Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40662 03/18/07 04:51 PM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
God, just when you think things are perfect...

Clark was a force she couldn't control.
That's pretty true... I had never really thought of it that way.

But man. This chapter was so emotional! But it felt so logical at the same time. It really was perfectly in character for both of them I think. When Clark said he loved her at the end my heart did that little twisting thing you always read about.

His hand moved from her shoulder to lightly brush the backs of his fingers over her cheek. "I love you, Lois."

She gasped and blinked, caught off guard by both the gesture and his words, spoken so softly but with such emotion.
*sigh*

smile It was super sweet and reminded me just how timeless their relationship is. Thanks for the post, it was well worth every second of the wait.

Laura smile1

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#40663 03/19/07 02:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, they were soooo close... and now they're in separate sleeping bags again. <sigh> Three steps forward, four steps back... but I guess life is like that sometimes, eh? Getting married *is* terrifying at times. It's a radical and fundamental life change, stepping out into the unknown. And I know I test my husband sometimes, still. I think of it as pushing on a brick wall. I push, but I don't *want* the wall to fall down -- either away from me (he gives up) or on top of me (he gets angry). I want that wall to be strong enough that I can lean against it sometimes, if I need to. Ya know? Yeah, I'm not sure my hubby gets it either, God bless him goofy

Um, anyway... I liked the discussion about her falling down the stairs and charging back up... not quite sure I get where he was going with that, but I liked it laugh But I guess, emotionally, they might both fall down the stairs again sometime. Maybe Clark's worried about his tendency to retreat and stay there in a heap at the foot of the stairs. Kind of like where he was at the beginning of this story...

Anyway, good section, and now I wanna see the next (last! whinging ) part....

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#40664 03/19/07 10:51 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Um, anyway... I liked the discussion about her falling down the stairs and charging back up... not quite sure I get where he was going with that, but I liked it
I think Sue means that Clark is fascinated by human will and their ability to overcome adversity despite their limited resources.

I'm currently in a Spartan phase and have just read Gates of Fire where the warrior Dienekes contemplates courage. smile

"Achilles, Homer tells us, possessed true andreia. But did he? Scion of an immortal mother, dipped as a babe in the waters of Styx, knowing himself to be save his heel invulnerable? Cowards would be rarer than feathers on fish if we all knew that."

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#40665 03/20/07 06:32 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Part of me wants to Aarrgghh! and the other part is commiserating with Lois. Getting married is huge, especially when your parents gave such a crappy example.
What had she been thinking? She had been so focused on getting Clark to see the implications of them being apart that she had failed to think about what would happen once they were together.
Loved this. It took me at least a week after my wedding day before the phrase "Oh, my God, we're married" stopped running through my head. blush

Loved the white-water rapids scene. I haven't done that since I was a teenager and I loved it. The Snake River has some fun spots. hyper

Lois sighed loudly to try and break the silence. She knew it was wrong for her to feel so trapped by the easy intimacy of the past few days. The way he had made love to her was everything she had ever wanted. Clark would do anything for her - she knew that. Would she do anything for him? Was she just getting cold feet over the whole commitment thing? Was that her problem?
That whole vulnerability thing that comes with loving someone else sucks, eh?

Oh, and LOL at Lois falling into the river. rotflol

BJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard