Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Bad bad me has been reading all along but not leaving a single comment blush . But this part... well, I just couldn't leave without saying something. That was soooo cute!!! The way she told him she wanted the gray sedan, and that they'd have to break the rules! So darn cute!!! smile1

Loving the story, guys, and dying to read the last two parts and have the whole thing so I can re read it all in one sitting!

hyper

Cris
Columnist
Columnist
wow another great post. I loved it. I love jealous Lois Lane. :p

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I read this story on the DVD and loved it. Just had to catch this part again. So cute!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There were many great moments in this chapter, but this one had me totally rolling on the floor:

"We aren't...you haven't...you're still...hovering."

He removed his hands from her shoulders in a blur, feeling blindly for the hood on either side. Dear God, he was hovering?! In a room full of witnesses? With Dealin' Dan right there to announce the play by play?

'Ladies and gentleman, please direction your attention to the silver Jeep Grand Cherokee where Superman is kissing Lois Lane...''
Oh Clark, she meant hovering as in 'not yet descending on her lips', not hovering as in, well, hovering!!!! goofy

Clark hadn't been wrong. She *had* been territorial. Unthinking, unwisely, she had charged over and placed herself between that woman and Clark, as if her partner was the gazelle and Elaine, the lion.

Lois sighed.

Clark's eye came open and regarded her. She shut hers quickly, too embarrassed to be caught looking.

His hands, which had been resting on her back, moved slowly, lightly rubbing up and down. Comforting, rather than romantic.

She was surprised at the unexpected rush of tears.
Oh, oh, I love it.

She looked at him then. And she let herself see him. See everything she had been afraid to see. Everything she had never allowed herself to see...for so many reasons. He was here with her, unavailable to anyone else. He'd told her so. And once more he had put himself on the line for her. The very least she could do was...open her eyes. And stop lying. To herself. To him. To the entire world.

"I picked wrong," she said slowly, carefully, not letting their mouths separate, but trying to speak clearly. "I want the grey sedan."
Woo-hooo! She doesn't want Superman any more! She wants Clark "grey sedan" Kent!!!

Oh, what a sweet chapter. I love it.

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
I love that Kiss Me line, and the music video using that song. Great job, everyone.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*sigh* clap Bravo. Bravo.

You had me going 'Awww!' throughout. I especially liked this line:

He felt an unexpected surge of joy, of relief. They fit. After all that happened, they still fit.
*sigh*

I also loved the ending and am looking forward to seeing how they manage to swap... Tricky situation, considering it's against the rules. But then, when did Lois Lane ever follow the rules?

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I have to restate what everyone else has already said..

Aaaaawwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

I absolutely love this! It's the best thing I've read in a while. Jealous Lois=so funny. laugh And I liked how it focused on Lois' thoughts for a while, so WE the audience knew exactly why she was acting that way, but then showed Clark being terribly, terribly confused. Anyway, great chapter! I can't wait for the next one.

Laura smile1

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's still one more favorite line of my that hasn't been quoted yet.

He didn't get it. He just...didn't get it.
rotflol

I love Confused Clark and the spending of round 2 trying to figure out what the heck changed. The 'bathroom scandal' was really cute, too. Looking forward to the next part!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah! Lois is finally coming to terms with her feelings and as always, Clark is ever honest with her.

"I didn't ask for that."

She blinked. Took a deep breath and released it. "I know. I know that. And really, even if you had, it's...none of my business."

He dropped his hands from her sides, aware that, just like that, the wall had risen again between them. He was not her business and not her boyfriend. Those were the things she had said all along. She had said them again today, and still she could kiss him like he was both.

He ran a hand through his hair, rumpling it, deciding. They could certainly kiss, they'd established that. But they couldn't stay forever connected at the lips. Sooner or later they were going to have to face reality.

The warning bell rang. Five short minutes and everything felt so different now. Lois grabbed a muffin and offered him one. He put it back, no intention of eating. "Why were you jealous?" he asked, timing it so she had just taken a large bite.

Her eyes bulged and she chewed frantically. He pressed his advantage. "Am I wrong? You were a little...territorial."

She grimaced, a blush stealing over her cheeks.

Good.

"I didn't approach her, you know." He held her captive in his gaze, not looking away. Not letting her, either.

She nodded vigorously.

"And I don't want this." He crumpled the paper in his fist, shooting it into the waste basket. "I'm here with you, Lois, whatever that means. And maybe we're going to have to decide, because I don't consider myself available. Not while you and I are together."
Clark is so sweet and again lays his heart on the line for Lois to step on. However, somehow I get the feeling that she will not let him get away so easily this time. Maybe competition for Clark's attention is what she has always needed.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was an awesome chapter ladies. thumbsup Somehow you were able to make it much more about the kissing and more about their relationship and I really enjoyed that. smile

It also made my day yesterday since this was one of the few I snuck in to read in my busy busy day at work. So no time for FDK that day but wanted to pop in today to say I'm still loving this. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you so much, everyone, for your wonderful comments!! We love that you're here-- reading and enjoying. twins

If I remember correctly (it's always possible I don't), I think we get a smattering of angst in part 5. (Hurray!) And I think it's purely Erin's! Which means it will be gorgeous and fluid and heartfelt.

(Then again, I could be totally wrong. Maybe the angst is part 6...? Honestly, this is why Erin is our CEO.)

Anyway, thank you for reading!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great part, Erin and CC! smile1

Elaine, however, didn't have any more sense than the Porsche driver had. "You said you two weren't an item. What's the big deal?"

Clark tightened his grip a notch. Still friendly, nothing more than a casual hug...

"Just because I said he wasn't my boyfriend doesn't mean he's included in the refreshments. He isn't."
It looks like somebody is jealous... goofy

She turned in his arms, her eyes hot, searching his. When her hands came up to his chest and delved into his pocket, he didn't move. She raised a silent eyebrow as she unfolded the paper and read the digits.

"I didn't ask for that."

She blinked. Took a deep breath and released it. "I know. I know that. And really, even if you had, it's...none of my business."
Yes, of course. You made perfectly clear it isn't of your business, Lois. thumbsup

"Isn't there a rule against switching?"

She nodded slightly, eyes dancing. "We're going to have to break it."
Rules couldn't stop Mad Dog Lane. wink

I'm looking forward for next part! More! More! More! hyper

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard