Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I was not quite sure what the flashback had to do with Clark's present situation unless it has to do with a promise to always keep Becca safe. Now did Lily walk out on them or did she really die?

I was hoping that Lois helped Clark and Becca out. She is near. I just want Becca to see how much Lois really cares for her and how much se loves Clark.

Just hurry back and answer my questions!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Columnist
Columnist
great part and please let Lois find the two of them soon. So they can be together.

Loved it. laugh

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I was not quite sure what the flashback had to do with Clark's present situation unless it has to do with a promise to always keep Becca safe.
That was it wink I had planned to write the flashback a little earlier, but forgot about it again. Maybe I'll change that in the final verion that will hit the archive.

I'm glad you liked the part, Tahu smile

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
clap I also want Becca to see Lois there so she knows how much Lois cares. Please give us more soon.
Kate laugh

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, what a situation. But I'm glad that Lois and Jonathan know that Clark and Becca are definitely in trouble. By the way, I think Jonathan should be able to figure out that the whole kidnapping and blackmail plot that he and Lois heard the bad guys talk about has something to do with Clark. The mentioning of the year 1966 and the fact that Smallville is at the center of this terrifying plot is too suggestive. But of course, Jonathan doesn't know about the existence of Kryptonite.

I keep hoping that Lois will save Clark and Becca, although it was very good to see Clark find it in himself to break open their prison for Becca's sake.

As for that flashback, I rather disliked Lily in it:

“You promised me you would care for Becca tonight,” Lily hissed at him, her eyes gleaming dangerously. “You told me not to worry, said that I should get my much needed rest. And how do I find you…?” Her voice trailed off. She didn't need to remind him of his situation, he was well aware of it.

He tried to remember when he had last slept. It couldn't be more than three days ago, he assured himself. But it had been the weekend then and he knew that he hadn't managed to even close his eyes, let alone take a nap. But it couldn't be…Clark realized, shocked, that it had to have been Thursday. That was more than five days!
Lily had to have her much needed rest, but what about Clark? He hadn't slept in five days!

“I've had my last exams, Lily. Life will be a little calmer now and I promise you this won't happen ever again. I would never want to do anything to harm Becca,” he said apologetically.

Lily shook her head. “No, Clark. It was a mistake to bother you with all this. Can you please look after her today? I'll go and do what I should have had the courage to do long ago.” With these words she handed him Becca and turned around to leave. “Good bye, honey,” she said and brushed a kiss on Becca's cheek before she left.
"Good bye" sounds rather final in English, like, "I'll never see you again". Is Lily knowingly and deliberately walking out on her daughter? And if so, why? It doesn't seem right that she would. Is Margaret Donovan involved?

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'll be back later with feedback. I'm printing it and taking it to work with me...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
"Good bye" sounds rather final in English, like, "I'll never see you again". Is Lily knowingly and deliberately walking out on her daughter? And if so, why? It doesn't seem right that she would. Is Margaret Donovan involved?
Yeah Ann, like you said long ago, you and I share the predicament that English isn't our native language. I seem to suffer from it a little more than you do, maybe because I don't spend my time teaching others...

But for explanation.. I found following...
goodbye also: good-bye auf Wiedersehen
Another translation for good bye is "Lebwohl"

"auf Wiedersehen" is the more formal way of saying "See you". In the little word "wieder" (again) is implied that you intend to come back. Though it's rarely used in that strict context.

"Lebwohl" which means as much as "Live well" (and thus implies that you see a person for the last time) is rather ancient use and therefor not a part of today's spoken language. So I might be a little biased, because "auf Wiedersehen" which would be literally translated something like "Until I see you again" can be used whether or not you intend to see the person again.

In my nine years of learning english in school I had never had the impression that Good Bye would be something so definitely final, but I might be wrong. After all Germany didn't do well in the PISA study. grumble

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally a moment to leave feedback! Great part.

Poor Clark. He must have been awfully tired to fall asleep on the stairs. I thought at first that he must have been affected by kryptonite and not known it.

Was Lily going to go turn Becca over to social services? Was she going to give her up for adoption?

How does this all figure in with the nasty lady (whose name I can't remember)?

I can see that with Lily's actions (like saying she was going to do what she should have already done), she may have been saying 'good bye' to Becca forever, but in general saying 'good bye' to someone does not mean saying bye forever. It's no different really than saying 'bye'. 'Bye' is just a shortened form of 'good bye'. The way you wrote is just fine.

Lois is in Mad Dog mode... Hope she doesn't get herself in trouble and turn out to be the one that needs rescued.

Clark and Becca better get out of there fast!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
ahhhhh is there a sequel to this! please say there is! ahh cant take this any longer! need to know whats gonna happen. ok calm down sammie, breath!! there is a sequel right?!?!?!?! hyper thud splat

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow. Your first post on one of my stories? I'm honored. Very much.

/me faints wave , I'm glad you decided to delurk.

And, yes of course there is a next part. I try to finish my stories. I'm writing on it, but real life keeps me rather busy these days. It'll be up as soon as possible. Depending on the shedule of my beta Lara it might be up this weekend. Can't promise this, though.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard