachel. Hope you won't hit us with some more really evil A-plot all too soon!

Ann

#42166 04/21/07 06:04 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is wonderful, Rachel! I can't wait for Clark to say, "Lois, I'm Superman."

And she'll reply, "Yeah, I know."

And then everything will disintegrate for him, because his planned speech to 'soften the blow' won't be necessary, and she'll have to convince him that she understands, no, she really does understand why he didn't tell her before, and now they can get on with their lives.

And he'd better thank her for the pocketknife!

More soonest, please!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#42167 04/21/07 07:54 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm so glad you're back, Smirky. I really loved this part. I, along with everyone else, loved the man meat thread! That was pretty funny. I'm looking forward to the next part and can't wait until Clark realizes that she knows.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#42168 04/23/07 04:31 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good job and keep it coming. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#42169 05/03/07 10:57 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hi Smirky !

Are you still out there ??
We're still here, waiting anxiously for the next installment...

Hope it comes soon

#42170 05/03/07 06:50 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I hadn't planned to come back for another fortnight at least (RL is beyond crazy) but I couldn't resist popping in and dropping a line to let you know how much I loved this chapter. And I can't believe nobody picked up on this but - ahem - Superman II, opening scene after the credits, anyone? In the movie, I hated that scene because Clark came off as DESTRUCTIVE bumbling idiot, and a natural one at that because no way could he have intentionally let a taxi career into even to keep up his hack persona. I love the way you've rationalized it. Now it's just plain funny and rather sweet.
Keep em coming!
Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard