Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4098 07/04/03 09:10 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I actually don't have any major comments, but I just needed to start a thread so I can say YAY. I'm loving the plot advancements and looking forward to the next installment.

Jen hyper

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#4099 07/05/03 05:18 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I think that this instalment really illustrates the split in Lois' thinking that always drove everyone so insane when it came to this particular arc. Even though the events are different from the episode, Lois' confused conclusions are still there.

We see her being able to 'rationalize' Lex's marriage proposal as something 'positive' to her life even though she holds no real love for the man. Yet we also see her realization of how much Clark means to her and that she really wants and needs him in her life. Yet she still can't see how incompatable those two things are. And that's what drove all the gentle folcs crazy.

Here grief over the loss of Superman really needs to galvanize her thoughts regarding his warning about Lex. You show Lois thinking about his words but not coming to any conclusions regarding Lex. She does manage to confuse herself more about Clark, but she still refuses to look deeply at Lex. His 'wonderful' and 'supportive' fascade has her completely fooled. Something external has to happen for Lois to get a glimmer of the truth or all is lost.

Superman losing his powers could be considered a wham. But how it's utilized from this point on will be crucial.

Let's have some more.

Tank (who really needs to see some itelligent thought coming from Lois soon)

#4100 07/09/03 07:36 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
People were scurrying around the phone booth and he didn't want them to recognize his voice. He was calling from the phone booth because he didn't want to take the chance that the call could be traced back to his apartment.
/me blinks
Either this was added after I first read this part, or I was tireder the other day than I thought. wink I had a question about this, and there's the answer!

"Okay, okay! Um... here's a little test for ya, Mr. Supes. What's the doc's favorite animal?"
LOL!

"Oh, hi, Superman." There was a pause on the line, and then an incredulous, "Superman?"

" . . . Are you calling from the afterlife?"

"Please be Superman or I'm going to feel very stupid."

"Zipper? Superman uses zippers?"
help

Oh, and have I mentioned how much I love hard science in fics? jump

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard