Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41865 04/11/07 06:46 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ahhh!!! Can I tell you how much I am enjoying this story so far? I love stories with premises like this and it looks to have a lot of the things I crave in stories. Plus it is by two people whose stories I adore. sloppy

So Perry got all quiet when he and Jimmy were talking and they were whispering... I wonder does this Perry know the secret? laugh

Can't wait for the next part.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
And we have the set-up. hyper
BJ

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
*sigh* there was a specific line I wanted to comment on but I don't remember what it was and this computer is finicky so I have to make the best of my time...

OH! Does Perry know CK=S? The conversation in the office - the whispering thing made me think he might.

I did watch the trailer and that gave me a better idea what this was about. I'm looking forward to the rest!!!
Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, this is adorable! I kept smiling, when I wasn't almost-sobbing!

He was saved from having to respond by the elevator's timely arrival.

When the doors closed behind them, though, Clark realized that, despite the long line, he and Lois were the only two who had stepped inside.
Mad Dog Lane!!! goofy

She was back on her feet immediately. "You tell them to kiss off? Seriously? That's a contest? As in, who can tell someone off the best?"
mecry (I'm using up all my icons here, aren't I?)

"It's kind of funny, isn't it?" he was dimly aware of Jimmy saying. "When you thought it was about yelling at people, any number of potential partners came to mind. But when it comes to kissing...?"

Clark didn't turn around; he recognized the quality of silence that had met that comment.

"Hey!" Jimmy said defensively. "I said it was just *kind* of funny."
Oooohh!!! I can just see the killer "kiss-off" stare that Lois gave Jimmy!

She stopped on that thought for a second and tried to imagine Stan without the greasy coveralls and the irritating non-progress reports on her car. If she kissed him for hours, would he be willing to hurry up the repairs? Though if he would just do that, she wouldn't need to kiss him. If he would just fix her Land Cruiser, she wouldn't need the new car, at all.
Oooohhhh!!! Now you're killing me!!! I can just see Lois kissing Stan the mechanic for hours while making him work on her car at the same time!!!! (Talk about multi-tasking!!!)

Her gaze went of its own volition across the aisle, across the other desks. Like a stone skipping on water, it went right over Ralph without pausing. As if. Right past Eduardo, happily married...and heavily mustached, besides. Lois rubbed her upper lip. That would irritate after a while, definitely.
Where's the "magnificent mustache" icon?

Eventually her gaze reached its destination. Not *her* destination, because her gaze's chosen target was not under consideration. No way, no how, no matter what. No.

"No," she reiterated under her breath, just to keep things straight. "I can't."

"No?" repeated Jimmy incredulously. "Come on. Think, Lois! There has to be someone!"

And there was. Or at least her eyes told her so. But she knew better, so she squeezed them closed and ordered them to behave.

It was a small world and her choices were limited, yes, but she would pick Stan and his coveralls before she picked...him.
I don't know if I have any icons left, but... *sob* *sniffle

He considered a short puff of superbreath; just blowing Jimmy to the floor...across the room...out the door. Maybe no one would notice? It was only Jimmy after all...
Heyyyy!!!! Making people laugh so hard should be illegal!!!!

She would kiss anyone else. Anyone. Jimmy and his grin that ate Metropolis. Stan and his non-car repairing cussedness. Ralph and his obvious unfitness to be a member of the human race...or...ok. Not Ralph. Under no circumstances. But anyone else--almost everyone else--would be better than Clark.
You're killing me with laughter...

He was her partner. Her friend. And the one she had wronged.
...and with sadness.

"No." She said it to herself as much as to Clark. Because something inside her, something in collusion with her gaze, which had picked him first and foremost, was leaning towards "Yes.' Leaning hard towards "yes.' In fact, wanting very badly to just say, "Yes.'

"No," she said again, louder, more firmly, just so all members of her psyche could get on board.
This, too, is so perfect it should be illegal!!!

"Oh. Well...ok, then." Clark turned to leave, and she could have sworn she could read the dejection in his shoulders. For an instant, just a blink, something in his posture, something in those shoulders, slammed into her with overwhelming, disheartening familiarity. Whatever it was, it was another dismissal at her hands. Something she was all together too good at.

"Wait!" She leapt to her feet, grabbing for his arm and halting his retreat. "I didn't mean picking you was stupid, Clark. Just...the whole idea. Kissing for a car."
Oh!!! She doesn't want to break his heart again. Not again!!!

"But this would solve your problem, wouldn't it?" Jimmy piped up, and only then did Lois remember he was sitting right there between them and she was practically standing on him. "Besides guys, I saw the article first. It was my idea, so I should be the one to help Lois win the car... Whoa." Jimmy came to his feet in a swift, abrupt motion, as if he were a puppet and someone had jerked his strings.

Lois raised a puzzled eyebrow in her partner's direction. Odd, how he appeared to be holding Jimmy by the collar. Clark was smiling, though, albeit through gritted teeth.
ROTFLMAO!!!

And then Perry and Jimmy's talk reminded me of the time in the show when they said to one another, "You know, it feels to me as if we are here just to advance their plot"!!!

Resigned, she shucked off the sweatshirt and picked up the battered copy of "War and Peace' from her bedside table. It was penance. She would bore herself to sleep, or quite possibly to death, whichever came first.
Do I have a ROTFLOL icon left? Anyway, once I bought 'War and Peace' at a sale, or I thought I bought it... when I came home, I saw that I had bought 'War and Peace, part III'.... (No, I never did read it.)

Anyway, Lois really is going to the kissing contest, and we all know who she is going to be kissing!

Oh, what a lovely story, Erin and CC!!!

Ann

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
I don't have time for lengthy feedback just now, but I wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying this. (Of course, you could both post your grocery lists and I'd stand in line to read them smile ) This is a fun premise and is set at a very interesting time in L&C's relationship - one that the show didn't explore nearly enough, IMO. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

Best,

Caroline

Top Banana
Top Banana
it's almost like they're 2nd string characters that exist only to advance the plot of the hero and heroine.
lol BJ!

But anyway, this chapter was so good! It's really psyching me up for the rest of the story. laugh I can't wait for the actual kiss off. Having Clark be jealous of Jimmy was just perfect, I was laughing like crazy when Clark was trying to telepathically send all those messages. And my heart did this little (okay, HUGE) flutter when he worked up his nerve and said "Pick me."

I loved it and can't wait for more!

laugh Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There were way too many lines that I loved! Pulling in Jimmy and Perry to help was pretty smooth; I don't think I've read anything like that in a while. I can't wait for the next part!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you so much for your really great comments!! It's been so long since I've had anything on the boards, I'd forgotten how cool this is!

Erin has graciously taken on the task of posting this-- while I'm deeply involved in the task of... doing nothing. (It's a talent.) But I did want to address the 'Does Perry know?' issue, because, well, I like it.

I always try to write Perry as if he does know, but would never tell anyone, Clark included, and, in fact, hardly ever lets himself think about it too often. Purely for fun, I wanted this part to have a very vague-- just the whispering-- reference to that idea.

Now, as far as Perry and Jimmy being the secondary characters whose sole purpose is to further the plot, so true! In fact, after their scene together in this part, I left them in the office for all time. It was Erin who said, "Shouldn't we continue that thread throughout the story?"

And I said, "Oh. Yeah, you're right. Um... you do it!"

(Sort of like posting the Kiss Off.)

Thanks for reading! Thanks for being here! We truly appreciate every word!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just loved this part. Loved it. 'Nuff said. laugh

That, and I don't have time to write more. Sorry! I already commented on the third part (late on this one) and that took up time.

More for part four...promise!

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you, Anna!

We love that you loved it!

smile1
CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Erin and CC,

Sorry. I nagged you to post this story and I've not left FDK yet. I've eagerly devoured every new part but I've been unable to write anything. Shame on me. thumbsup

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm leaving fdbk as I read. I hope you don't mind.

This is deeeeelightful. I just love how Lois interprets the "kiss-off" in the wrong light. And how Jimmy sticks his foot in his mouth about how no one comes to mind that she might want to kiss. I thought that was "kind of funny" myself.

the words ‘Pick me. Pick me. Pick me’ seemed to have inserted themselves into his article.
Awww... Poor Clark. If I weren't so hopelessly, happily, giddily married I might kiss him.

Right in Clark’s old spot.

Sure, he hadn’t used it for a while, but...it was his spot.
You're darn tootin' that's his spot. He's a small-town kind of guy. In a small town, it takes more than a few months to lose a spot. Those things are sacred. They should be recognized by the community at large.

She would kiss anyone else. Anyone. Jimmy and his grin that ate Metropolis. Stan and his non-car repairing cussedness. Ralph and his obvious unfitness to be a member of the human race...or...ok. Not Ralph. Under no circumstances.
At least she hasn't lost her senses.

Perry White! James Olsen! You two best be behaving yourselves from now on.

If only Lois weren't quite so miserable and depressed...

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard