Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
C
rotflol I'm stitches over Lois knocking Scardino out. Hopefully now he will get in his jelly of a brain that Lois is off limits!

Poor Lois hope they find a solution for he memory loss ASAP. DJ you better come back now with the rest!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
OMG, she forgot it all! How sad. Poor Clark makes one stupid, ok idiotic, mistake and his whole life is turned upside down. I'm really feeling bad for him this time, even worse then for Lois. Yay for hitting Scardino. That was great!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For a sec, I thought it was Clark getting hit over the head. *lol* (until the *thud* anyway, there wouldn't have been one, then...) Of course I couldn't help but notice the other comments and I know it's Dan now (*YAY* he deserved it!) but anyway...

Lois looked down at the man she had hit over the head. Who was this lunatic?
Wait a second! She doesn't know it's Dan? She would recognize him, no?

Lois lowered the candlestick sheepishly as she replied, “Yeah, I’m okay.” Then her mind did a double-take – had he just called her ‘honey’? She was caught even more by surprise when he took her in his arms.
GASP! Don't tell me she doesn't remember that Clark is Superman, now? Dammit... now I'm scared that most of her mind is gone or something. Noooo!!!!

And... a suit? Really? Who knew? She was learning so much about him this morning.
Oh crap....

“Yo... you fake... backstabbing... liar! You’re... you’re...”
Nooooo!!!!! *cries* Poor Clark. frown Come over to my story, Clark... Lois remembers you over there. She's mad at you over there as well, but she's *this close* to forgiving you.... (and then you can make out. ...and things... *lol*)

“What do you mean what did he do to me? He broke into my apartment. He was going to attack me! Excuse me for not taking the time to interview the guy first. What did you expect me to do?”
LOL!! Excellent! smile

“What?” Dan asked, looking for all the world like a lost puppy.
Lost puppy... Really makes me wish he hadn't been found! Then again, I'd freak out if I saw his face on the milk container one morning... *lol*

“Oh, Clark! I’m so sorry.” She reached up and laid her hand across his hand on her shoulder and gave it a soft squeeze. “The last thing I remember clearly is... Mayson... she died last night.”
Oh, dear God. frown Poor Lois. Poor Clark!!! *hugs both* (but kinda lingers a little longer on him, there...)

He looked down at the plate. There was something still on it. Was that honey? She must have gotten hungry after he left last night. Where did she keep her scrub brush? It would take more than just water to get that off. Maybe he could soak it? He was just about to turn on the water when he heard her mumbling.
Saved by the mumbling!! Dang it, Clark, don't destroy the evidence!!!

The ring on her hand sent a nervous excitement through her. Was she engaged to Superman?
Yeah... and you really have NO idea how jealous the rest of us are! Mind you, I'd rather have Clark, but obviously, since Superman comes with, well... I'd take him, too. *shrugs* (ROFL)

Ask me anything
*dreamy sigh* - too bad he doesn't mean it the same way when he's in her appartment as he did the other day, during the snow storm. Oh, wait, that's another story, isn't it? OMG! There was honey in my tea? Oh no! Maybe I ingested some of the drug, too? Ahhh!!! Help!

(I'm on pain meds... can you tell?)

I will always be here for you.
That one just makes me melt. smile Totally, melt.

*dreamy sigh*

Something told her she had a good fifty revelations left to go
*dies of laughter* Excellent!! jump

Loved it! Cried, of course... I can't wait to see the next part. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
First of all, I'm really enjoying your story! And after reading all parts I have to leave some FDK.

Knocking Dan down... YAY - Great Lois thumbsup

“The last thing I remember clearly is... Mayson... she died last night.”
omg and Lois lost now 6 month... has that now anything to do with Mayson's death or with the "first real kiss" with clark?
Poor Clark, he has to exlplain everything again.

The journal wasn’t there, and neither was the Nirvana sample or Dr. Klein’s notes. Whoever the thief had been, he had known what he was looking for – and he had taken them.
oh no! hyper
Barb

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
She stared at the leg of the table in front of her – it had a few scratches on it where she’d been a little too liberal with her broom and dustpan. Lois scowled – obviously that had been a while back. She really needed to get down to this level more often, the dust bunnies were atrocious.
Gaaahhhh - a couple of weeks ago I skipped my weekly vacuum-cleaning, and the next week, aaargggh, the dust bunnies.... (It's easy to identify with Lois, but not with neat-and-tidy-charming-and-witty-handsome-and-perfect-in-every-way Clark, isn't it?)

A man was breaking into her apartment!

There was a dark-haired man climbing through her living room window. Lois glanced around her bedroom and her eyes fell on the bulky crystal candlestick on her dresser. She picked it up and hefted its solid weight in her hand before holding it slightly over her head in an attack position.

She peered back out her doorway. The man had made it inside her apartment and was looking around cautiously. “Lois?” the man called out. Lois frowned – he actually had the gall to try and lure her back into the living room? What had he come back for?

Bring it on, she thought at him.

She stepped back into the shadows and patiently held her ground as he made his way through her living room towards her bedroom door. When he was close enough that she could hear his breathing, she jumped out from her hiding spot with a triumphant yell and brought the candlestick down hard – smacking him across the head with it.

“Lo...” was all the man managed to say before falling to the floor with a heavy thud.
Oh, wow! Never let it be said that Lois Lane doesn't know how to defend herself!

She hurried into the next room to see Superman standing there.

“Lois? Honey, are you okay?” he asked as he came towards her.

Lois lowered the candlestick sheepishly as she replied, “Yeah, I’m okay.” Then her mind did a double-take – had he just called her ‘honey’? She was caught even more by surprise when he took her in his arms.
Oh no noooo!!! She doesn't remember that Superman is Clark Kent, and certainly not that she has agreed to marry him!

Clark eased the candlestick out of her grasp, setting it on the floor, and then took hold of her shoulders, pulling her to him again just to feel her body against his. “I’m glad you’re okay. Sorry it took me so long.”

Took him so long? He had gotten here mere seconds after she had yelled. That was a pretty prompt response if you asked her. She was going to mention that when all her thought processes were brought to an abrupt halt by his lips.
Oh, wow - poor Lois, but I can't help that I think it's funny too....

She felt his breath against her neck just a fraction of a second before his mouth pressed tenderly against her skin, his lips moving in a fluttering kiss that sent a spike of heat straight through her. His arms tightened around her as his lips moved along her throat. Oh god, it was a thousand dreams come true. If she had known that Superman was going to show up here this morning and do *this*, she would have worn some better pajamas.
Oh, so sweet and funny! Ahh, her self-consciousness about her pyjamas.... razz

“How? I just... can’t believe it.” How had this happened? A feeling of panic was threatening to overwhelm her and she could feel tears trying to start in her eyes.

No. No, she wasn’t going to cry. Especially not in front of Clark... or Superman, for that matter. She pushed a plate out of the way on her table and laid her head down on her arm, trying to conceal her face until she could get herself under control.
Oh poor, poor, poor Lois. mecry

Clark picked the plate up out of her way and took it over to her sink. After things settled down, he should help her clean up her apartment. He looked down at the plate. There was something still on it. Was that honey? She must have gotten hungry after he left last night. Where did she keep her scrub brush? It would take more than just water to get that off. Maybe he could soak it?
No no no no nooooo!!!!!

He was just about to turn on the water when he heard her mumbling.
Phew! Saved by the mumbling, like somebody already pointed out. Would you please be a little forgetful and not so excessively neat this time, Clark?

Lois felt Clark’s hands settle lightly on her shoulders. She fought the urge to shrug them away. Superman, she thought. All this time, Clark was Superman. At what point had he told her? Obviously they were still dating... or something. The ring on her hand sent a nervous excitement through her. Was she engaged to Superman? His hands began to softly knead the tension from her shoulders and she gave in to the sensation. She turned her head to look up at him. She could see his apprehension - he wore it plainly on his face.
Great paragraph. You write the respective fears of Lois and Clark so very well. And in this situation, all they can really do is reach out to one another. Lovely.

“So you told me you were Superman and then you proposed?”

Clark’s face seem to pale just slightly. “Not exactly.” He swallowed. “It was more like you figured it out. When I asked you to marry me, you asked me who was asking.”
Well, I'm really glad he's being honest with her.

Her eyebrows shot up. “Clark! You asked me to marry you without my knowing the truth?” She jumped up out of her chair and walked a few paces away from him. “How could you do that?”
Very good question....

He wanted to follow her. He wanted to hold her in his arms and tell her how sorry he was about everything. Tell her how they had moved past all of this and she had forgiven him.
I wish he had done that.

You wanted to be my wife, he thought to himself. For just a little while you were mine.
You know what, DJ and Sue? I feel sorry for Clark here.

“Clark?” she asked as he went to the door. “It is Clark, isn’t it? I mean...”

“It’s Clark,” he answered, giving her a sad smile.
*sniffle*

The tears she had held back suddenly reappeared. What had happened between them in those missing six months? The kiss he had given her at the window and the ring on her finger made her mourn for the moments she had lost. He was her best friend, but now he was obviously more than that and she had no clue how to get those memories back.
mecry

"You said Superman froze me?"

His eyes closed briefly. "Yes. In fact, that's when you figured out that I was Superman. I touched your cheek just before I froze you."

"Show me."

Clark swallowed and then stepped closer to her, reaching out to cup her cheek in his hand. "Like this," he whispered.

Her hand reached up to cover his and, for just a second, Lois felt an almost overwhelming sensation of love and fear and hope.
Oh, so, so beautiful.... (That gesture of his, when he cups her cheek, is absolutely exquisitely tender and adorable.)

"You said someone had kidnapped your parents?"

"They're fine." His thumb slid across her cheekbone, wiping away the tear that had slipped loose. "You helped save them."

Her bottom lip trembled and she closed her eyes. "I don't remember."

"I do," he said in a fierce whisper. "I'll never forget how brave you were."
I love it.

Her eyes opened and met his. They were his eyes – Superman’s and Clark’s. They had such tenderness and love in them. Lois held back more tears. She might have been brave then, but she was scared to death now. “Clark, I’m scared.” She closed the distance between them hesitantly – torn between her confusion and her need to feel safe... in his arms.

“I know. Me too,” he whispered. Clark couldn’t fight the desire to hold her any longer. He slid his hand from her face to the back of her of her head, drawing her to him as he slid his other arm around her waist. “But I won’t let anything happen to you. I’m here for you, Lois. I will always be here for you.”

Lois let him hold her, snuggling a little closer to him as she realized what he said was the truth. Even if nothing else made sense, she knew she could trust in that feeling. She had always turned to Clark and he had always been there for her.
Whatever else she might have forgotten, she remembers that she has always felt so safe with Clark, as Sue pointed out recently in Platonic. I'm so glad they finally embraced.

Something told her she had a good fifty revelations left to go – maybe more – before she really understood what had happened in her life.
Like somebody already pointed out, that's perfect!

Great chapter, DJ and Sue! Let's hope nothing nasty will happen to Lois now that Clark left her alone....

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I have a few tears in my eyes right now... I don't know if I like you two women right now very much. mecry

The real question here is... did Lois mention he was Superman in her journal?

Ahhhh!! such a frustrating situation right now. To have been so close to an answer and to not get it and have her regress further. mecry

(P.S. Of course I still adore you guys... but I have to express my sadness somehow ^_~)

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Haha. Loved Scardino getting his butt kicked by Action!Lois. 'Yeah, let me just get into her room and check on her.' Way to go, doof.

I'm still following the story smile . I owe you guys fdk on the other parts, since I came back at the end of Jan I lost my place and now I'm trying to catch up (which means reading out of order and being generally lost). But yeah back to the chapter at hand, it's so sad that they seemed so close to really getting everything solved last part only to have her memory stand in the way.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
hyper

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
She really needed to get down to this level more often, the dust bunnies were atrocious.
LOL!

Bring it on, she thought at him.
clap

If she had known that Superman was going to show up here this morning and do *this*, she would have worn some better pajamas.
I realized a bit ago that Lois must have lost more of her memory, but I still can't help laughing at this!

Lois let out a small gasp. He was going to take the suit off? Oh. My. God! A small part of her mind wondered why, but it was quickly overcome by the part of her brain that simply didn’t care.
this too smile

I almost - almost - feel sorry for Dan.

She had hit a government official over the head and knocked him unconscious? Wonderful! She was in so much trouble. Assault with a deadly weapon... well, a candlestick wasn’t exactly a deadly weapon.
<snort> Yes, Dan is goverment agent, but I think she'd have a hard time finding anyone who'd blame her for beating him up! He needs it on occasion. laugh

You wanted to be my wife, he thought to himself. For just a little while you were mine.
Awwww! <sniffle>

I can't believe you did this, girls! I'm gonna cry. But, damn, this was a good chapter.

I know I started out this story really mad at Clark. But now I just feel so badly for him. No one deserves to be returned to the hardest moments with their loved one, those moments in which you aren't sure that love will triumph, over and over.

She's not gonna forget she ever met Clark and Superman, is she?
OMG! OMG! DJ! Sue! Please, please tell me that Sam's guess isn't correct!!!!

P.S. Lara, you crack me up, girlie! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You are evil.

Teh evil.

*Chases Sue and DJ all over the room with a cricket bat*

EVIL, D’YA HEAR ME?! Why, when I get my hands on you two…!!! dance wildguy *shakes scepter at you threateningly*

Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This was actually quite a fun instalment.

Poor Lois, having someone break in and inject her with more of the drug that's been scrambling her brain. Now she's lost even more time.

It was amusing, though, to see her stumbling through a situation that she had no way to understand. You played it out quite well.

It seems that Lois has now forgotten her Eureka moment, and is now even beyond square one in her battle to regain her memories.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who finds it hard to believe that Lois didn't notice that her hair had been cut short)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Merriwether
Merriwether
Future warning for all intruder's in Lois apartment, friendly or otherwise. If you want to survive, either be Kryptonian or wear a hardhat.

Lois forgetting she knows Clark *or* Superman? Wouldn't that be something. A man flying in her window and kissing her. Would she be offended or too shocked to care?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Apologies for the lateness of my reply! Oooooh, but such exciting fdk! Yay!

Crazy_Babe! I'm so excited to see you. I didn't realize you were following the story. Yay! Thank you so much for that fdk. I'm not yet sure when part 20 will be posted. Hopefully, if things go well, sometime this weekend.

Hi Jackie! If we were able to get any of you FoLCs to feel more sorry for Clark than Lois (after everything we've gone through in this fic) then I think that's a real accomplishment. goofy But yes, poor Clark. <me pats> I'm glad you liked Scardino getting knocked unconscious - pretty funny stuff, if I do say so myself. Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Lara! Hah! Well I suppose if Lois really did forget who Clark was, she just might whop him upside the head too. goofy

That cupping of the cheek thing... that was all Sue. <me hugs> Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the "fifty revelations" part. <g> I just had to find a way to sneak that in somewhere. Thanks so much Ann.

Oh, Jojo! <DJ pats Jojo> Poor thing! Here, here's a tissue <DJ passes a tissue> You know... I just don't know <g> Did she mention he was Superman in there? Do they even have the journal?

Whew! So glad you still adore us... I was worried for a sec. Thanks for the fdk, Jojo!

Hi Alcyone! Action!Lois - hee hee - glad you enjoyed that. And for some reason your use of the word "doof" completely cracked me up. I had to LOL. I'm glad you're back with us again and thanks so much for the fdk!

Oooooh! SamEggert! That would be really evil, wouldn't it? <whistles innocently...> You don't really expect me to give anything away, one way or the other, do you? Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Lisa!!! I'm glad we were able to make you laugh. <g> Ooooh, and "almost feel sorry for Dan" -- hee hee.

I can't believe you did this, girls! I'm gonna cry. But, damn, this was a good chapter.

I know I started out this story really mad at Clark. But now I just feel so badly for him. No one deserves to be returned to the hardest moments with their loved one, those moments in which you aren't sure that love will triumph, over and over.
Awwwww! Thank you Lisa. Like I said before, it's such an accomplishment when you can start someone out absolutely furious at a character and move them to the point that they feel bad for that character and truly feel their pain. Yay!

No. No admissions or declinations from me about anyone's guesses... I'll just let everyone stew about it until the next post. <g> Thanks for the fdk!!

Hi Hasini! WOW! Just look at all that fdk. But ack! A cricket bat!? <DJ waves at Sue... RUN, SUE, RUN! Save yourself!!!> Hee hee....

Hasini - you can never be too paranoid... trust me. <g> I'm so glad you enjoyed that one whole long section. And the words Genius, Inspired, and Classic, totally made my day. <g>

Ack! I don't want to be responsible for anyone throwing any scenes out the window in the fics they are working on... a lot of ideas can be done, and redone, and done again. <g>

Your next line "IlovethisficIlovethisfic..." cracked me up and made me blush. Thank you!

Medical bills? Would a bandaid help? I'm just a poor writer you know. <g>

Again, glad everyone enjoyed the "Danbashing". <g> But I do find it funny that you were able to feel bad for him. Hee hee. You love the fic but you hate us? Ack!!! Well... at least you still love the fic... that's the main thing. <g> But this line:

Oh, my poor Clarkie! What are the bad, bad ladies doing to you?
Totally made me LOL - and snort! Cracked me up!

India's missile defense system?.... <DJ makes notes in her secret notebook - Hasini, possible secret agent...> laugh

*saves to hard-drive for future plagiarism*
ROTFL - well, mom always said that imitation was the highest form of flattery. <g>

Yes, most likely five more chapters. You're crying? At 5!? I could have said 3... or 2... wouldn't that be worse? <g> Oh dear, if it's not a cricket bat, it's a scepter. <RUN SUE!>

Hee hee - thanks for the fdk Hasini!

Tank!!! Hello there! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

It was amusing, though, to see her stumbling through a situation that she had no way to understand. You played it out quite well.
Ooooh, what a compliment. Thank you very much. When I first started this installment, I kept telling Sue how nervous I was to try and go from writing a 3rd season Lois with amnesia who had just gotten engaged...back to writing a 2nd season Lois who didn't even know Clark was Superman yet. Eeeek! I told her she'd have to help me stay on target...and she did. <g>

Oh, and in reply to your comment about finding it hard to believe Lois didn't notice her hair... Give the poor girl a minute to take everything in, would ya? <g> She had a lot to digest in those first few moments...

Thanks so much for the fdk!!!

Hi AnKS! <g> Thank you for the WOW! Glad you enjoyed it.

Hi Woody! <snort> Yes, Lois is not someone you want to break in on, is she? <g> And LOL at the thought of Lois forgetting who Superman/Clark is *completely* and him flying in her window and kissing her - the scene I had in my head of that was way too hilarious...

Thank you all so much for all your wonderful and generous comments. I loved them all! We'll see you back for part 20 real soon.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, I'm being harassed today! You wouldn't believe the pressure, the pouting, the taunts of "liar, liar" that my dear, sweet co-author has been heaping on me to get me to say something in this thread.

I'll confess - it's *DJ's* story. I just have the best beta job in the world because instead of just suggesting changes, I get to full-out make them. So, in a somewhat half-a$$ed fashion, I have "co-written" this story. It works like this. DJ sends me a part. I go through it and get really mean, leaving red everywhere as I make snarky comments (most of them unprintable), change a word or two or argue over whether a crystal candlestick would shatter if you hit someone with it. (DJ assures me that it wouldn't and I'm too afraid to ask how she knows that for sure.)

My point? Because I did have one... I feel guilty answering the FDK for this story because, with a few exceptions, the words aren't mine. The story is hers. Back in the planning stages my contribution to this specific part consisted of suggesting how funny it would be if Lois were to get up one morning and, instead of tripping over the plant, she trips over Dan's unconscious body and has no idea who he is or how he got there. So you can see, that got changed a lot in the interim. Most of my suggestions plot-wise ended up that way. (Which would go a long ways towards explaining why I sometimes get so mean with my edits.... <evil laugh>).

So I'll answer for the parts that I can identify as what I contributed.

The ring on her hand sent a nervous excitement through her. Was she engaged to Superman? Heh. No explanations necessary, Lara. We all wish it for ourselves.

You wanted to be my wife, he thought to himself. For just a little while you were mine. Yeah, I loved that bit. Glad I could soften even Ann's heart in regards to Clark (aka "that lying SOB").

Woody - I love, love, LOVE the idea of Lois not knowing either of Clark's personas and him flying in her window. I'll get back to you on that one...

DJ's right. Those final paragraphs were both of us. <sniffle> DJ, you complete me.

That awesome line at the end about 50 revelations left to go? Not mine. All DJ. She rocks!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Where do I start?

“Really, Superman, I’m okay,” she weakly assured him, her mouth finding the audacity to brush against his when his head lifted.
No. confused

Lois’s heart fluttered erratically at the low tone of his voice and the unmistakable gleam in his eye. Superman was coming on to her.
No! smile1

“Geez, Lois, a plunger’s one thing – what are you trying to do, kill me?”
hyper It's DAN! Yippee! Couldn't happen to a better guy!!!! hyper

Ok, the rest was dealing with things which was great too, but I really hated/liked the first part.

Though I think Henderson should yell at Clark for touching the evidence of the memory box!

Personally, I think that large doses of the drug messes with your memory and smaller doses brings it back slowly.

James, who snuck in and am posting this while my muse is changing a diaper...Whoops, got a run.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yikes! It looks like your entire chapter has been already quoted back to you, and I feel sort of silly for leaving such a short note, but I just wanted to let you know that I loved the chapter! There's not much for me to say that hasn't already been said, but I'll add in. This chapter was amazing. smile

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
“Lo...” was all the man managed to say before falling to the floor with a heavy thud.
I thought it was Clark right up to the moment e hit the floor.

“Really, Superman, I’m okay,” she weakly assured him, her mouth finding the audacity to brush against his when his head lifted.

Clark gave himself over to her lips and was about to respond with a kiss of his own when he realized what she had just said. Had she just called him Superman?
It makes me nervous how cavalier they are being about the CK=SM thing in front of an unknown intruder.

The spinning abruptly stopped and Lois stood there, her mouth gaped open, as Clark put on his glasses and smiled at her. She finally found her voice after a couple of seconds. “Y... yo...” She backed up a few steps, moving into her kitchen. How could he have hidden this from her? How could she have been so stupid not to have figured it out before? How could he have kissed her like that? He had been so... familiar with her, so different from the last hesitant kiss he had given her. “Yo... you fake... backstabbing... liar! You’re... you’re...”
Surprised me again.

Just then, the man’s eyes opened and he winced as he looked up at Lois. “Geez, Lois, a plunger’s one thing – what are you trying to do, kill me?”

“How do you know my name?” she asked warily.

The two men exchanged worried glances. “What were you doing here, Dan?” Clark asked her attacker. Lois did a double-take. Did he just call him Dan? Clark knew this man?
This is right up there with "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." You would think Dan would have learned his lesson the last time.

Lois gaped. A DEA agent? She had hit a government official over the head and knocked him unconscious? Wonderful! She was in so much trouble. Assault with a deadly weapon... well, a candlestick wasn’t exactly a deadly weapon. Maybe they’d get her on assault with deadly intent...
Nice of you gals to insert a little humor in your oh-my-it's-bad scene.

“Dan, I’m going to take Lois to see Dr. Peterson about why she’s had this memory relapse. Why don’t you head down to the police precinct and inform Henderson about the break-in at your hotel and the break-in here? We’ll meet back up with you at the Planet later.”
Bad boy. Don't do it. Step away from the whack-job quackpot doctor.

“I understand if you’re upset.” He dropped his voice a little and bit back the sorrow that had overtaken him. “And I’ll understand if you want to give me the ring back.” Clark walked over to her and took her left hand in his. “But please believe me when I say that you chose to put it on.”

This is so sad.

“Clark?” she asked as he went to the door. “It is Clark, isn’t it? I mean...”

“It’s Clark,” he answered, giving her a sad smile.

The tears she had held back suddenly reappeared. What had happened between them in those missing six months? The kiss he had given her at the window and the ring on her finger made her mourn for the moments she had lost. He was her best friend, but now he was obviously more than that and she had no clue how to get those memories back.

Suddenly she didn't want him to leave. What else might she forget before she saw him again?
Poignant. Bittersweet.

Her eyes opened and met his. They were his eyes – Superman’s and Clark’s. They had such tenderness and love in them. Lois held back more tears. She might have been brave then, but she was scared to death now. “Clark, I’m scared.” She closed the distance between them hesitantly – torn between her confusion and her need to feel safe... in his arms.

“I know. Me too,” he whispered. Clark couldn’t fight the desire to hold her any longer. He slid his hand from her face to the back of her of her head, drawing her to him as he slid his other arm around her waist. “But I won’t let anything happen to you. I’m here for you, Lois. I will always be here for you.”

Lois let him hold her, snuggling a little closer to him as she realized what he said was the truth. Even if nothing else made sense, she knew she could trust in that feeling. She had always turned to Clark and he had always been there for her. "I know. It's the weirdest thing, but I still trust you."
The emotions you right are so true.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh MAN!

I have to admit, I'm a little slow. :p I didn't even catch on about Lois' memory until she freaked out over Clark's change of clothes. I was too worried about Superman and all this 'honey are you okay' stuff with the 'intruder' still in the room.

I LOVED that she beat up Dan and didn't remember him, Hah!

And poor Clark. 15 parts ago, I still wanted to club him with a brick. Now he just needs a hug!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard