Wow, thanks, LabRat, Pam, Blayne, Meni, Helga, Maria, Caroline, Barb, Anna, Claire, Jose, Tricia, Ursie, LoisLaneWannaBe, Isislnc, Merry, Kathy, Rivka, Missy, and Saskia.

I never thought this litte story would get such a response. It was an idea that I had when Annie and I were talking about the songs we like smile .

I love that song by Lonestar. If you have ever seen the music video for it different people are looking from the "front porch in" and they see what means most to them inside whether it be a spouse or family. Everytime I hear of it I think "Yeah, that relates to L&C"
Yeah, that was my exact reaction to the song smile . I hadn't seen the video because sometimes I forget that I have CMT (when I was at school, we didn't get CMT). Thanks for the link to the video, isislnc smile smile . I really loved it!

I am so glad you all liked the discriptions of the different scenic views Clark has seen in his life. It was a little hard for me because, since I don't fly, I've never been farther west than Chicago, farther east than the Atlantic Ocean, farther south than Florida or farther north than Toronto ie places I can drive to in <24 hours wink . So I relied on my reactions to pictures to write this story.

I am also glad that the ending was a bit of a surprise. For those that knew the song, maybe it wasn't exactly a surprise <g>.

are you assuming adoption or two cases of recessive genes popping up in your descriptions of the girls?
As I said on IRC, I purposely left that up to the readers to decide. I did have a thought on the subject, and I was leaning towards adoption, but I didn't want to push that thought on anyone. While *yes* it is *possible* for Lois and Clark to have a blonde haired child (Ellen was blonde IIRC) or a red-haird child (I believe Lara was red-haired), I think it's highly unlikely and even though I believe hair and eye color is a case of incomplete dominance (it's been a while since I took genetics), it is unlikely. Plus we really know almost nothing about Kryptonian genetics. However, I like to believe that they are very similiar to human genetics or else they wouldn't be able to mate at all.

But, as Rivka said, I do know someone whose parents were very dark (stereotypical Eastern European Jewish, actually, dark hair, dark eyes), who is blonde haired with blue eyes (actually people tell her she looks aryian). And her sister is exactly the same -- blonde hair blue eyes. So, it is *possible*.

So, I leave the decision of whether the children were adopted or actually Lois and Clark's biological children up to the reader. laugh

I am thinking about possibly writing sort of a companion piece from Lois's point of view, so watch for it smile .

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve