Next Thread
Print Thread
#41410 04/04/07 04:44 AM
C
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
C
I'm still really enjoying this, Nan. I'm glad Lois got around to wondering what happened to the "real" Lois Luthor; it sounds like, if she hasn't quite put all the pieces together yet, she's at least on the right track. I'm so glad she was able to get a message to Clark, too, and hope they'll be able to actually talk soon.

I was giggling as she was aggravating "Speedy", who richly deserved it, of course, and I loved the swinging scene! Speedy must have thought Mrs. Luthor had lost her mind at that point. (And Robert Louis Stevenson! We love him around here. smile My kids memorized that poem along with several others of his when they were in kindergarten, I think.)

I'm excited to read the next part and delighted by the frequent posting. Thank you!

Caroline

#41411 04/04/07 07:08 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooo, I like where this is going. Thanks for the quick postings, Nan.
Suppose, then, that someone had found a way to accomplish this weird kind of time travel, and suppose that somebody, or someone who knew what he had found, wanted very much to get rid of Lois Lane without killing her and having the inconvenience of a body to deal with -- and maybe as a cruel joke into the bargain.
Wow, I like this Lois. She's pegged Tempus' character and motives and has never met him before (that she can remember). Very cool.

For the first time, she wondered if the watch, lying on the dresser, and the elegant shoulder bag hanging from the coat tree might have been left there by design. Could her disappearance have been planned by Lois Luthor, herself? If Lois was right, her counterpart had left behind everything that could possibly be a tracking device. The watch, the compact, the cell phone and who knew what else?

The thought was a new one, and she tried to consider it dispassionately. Was it possible that Lex Luthor's wife had discovered something about her husband, and as a consequence had decided to disappear? What could she have discovered?
Oh, I loved this. Lois wondering about how much her alternate's self knows. Now I want to know if Mrs. Luthor has replaced Lois in her dimension or if she's really hiding out in her own world. Can't wait to find out.
"Then that concludes our business for the evening," Lex said, pleasantly. "Now, as my wife is still recovering from her concussion, I'll need a substitute tonight."

"Of course," Mrs. Cox's voice said. There was silence for several seconds. Then Mrs. Cox's voice, sounding almost breathless. "It's been too long, Lex." Her voice trailed off into a faint moan.

Lois turned and walked away in disgust. For a short time she had wondered if perhaps the Lex of this strange world might be a better person than the Lex of her memories, but in the space of five minutes that small hope had been killed and buried. Lex was the same criminal here that he had been in her own world.
mad Ick! The depth of Luthor's depravity makes me shudder. Good for Lois' snooping - now she knows ... and a knowing Lois is a dangerous Lois, at least for Lex Luthor hyper Go Lois!

She gave a faint gasp of relief. "Mortie, it's Lois Lane -- Lois Luthor. I'm in trouble."

"Lois?" The surprise in Mortie's voice was quickly submerged by concern. "Are you all right?"
Hmmm. I'm wondering about his surprise. If Lois Luthor is still in her own world, would she have contacted Mortie too? Would he have known that she was already in hiding? Can't wait to find out. Hopefully, we get more Clark in the next chapter.
BJ

#41412 04/04/07 07:29 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Loved it Nan!! Can't wait to see what happens!

Oooo AND you're working on HOME!?!? Awesome!
Carol

#41413 04/04/07 09:12 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am loving this story smile1
Kate laugh

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
#41414 04/10/07 04:08 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Really enjoying the story, even if I am hopelessly behind.

Elisabeth
who is probably the only one concerned with the frequent postings

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard