Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ahhh!! You would leave us at that cliff hanger wouldn't you? lol

And Jimmy is there for a follow up... right. lol

I do see how there is going to be quite a bit of angst in all this. Can't wait for the next part guys. laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Another great part! I think this little snippet was actually my favorite:

"I said I loved her. Then I said I didn't." Absently, he pushed his fork through the crumbs on his plate, and Martha grimaced at the scratches he was putting into Jonathan's mother's china.

Then again, she had never particularly cared for Jonathan's mother…
Oh, so delightful! So Clark! So Martha! And thank you so much for passing on that little tidbit of gossip about Martha and Jonathan's mother.... rotflol rotflol rotflol

And the kissing contest is about to start. Something tells me that CC, friend of the Earth, won't allow Erin to let Lois win another gas-guzzler. I think the pierced kids are going to win the car, probably. (Though you know, CC, the car will pollute the air just as badly if it is driven by those kids....) But there can be little doubt that the kissing contest will do wonders for Clark and Lois's relationship!

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hmmmm - evil. Yep, evil.

No one who was nice would stop there. Only evil ones would stop there.

Yep, definitely.

I loved Clark telling his folks about his plan! I'm going to kiss her - of course, what else could the plan POSSIBLY be!

More soon please wink .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"She wanted Superman," said Martha wearily. "Who, by the way, is you, dear. I know because I do your tailoring."
<g> I love Martha.

Ohh, what a torturous place to end part 3.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree, what a tease. We are going to get to see them kiss in this story, yes? OK, I'll be patient for part 4 ... grumble

But at least the pie seemed to be working and loosening him up. It was no kryptonite, but it came as close to rendering her invulnerable son vulnerable as anything else. At least it seemed to be rendering him talkative. Which was really what she was after.
I love Martha. Hmm, Kryptonite, Lois and pie - yep, that works. laugh
"You think I should tell her? Really? You’re the last person I ever expected to say that," Clark said. "What’s changed?"

"What’s changed is that you’re not happy," Jonathan said, pausing long enough to hold his son’s gaze. "You love her. You want her in your life. Maybe it’s time to go for broke."
I love this bit from Jonathan. He's always so quiet and understated. It's lovely how you have his concern about Clark's happiness override his cautious nature.

Nice effect, having Lois so determined to win that she chastizes Clark for his choice of clothing.
"Okay," he said, seeing what he was up against. He took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves, careful that the blue spandex ones went first. "How about now?"
Um, Clark? Have you considered the fact that Lois might just figure out who you are if she feels the suit under your clothes? He doesn't really think that they can kiss all day and Lois won't touch his chest, does he? She's sure to feel the S-symbol there...
Perry wanted me to come and take some pictures...you know, gather a little intel--er, information," Jimmy corrected himself
rotflol
"Just because it’s reliable doesn’t mean it’s boring. Sure, it isn’t...flashy or...rich enough to own an airplane, but you can count on it. It will always be there for you."

He watched as her amused scowl was slowly replaced with a confused frown. For his part, he was still reviewing the choice of words that had fallen from his mouth. Whatever had possessed him...?

"Did you just say that car isn't rich enough to own an airplane?" Lois had her hands on her hips, her head tilted. She certainly wasn’t studying the selection of vehicles any more.
shock Oops. Clark has absorbed her babble and can no longer control his mouth.
Her voice joined the others for a couple of counts, but her smile quickly faded when she caught the small smile of nervous anticipation on Clark's face, and the strange look of longing…

All at once, she was transported to a time months ago when she'd seen that same longing. A time when...

She swallowed past the lump in her throat when the day at the park so many months ago came rushing to the forefront of her mind, barraging her with memories. Larger than life, she could see that look he'd had as he'd professed his love for her.

The very same look he had right now.
Poor Clark.

I'm with Clark - I hope kissing Lois all day works to bring her around. She'll have almost an hour of uninterupted kissing to contemplate the significance of seeing the same look on Clark's face today as when he professed his love. I'm sure she'll realize that he was lying before and that her feelings are returned.

Can't wait for tomorrow's post.
BJ

Merriwether
Merriwether
Great part, and such a cruel place to end it with us assured of WAFF immediately after. Love this idea. I'm somehow a fan of Perry and Jimmy scheming a bit.

Um, Clark? Have you considered the fact that Lois might just figure out who you are if she feels the suit under your clothes? He doesn't really think that they can kiss all day and Lois won't touch his chest, does he? She's sure to feel the S-symbol there...
I think Clark's planning on keeping her too distracted to notice.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Columnist
Columnist
Great story so far. Loved it. And you girls are bad to leave us here.

So come back soon.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful! I'm loving this! But GET TO THE KISS sloppy ALREADY Please!!!!! grovel grovel Lots More Very Soon grovel

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful! I'm loving this! But GET TO THE KISS sloppy ALREADY Please!!!!! grovel grovel Lots More Very Soon grovel

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm with everyone else - you're cruel, leaving us with a cliffhanger like that! But I'll forgive you, if you provide the next installment very very soon. Like today. But I can see it's going to be tomorrow. *sigh*

"I said I loved her. Then I said I didn’t." Absently, he pushed his fork through the crumbs on his plate, and Martha grimaced at the scratches he was putting into Jonathan’s mother’s china.

Then again, she had never particularly cared for Jonathan’s mother…
I also liked this part - it made me laugh. It's nice to, in what looks to be a waffy story (which I love!), have some humourous parts. It all works so well together. And I like how largely it's the supporting characters that provide the amusement. Apart from Clark and his ridiculous 'car buying an airplane' comment of course... rotflol

More, please! grovel

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How wonderful to hear you guys are enjoying this story of CC's and mine! thumbsup

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Merriwether
Merriwether
It's cruel, but not unusual punishment. What does that say about our stories? We like to torment people?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh! Oh! Hurry back!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love how this is going and I love the suspense of a cliffhanger. Anyone who's reading my fic can attest to that. Two out of four parts are cliffhangers, soon to be three out of five. laugh

But back to your story. blush

I think Lois and Clark have the best seat on the jeep and have a much better chance of being comfortable. Jimmy's pictures should be... interesting. clap

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
What's this? I return after one day's absence and there is not just one chapter to read, but TWO!

party

Yes!!! Which is especially fortuante because this was such a big cliffie. laugh I can't wait to see how Lois and Clark beat the socks off all those other guys! And the bit with Martha was wonderful. laugh She's such a great character. Off to read part 4!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard