Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
(Couldn't resist the title after Socrates' good work in this part. laugh )

*happy sigh* I nearly forgot how much fun this story is! Well, not forgot... I have fond memories of it, but they're more general-like. *cough* Anyway, what I'm meaning to say is that I read this entry over again and have something to say about it. smile1

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"Excellent question, my boy. You see, I have come to —"

"My boy?"

My tone of voice got through that time. "Er, sorry. Force of habit, you know, my... good man?"
I love H.G. Wells' consummate Britishness! (No... I couldn't find a better adjective.)

That raised my eyebrows. "And, uh, what do you think yer doing with us? Tipping us off in advance? Heck, getting the group together in the first place. Isn't that 'interfering with history'?"

"No, no. That's entirely different. You are here to help keep history on track."

"Uh-huh."

"Yes, very different," he said, nodding enthusiastically to himself. "Very different, indeed."
Yes, you see, my boy - eh, my good man - I have a small assignment for you.... goofy

"Well, that's good, then. I think we've covered the important things. So, Mr. Garrison, how do you find life down here in — Oh dear." He looked down. I followed his gaze. Socrates had noticed our visitor and become curious about the unusual fabric of his pants. "Oh my. Uhm, pardon me..." Wells continued to mutter in distressed tones as he struggled to free his pants leg from the pig's mouth. "Yes, well, if there's nothing else..."
Socrates the pig! rotflol How about giving him a pig friend? Socratesse? Plato?

Ann

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Hee! Wells doesn't ask much, does he? Just live in the sewers, give L&C anything they ask for, and make sure history happens exactly as it should. No big deal! laugh

You write Wells brilliantly, Paul, and continue to do a wonderful job of weaving together all these characters and plots. Can't wait to see what happens next. smile

Caroline

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woohoo! Just caught up! clap clap

"Welcome," he said grandly, "to the Fortress of Sewertude."
*groan!* Somehow, this line from part 1 is what really convinces me that Paul wrote it. wink

Socrates came back. He gave me a wide berth, as usual, but then I slipped him a few scraps from the remnants of my now cold dinner. He seemed surprised, but wasn't about to complain. "Good pig."
rotflol

LOL! Poor Herb! laugh

More please! smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, guys! smile

Glad to hear you enjoyed Wells and his Britishness. I had fun with him. laugh

(And no, he doesn't ask for much, does he? laugh )

Socrates the pig! [Rotflol] How about giving him a pig friend? Socratesse? Plato?
I can't claim credit for that. Socrates the pig was the Smart Kids' pet/mascot in the ep. There are only two characters in the story (IIRC) that I've named myself. Gina was referred to in the ep (it was mentioned that Aymee and Inez had an estranged mother that they were going to try to get to know better) but not named. The other one appears later in the story. Another character who had a cameo in a certain episode but was never actually named in the series.

Oh, and hey... lol! Love the new sig, Mary! thumbsup

Anyway, I should get going, but I will take the time to put up Part 4 first.

Thanks again to everyone who commented!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard