Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - still no good at the witty FDK lines wink .

I saw this - new Erin fic!!! was the first thing I thought when I saw who posted it. And to discover it was Erin and CC fic!!! WOOHOO!

I think I've got the timeline right - between S1 and S2 and she hasn't quite patched things up with both sides of Clark yet. [all these time hopping stories have me doubting my timelines from time to time though smile ].

I take it Lois got the red Jeep, they decided it wasn't worth fixing and then got the grey one...

I can't wait to read the rest of this. A daily [or more] posting schedule would be wonderful smile .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay!

I saw the DVD trailer for this a couple of days ago, so I am very excited to see this posted!

That Superman might tell Clark about the night she had basically offered herself to him.
That Clark might tell Superman about the day in the park he had basically offered himself to her.

That no one had gotten what they wanted.
That just packed a huge punch for me. What a killer way of looking back at that day/night.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
hyper Yippee! Thank you for posting, Erin. When someone mentioned this fic in another post, I was so hoping that either you or CC would publish the story here.

"No!" Her response was immediate and she bolted up straighter in her seat. "I want to be there to see his body language and hear his tones. Sorry to say, Clark, but you tend to give people the benefit of the doubt about their truthfulness..."

She glanced around at the unmoving vehicles in disgust, and then mentally rewound what she had just said. She squeezed her eyes closed for just a second. Which one of them was guilty of giving too much benefit of the doubt? Certainly not just Clark. She'd done her fair share of that in recent months.

Almost as if he had read her mind, his quiet answer, "I know, Lois," reached through the phone. "I understand."

She shook it off. Now was not the time.
I think that these lines do a great job of giving us the timeframe for the story. Clearly, Lois is still feeling 'off' due to her almost marriage to Luthor and the uncomfortable situations with Clark and Superman. An angsty time if ever there was one.
The slight movement sent a twinge through her lower back, and she massaged it lightly. Was she hurt? Should she move?
Uh, oh. She's going to be feeling that one tomorrow. If things aren't too weird between them, dare we hope that Clark will offer a back-rub? Please? grovel
That look, or rather, her interpretation of it, had caused her a lot of heartache. She would never be that stupid again. And though it had been a long while since they’d been face to face like this, she still wasn’t ready to see him or that look. Not now. Not yet.
I loved this. Clark really did dig his own grave where Lois was concerned. How else was she supposed to interpret his constant attention while in the suit, if not that she was special, that he liked, maybe even loved her?
The driver approached the officer immediately, gesturing to Lois as he went. "She caused this whole thing! I want her ticketed so her insurance company pays for my new car." He turned back and sneered at her. "Should have stayed home today, honey. Made yourself useful in the kitchen."

Lois gasped, and her mouth fell open in shock and disbelief. No words came. Anger, hot and searing, surged through her body, and before she knew what she was doing, she lunged. If nothing else, she was going to show him which one of them should have stayed home today.
mad Go ahead Lois, rip his heart out. I hate arrogant jerks like that...
"Oh...no." She closed her eyes and did a mental double-take. Red Land Cruiser. Red cape. She hadn’t matched them, had she? They weren’t really the same exact shade?

She turned once again to watch it being pulled out of sight, and to confirm what she already knew. "That’s...not good."
oh ... dear. I'm with Lois, that is definitely not good. Realizing the depth of her obsession for Superman so closely after being manipulated and fooled by the world's biggest criminal, can't be good for her ego.
And actually, now that she thought about it, she couldn’t remember the last time she *had* been in dire peril. It was almost as if, in the wake of Lex Luthor’s death, all the criminals in town were on vacation.
Or Lois has lost her edge and she's not out risking life and limb for her stories anymore.
"I’m sorry," she said to Clark, having some trouble of her own meeting his eyes.

He quirked a good-natured smile. "About?"

"You did all the work today." And he had. She’d been useless.

"Special circumstances," he said. "No problem."

In better times, he would have teased her. Reminded her how lucky she was to have him as a junior partner. That the hack from Nowheresville could come in handy on occasion. But not now. Not anymore.

"So, do you want me to stick around? Walk you home?"

"No." She didn’t. She wasn’t any more ready to be alone with Clark than she was to be with Superman. "I’ll be fine. See you in the morning."
frown So sad, so lonely. Clark's trying to be the friend that she needs, but she's just not ready for it.

Great story so far - please post part 2 soon.
BJ (who is hoping that the title of the story means that we can expect some smoochies soon wink )

Top Banana
Top Banana
I was so excited when I saw this was posted!!! The trailer really psyched me up for it. wink . But anyway, I can't wait to see what happens next, I read a lot of fics set mid-season 2, and I know there are a bunch that deal with the aftermath of the Lois/Luthor scenerio, but I, for some reason, tend to skip over them. So I'm looking forward to reading THIS. (That came out sounding odd... it was meant to be a compliment, lol.) But I thought it was so perfectly in character for Lois to freak out so much when she was driving and then I wanted to join Lois in socking black-Porshe man in the face! This fic promises to be so good! Can't wait for the next chapter. laugh

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Merriwether
Merriwether
This seems like it's very early season 2, am I right?

Thanks for posting.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice start ladies! Clark is there to support Lois and Superman is there to defend her and she doesn't even realize it.

Since you know that htere will be six parts, it must be finished, therefore, posting will be pretty regular and it wont fall off into the anbandoned story files! peep

Please keep it coming. I have enjoyed the beginning!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Her shiny red Toyota Land Cruiser was an impulse buy. Big, bold, loud, and statement-making. All the things she used to be and wanted to be again. But now, the Land Cruiser, smashed up and being driven away, ironically matched her life.
The soft voice made her jump, and she turned to see Superman approaching. The morning sun bounced off the red of his cape just as it had from her Toyota Land Cruiser minutes before.

"Oh...no." She closed her eyes and did a mental double-take. Red Land Cruiser. Red cape. She hadn't matched them, had she? They weren't really the same exact shade?
It was hard to quote from this delightful story, but I chose the quotes above. Lois is looking at the wreck and ruins of her life, symbolized by her smashed-up bright red Land Cruiser. A metaphor for her life. And then she realizes that her Land Cruiser is in fact Superman-colored, thereby symbolizing the hopeless hopes she'd nurtured that Superman would love her and share his life with her.

The Lois in your story is so... Lois. She is impulsive, driven, short-tempered, impatient.. and she is sad and depressed and forlorn. She's haunted by her Lex fiasco, and her Superman fiasco, and her Clark fiasco.

All she wanted was what she'd had. The life that had been hers--the work, the friendships, her partner--before she'd thrown it all away. She just wanted everything back the way it was before.

That wasn't too much to ask for, was it?
Oh, so selfish, so clear-sighted, so sad, so... so darlingly Lois!

And Clark is so sweet and concerned. He, too, wishes that he could have played things differently, I bet.

Please come back soon with more!

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard