Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Love this, Sammy smile

I enjoyed Jimmy's "gee, wow, it *glows*, let's pick it up and carry it around!" attitude goofy Great reflexes, Lois thumbsup

“Yes, indeed.” Lois grew cold. She knew that voice.
Yeah, so did I. Even before you said Tempus, I knew it was him.

Poor Clark... but it was fun seeing Lois argue with Tempus.

“Didn’t you listen in your Kent History class? A little thing called the Nightfall Asteroid escape your attention?”
Hee.

Okay, Tempus is gone for now, and Jimmy was unconscious, so he didn't hear a thing. Only... Jimmy's unconscious, Clark's not much better, and Dr. Baines's goons are on their way! Great cliffhanger wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lol, I too loved the arguing between Tempus and Lois. Go Lois! Way to combat the bad guy! And that was some fast thinking on Lois' part regarding the Kryptonite. But was Jimmy witness to all of that?

Oh wait. He was unconcious.

Good. smile

Poor Jimmy, lol.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh Excellent! I'm really enjoying this story!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Both Jimmy and Lois are so funny in this story. Funny in a good way. There are many things here taht make me smile:

Lois quickly picked the lock to the hangar where Dr. Baines had hidden the *real* Messenger and opened the door.

“I didn’t know you could do that,” Jimmy whispered, clearly in awe of her skill. <What can I say, Jimmy? You were a good teacher.> Too bad he hadn’t actually *taught* her yet.

“Are you kidding? Lois could get into any door in Metropolis,” Clark whispered back. He shook his head, thinking of all the times he had wished she had never learnt that particular skill.

“And you have no idea how that drives Clark crazy,” Lois whispered
Haha!

Clark immediately followed her. Lois *was* the more likely of the two to need his help, after all.
Clark knows his Lois.... laugh

Jimmy couldn’t help watching them as they left and was rewarded when Clark caught up to Lois. They immediately became joined at the hip. Jimmy grinned as he watched them move out of sight.
Love Jimmy watching them being unashamedly in love!

Jimmy had just started taking photos of the inside, when a strange glow caught his attention. Getting closer, he saw that it was some kind of crystalline rock which was glowing a fierce green. His eyes widened. He had never seen anything like this before in his life.

“Cool,” he breathed, a slow smile crossing his face as he reached out to take it. “The boys at STAR Labs will *love* this.”
So Jimmy! That glowing green crystal sure is cool!

Lois attacked the boxes on her desk. There was one box in particular that she’d had to pick the lock to open. And now she wished she hadn’t. It had been full to the brim with love letters from none other than Lex Luthor.
laugh

She was just closing the lid when Jimmy burst through the door. “Look what I found!” he exclaimed, holding out his prize, proudly.

<Kryptonite!> Lois didn’t even think about what she was doing. The box she was holding was dumped of its contents and the offending green meteorite shut inside before Clark even had a chance to slump against the cabinets. <Clark?> “This box *is* lead, right?” she asked him.

“Its okay, Lois,” he answered, reassuringly. “That box is definitely made of lead.”
Hah! Way to go, Lois!

“Okay, we have to get that rock to STAR Labs,” she said, going into full-babble mode. “Then we have to get that film developed and take all the photos showing the k-rock out and burn them. And make sure Dr. Platt and his family are still okay. And hope that Mr Wells brings that gizmo with him tonight so we can find Tempus.” She lowered her voice, realising that it was getting too loud. “And then we’re getting married again at the first available opportunity; after I’ve met your parents again.”
Love her list of things to do!

“Uh, guys, what’s so bad about this rock that you have to hide it in lead?” Jimmy asked, recalling them to his presence.

“Come on, Jimmy, think!” <Come on, *Lois*, think!>
So funny!!!

“The rock was *glowing* *green*. That *can’t* be good. It could be carcinogenic or something. What if it infected someone in this room?” Jimmy immediately held the box a little further away from himself and Lois mentally congratulated herself for a crisis temporarily diverted.
She fooled Jimmy....

I’d like you to meet kryptonite, Clark, a little souvenir from the home town.”
I'm never too fond of villains... but is this funny or what?

<If Tempus didn’t send us back in time and Mr Wells didn’t send us back in time, then who *did*?>
Curiouser and curiouser....

“Tempus, you don’t want to do this,” Lois pleaded.

“Yes I do. Goodbye, Superman. Goodbye, Utopia,” Tempus replied, reapplying the kryptonite to a near comatose Clark.
Wrong line of argument so far, Lois.

“No!” Lois’s imagination kicked into overdrive at the thought of a future without him. Then her eyes widened. There *would* be no future without him. “You can’t kill him! If you do, you’ll end the world! You won’t even be born!”

“Now, come on, Ms Lane, you don’t really expect me to believe that, do you?” Tempus scoffed.

“Didn’t you listen in your Kent History class? A little thing called the Nightfall Asteroid escape your attention?”
Hah! That's telling him!

And he had the horrid suspicion that he *had* heard of the Nightfall Asteroid, but he had been too full of plans to end Utopia to truly pay attention to the lesson.
It's never a good thing not to pay attention, Tempus. razz

With a wrench he pulled the kryptonite away from Clark. “Fine, I’ll let you live long enough to save the earth.” He opened his pocket time window and stepped through. He couldn’t help but give one parting shot. “See you in March.” Tempus laughed as he activated the window. The window vanished, leaving an eerie echo of his laughter on the wind.
Eh, like that cat from Alice in Wonderland - what was it called again? It disappeared, and only its smile remained.

Lois immediately ran to Clark. She sighed with relief to see that he was still breathing. Lois shook her head and muttered something about Tempus’ insanity. She sighed and looked around, noticing that Jimmy was still unconscious.

“Okay, not good,” Lois’ panic kicked into overdrive. < Dr. Baines and her muscle man will be here any minute!> She turned to Clark with hope. <...and he’s still unconscious.> “Come on, Clark. I can’t move you two out of here all by myself!” She spun in panic when the distinct sound of footsteps started heading in her direction.
Gaahh, what a place to leave us!

But what a funny story, Sam! clap

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I enjoyed Jimmy's "gee, wow, it *glows*, let's pick it up and carry it around!" attitude goofy
huh As if she doesn't give me enough *plot* bunnies.

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part! I just love watching them wander around in their past selves. Seems like they are still going to be caught and tied up, though! :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Shadow:
Great part! I just love watching them wander around in their past selves. Seems like they are still going to be caught and tied up, though! :p

JD
I guess so. And with the kryptonite exposure, Clark will send them into the puddle again... *lol* Or won't he, Sammy?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Olympe:
Originally posted by Shadow:

JD
I guess so. And with the kryptonite exposure, Clark will send them into the puddle again... *lol* Or won't he, Sammy?
Maybe. Maybe not. I should point out that they are two days earlier than the original timeline. The White Orchid Ball was on the Friday night. They didn't go to the hangar until the Monday night. This time 'round they went on the Saturday afternoon during Dr. Baines' tet-a-tet with Lex Luthor.

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, you've got me officially hooked. :p

Now where's the rest? grovel

~•~
Columnist
Columnist
thumbsup Great part!

That was pretty smart of Lois to remember the asteroid.

Can't wait for more!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Update soon, please grovel

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, time really flies when you're having fun. I really didn't realise I'd taken so long with part five. But Olympe has it right now and, barring any serious corrections needed, I'll hopefully be able to post the part tomorrow.

My excuses include:
- I had to go to the Easter Show last Friday.
- I've been sick and taken random days of the last three weeks off work.
- My video muse took the opportunity of my weakness to thwap my fic muse into insensibility and make three videos in a row. My fic muse spent two weeks in intensive care and only revived this past week. But my video muse is working on video number four as we speak.

But I'm hoping the next part is finished and Olympe lets me post. laugh

I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard