Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41664 04/08/07 02:25 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This was a fundraiser fic, but now it's a birthday fic -- happy birthday LCFICMBS!

These boards first officially opened on April 9th, 2003. Hard to believe it's been four years dizzy

And how do I remember that date? Well... <scuffing toe on rug> y'see, it's my twin's birthday, too wink Happy birthday Rivka!

I posted a little early, but I'm hoping to get lots of yummy feedback all day tomorrow. laugh

And, um, I sure hope you enjoyed the story!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Something like this only goes to show how Clark managed to do things the hard way with all kinds of complications thrown in for good measure.

Very waffy, Pam. Clark is his usual self(and lunkheaded doesn't even describe it, considering that he was going to tell her and then did an about face guaranteed to get him in trouble with her later for more mishandling of the truth) and Lois is being Lois at her best.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Oh, Pam! I love it! What a much better way to start ATAI, with Clark not being a lunkhead and Lois being, well, investigative! I really like this WAFFY sweet story.

"We can discredit anything he's got," she replied confidently. "Trust me, the idea that Superman is really a regular guy with a job is ridiculous. No one will believe it." Her voice turned heavily ironic. "Ask me how I know."
I really liked that line. It really captures the essence of Lois at that time.

She sighed. "Will you forgive me? Clark... it's taken us a long time to get here, and we both did stupid things along the way." She reached out to capture his hand, staring into his eyes. "All I really want to do now is get to know you again."

"Lois, you know me better than *anyone*."

She shook her head. "No, I don't know you at all, Clark. I mean, I know you as Clark, and I know you as Superman, but I need some time to, well, mesh the two together in my mind. Sort out what lies you've told me, and find out things you've hidden."

He flushed. "Lois, that was only--"

"I know, Clark." She squeezed his hand. "I know it was necessary to keep your secret. I really do understand that. And in the end, you did tell me. Sort of. But my point is... I don't really know you as well as I thought I did, and that's what I want to do -- spend time with the real you -- an ordinary guy who just happens to have superpowers."
And this captures the essence of Clark, a really ordinary guy with extraordinary abilities.

Very nice, Pam! Thank you!

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww, very sweet! I always wanted her to find out right then.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Pam! That was so cute!

"I know. And, well... I don't want to say yet that I love you. But..." Her smile turned more intimate. "I loved Superman, and I love Clark, so I'd say the odds are pretty good that I will love Clark-as-Superman."
That line... I really, really liked it. Especially the bit with the verb tenses. I think Lois just made Clark's wildest dreams come true with that tiny little "ed" on the end of love in the part with Superman! Perfect scene to put in ATAI. Wish they had done that themselves, though I suppose that might have ruined the plotline a bit... :p

Laura smile1

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
These boards first officially opened on April 9th, 2003. Hard to believe it's been four years [Dizzy]
Are you serious. goofy This is officially the second-longest activity in which I've ever participated.

Anyway, great twist having Lois hear all of Clark's practice speeches!

Have a happy birthday! laugh
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Aww! That was such a sweet revelation story! I really liked it!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So sweet, Pam. And so Clark! That scene when he's confessing to the photograph is great. Perfect idea to have Lois hear him!

But then Clark, the lunkhead - the super duper lunkhead - starts confessing for real, but then he backtracks and comes up with one more of his idiotic excuses!!!

But like Nan said, this story really showed us Lois at her best. These are some of my favoirte quotes from this fic:

"All I really want to do now is get to know you again."

"Lois, you know me better than *anyone*."

She shook her head. "No, I don't know you at all, Clark. I mean, I know you as Clark, and I know you as Superman, but I need some time to, well, mesh the two together in my mind. Sort out what lies you've told me, and find out things you've hidden."
That's telling him, Lois!

He laughed, and for the second time today said, "I love you."

"I know. And, well... I don't want to say yet that I love you. But..." Her smile turned more intimate. "I loved Superman, and I love Clark, so I'd say the odds are pretty good that I will love Clark-as-Superman."
Aaaaawww!!! sloppy

He leaned forward and kissed her -- a kiss full of promises. She put her hands on his chest and kissed him back.

When he pulled away, she had a dreamy smile. After a moment, though, she glanced at her watch. "But before we can do more of that--"

"We've got work to do. Right."

"Don't worry, Clark. We'll get him." She buttoned up her jacket and headed for the door.

He held it open for her. "With you on the case, I haven't got the slightest doubt of that."
Oh, so adorably Lois!!!

Great fic, Pam!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved this story. Short, succinct - able to be read in one sitting.

But that's not really why I loved it. I loved the way Lois' personality really came out, even when she was a little angry at Clark.

She seated herself on the couch.

Clark pivoted to follow her. "Lois, maybe you'd better, ah... sit down."

"Oh, yeah," she commented sardonically. How cliche can you get, Clark? "This is good news."
I also liked this bit:
And it looked like he was about to confess; that would start to make up for some of his more boneheaded moments.
The word 'boneheaded' especially. So Clark. So classic smile

Well done! I always like reading your stuff, Pam. laugh

I also liked the trailer for this one!

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Happy Birthday to the boards! Just popped in to say I love this story and I will be back later with more detailed FDK!

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OH yes, great.... purrrrrffeeecccttt

needs a sequel if you ask me...
just calms all of my anxt from that ep/

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey, and i just realised its my birthday too
(well in that i've been a member for 1 year, my real birthday is in november)

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! Pam!

<DJ tries to recover from waffy pool on the floor>

That was a lovely episode rewrite. Seriously, wonderful. Mmmmm! And everyone's mentioned it already, but I loved those verb tenses too. How nice that she lov'ed' Superman but she loves Clark. <g>

I hope I remembered to comment on this story in the DVD thread last spring - if I didn't, I apologize. I was still sort of a newbie. blush But I did read it way back then, and I just re-read it now... and loved it both times. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
NIce! Much better then the original. I even really like this Lois too! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww! that was excellent. smile Absolutely loved it!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
Yeah I LOVED it too!!!!!!!!
Really great story.

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Eep... I was so busy enjoying these comments I think I forgot to thank you for them! blush

Well, plus I was busy with *tons* of real-life stuff last week. Between me and my kids we've had 3 birthdays in the last ten days, so we've had various celebrations -- plus I got a job! smile I've been doing the job for eight months already, but only as a temp; as of today, I'm an official permanent employee. Yay, me! It's the first full-time permanent job I've had since 1997. So, anyway...

Thanks, Nan -- yes, that was certainly not one of Clark's brighter moments. It was fun writing Lois's internal reactions to "Waldo" & the rest. I wanted to reproduce the scene from the show but with a very new viewpoint, so it was fun describing their words & actions.

Mmouse, I'm glad you think I captured their personalities. That's the goal, but sometimes it's hard to know if I've gotten close enough.

Jackie, yeah, that was such a fun scene and she was *so* close to overhearing it...

Thanks for liking the verb tenses, Laura smile That's one of my favorite lines, too, I confess.

Yes, Jen, it's been four years. And I had a lovely birthday, thanks smile

Glad you liked it, symbolic!

You always leave lovely feedback, Ann -- thanks! And I do like writing "Lois rescues Clark" types of stories.

Anna, thanks for mentioning the trailer. I was terribly insecure about it.

Glad you liked it, Little Tornado, Beethovan, DJ (DJ, I can't remember if you gave feedback before, but regardless, I appreciate you giving some now smile ), Laura, Lara & Another Folc smile You guys are good for my ego.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
So sweet, Pam! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Columnist
Columnist
well Pam, you deserved it!! wink

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Nice one, Pammy. And how devilish you are to say, "It's my twin's birthday."

I imagine Lois would be much more forgiving if she knew that Clark intended to tell her.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard