Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#409 04/28/03 02:30 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mel, I didn't see a fbk thread for any of your stories. What happened did Wendy lend you her muse for the night?<g> Keep em coming. Very cute shorts. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#410 04/28/03 03:05 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Laurach:
Hi Mel, I didn't see a fbk thread for any of your stories. What happened did Wendy lend you her muse for the night?<g> Keep em coming. Very cute shorts. laura
Ha, I thought I'd let other people start my FDK threads for those stories - sometimes it backfires to seem to be begging for it smile

LOL, these are VERY old stories that I first posted on Zoom's boards back in... 1999 I think. Figured that they were new to these boards and that the newbies might appreciate them. Yes, Wendy did lend me her muse for the first one (Moments of Illumination), and as I recall, she beta-read most of them, too. Could be wrong about that, tho, as it's been so long.

I'm also looking at my last, unfinished, LnC fic from that time, to see if I can finally finish it here. Oy, are those the shears I hear clicking in the background? I hope so - I need some motivation smile

Melisma (going back into hiding here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#411 04/28/03 11:49 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Mel, it's good to have you back. Your enthusiasim, and positive outlook have been missed.

I vaguely remember reading these stories way back when and I enjoyed them then, as I have in the reread now. If that unfinished story you mentioned is the one I'm thinking of, yes, you should definitely get cracking and finish it up.

Looking forward to seeing some new stuff from the too long absent Melisma.

Tank the Retired (who is glad that Mel has found herself some gainful, fullfilling employment, even if it is only a temporary post)

#412 04/29/03 04:36 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Mel,

Re: From The Beginning

This was so sweet! A true L&C 'moment'. smile

I loved this bit
In the trees, an older Clark pulled Lois into his arms. "They loved me
right from the start," he whispered, emotion making his voice husky.
It was just so Clark.

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#413 04/29/03 04:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Pranks for the Prankster was hilarious! rotflol I couldn't wait to see what you came up with when they were discussing the pranks. And I'll even go so far as to say the poor Clark shouldn't feel guilty in the slightest! :p

Enjoyed What REALLY Happened? as well. Loved the Chief's fishing spot. wink

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.

#414 04/29/03 11:20 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Melisma,
I enjoyed the reread of your stories.
merry

#415 04/29/03 11:24 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Aw thanks Tank, that means a lot coming from you!

Melisma (blushing under her Rock)

blush blush blush

- Yoda
#416 04/29/03 11:39 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Hey Loriel, haven't heard from you in a LONG time evil

Re From The Beginning. That was supposed to be my first nfic, but I chickened out - had HG interupt them when I couldn't make them do more than what they were doing eek

But I just so loved that particular scene from TF where Martha and Jonathan find the baby, and I wanted Clark to be able to share it with Lois, so...

Thanks smile

Melisma (under her Rock, wishing her muse would get going again)

sloppy

- Yoda
#417 04/29/03 11:41 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Ha, Pranks! That little throwaway... I keep wondering if there shouldn't be a sequel to it. Ya think? evil

Mel (going into hiding here under her Rock)

- Yoda
#418 04/29/03 11:46 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh wait, she made a comment about WRH, too... Glad you liked my little parable. Perry's fishing hole was a... um, um... last minute inspiration. Yeah, that's it smile

Um, waitasec... THREE post number 48s in a row? What a jip! mad grumble I'm supposed to be Merriweather by now...

Melisma (hoping she's reading the thing wrong, here under her Rock)

evil

- Yoda
#419 04/29/03 11:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The posts all show your current number of posts, no matter when you made them. And sometimes it takes a little while to update. smile Don't worry, you'll have Meriwether status in no time.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#420 04/29/03 11:48 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks, Merry smile

Your quiet, short, but *very* consistent feedbacking is always appreciated...

notworthy sloppy

Melisma (under her Rock, wondering if feedbacking is actually a word! smile )

- Yoda
#421 04/29/03 11:50 AM
Columnist
Columnist
LOL Pam, I've got it now, not to worry smile

Melisma (the Merriweather, grinning under her Rock)

smile1 smile1 smile1

dance dance dance

party

And oh yeah, it looks like this Meriweather can't even spell it - must be related to Lois somehow...

- Yoda
#422 04/29/03 12:46 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And oh yeah, it looks like this Meriweather can't even spell it - must be related to Lois somehow...
Actually...therein lies a tale. And I can only remember it vaguely. <g> Where's Elena when you need her - she was the one who made the discovery on irc the other day. wink

Anyway, El was trying to figure out just how exactly you spelled Meriweather. The script was no help - it spelled it at least two different ways. goofy

In surfing the net in an attempt to get it right once and for all, El actually stumbled on the fact that this is a very real journalism award. Named after a female reporter, no less. Which somewhat tickled us at the time.

El - you remember where that website was?

LabRat smile (who still thinks El should write the story of Elizabeth (?) Meriweather and Lois' fascination with her... wink )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#423 04/29/03 01:13 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Actually, Lab, I meant that the fact that I couldn't spell Meriweather must mean that I'm related to Lois somehow, not that the prize itself is related to Lois. Although it's a fascinating story, and yeah, I'd love to see a fic based on it smile

Melisma (diving back under her Rock to find out what else she can post a reply to today - and what's the next level called? Section Editor? Well, let's see how fast I can get there!)

evil evil

- Yoda
#424 04/29/03 09:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
First of all evil (Will email later. smile )

Ha, Pranks! That little throwaway... I keep wondering if there shouldn't be a sequel to it. Ya think?
I will never refuse fic!

Melisma (under her Rock, wishing her muse would get going again)
If it doesn't I'll just send my wildguy after her! That should motivate her! wink

Loriel (now Merriwether staus laugh )

#425 04/29/03 10:11 PM
Columnist
Columnist
peep

Actually, the Lois Haircut Challenge has caught my eye. Muse thinks she might have an idea, but hasn't told it to me yet... She's also been thinking about Truth or Consequences, as well as the No Time for Bedtime Stories vignette series. But hey, a Pranks II *would* be fun... We'll have to get ourselves organized and see what all we can come up with for all of these projects.

Not that we are neglecting our TNG sequel or our XFiles, SG1, Trek or JAG fics that have been perking for the last 7 months, either smile

Melisma (ducking under her Rock to avoid the tomatoes, and hoping against hope that she won't be so swamped next term with eight classes to teach - one from 9-10pm - that she will be too busy to write... Wildguy is *scary*!!!!! blush )

peep

- Yoda
#426 04/29/03 10:26 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
El - you remember where that website was?
Actually yes, I do. laugh

What I just realised, though, is that Meriwether is not her surname. :rolleyes:
[EDIT: or is it? confused Gilmer is definitely her husband's surname, but I wonder if Meriwether is a surname or a middle name. Having no middle names here in Italy I sometimes get a little bit confused. goofy ]

As Rat said, the script isn't clear about the spelling of Meriwether (once it's Meriweather and twice Meriwether, but never Merriwether). I'd always written it as Merriwether and wanted to keep it like that, but Pam said we should spell it as in the script with one "r".

Wanting to prove the Goddess wrong goofy , I did a search on Google using the keywords Meriwether and journalist but that backfired as one of the first results was Gilmer, Elizabeth Meriwether - (1870-1951), journalist.

You'll find the article here .

Elena smile

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
#427 04/29/03 11:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I believe Meriwether was her maiden name...

And if this is what you get when you try to prove me wrong... you should try more often <g>

PJ
who knew she was right

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#428 04/30/03 12:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is very fascinating. I hadn't even thought of this being something realistic. I did a little search myself and came across a site with some of her articles, very interesting stuff I must say. If you're interested, take a look here .

As to her name, I believe her maiden name is Meriweather and she put her husbands name after that later on. <shrugg> That's my idea on it.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard