OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Yaaaaay! More TGNA! smile1

And woo-hoo for Luthor-foiling! dance

I'm concerned now, though. Is Lois getting a crush on Bruce?? spider

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay it looks like I just barely beat QueenofCapes to the punch in posting fdk (we posted the exact same minute but mine showed up first - hee hee)...

But seeing as how Mary has a much more inventive subject line than mine... I'll move my comments to her thread and see if I can get the mods to delete mine...

REPOSTED:

Okay, I feel funny starting this thread since I haven't followed the story from the beginning. But you hooked me on the last chapter so I had to read and find out if Lois was going to come clean with Clark or not...

I'm happy to say that she at least came mostly clean. Although, I wouldn't have minded seeing a little Angry!Clark if she had revealed everything to him. <g> And I'm so glad Bruce has taken such an interest in helping our favorite couple.

-- DJ

P.S. - change your icon to the blue arrow so people will know it's a new post!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the feedback, you two...and I changed it to a blue arrow...thanks... as for Lois getting a crush on Bruce...I think it's more of a mutual admiration society thing.... I look at it this way: when an overweight woman like Lois feel comfortable and in love enough to get naked with a man, she's let her guard down all the way. It's not likely that she's going to let someone else in...Clark is it. If it didn't work out, she'd close herself up again and not let anyone else in for a very very long time

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have extremely little time, but I don't know when I'll have more time, so...

Bruce was surprised at himself that a small, romantic side of him wanted Lois and Clark to have a happy ending. Somehow, he was going to have to intervene without Lois knowing about it, or he would put her life and the deal she made with Luthor in jeopardy.
Oh, I just love it! And by the way, Chris, I don't know if you agree with me, but I have always - well, since 1969, anyway - seen Superman as the at least potentially romantic hero who really ought to get together with Lois Lane, but I have always seen Batman as someone who isn't going to really share himself with just one woman. Either he is going to be a playboy womanizer, or else he's going to be a loner. But this idea, that Clark's happiness with Lois is going to be important to old Bats - well, it just melts my heart!

“Honey – what’s the matter?” Clark asked, kissing Lois on her forehead. “Have I lost the magic touch with you already? You didn’t make coyotes howl that time.”
Oh, so sweet! I just love this. Of course, the reason why Lois didn't make any coyotes howls is no laughing matter.

“It’s your powers and abilities – no matter how much money he has, he wants to be you. He wants to have everything you have….”

“Including *you*. The SOB!” Clark accidentally set the chair adjacent to him on fire just thinking about it.

Clark’s pyrotechnics momentarily lightened the tension between them. “Not so much of a boy scout now, I see,” Lois smiled. “I’m flattered, Smallville.
Love this, too.

“Because I’m going to need a clone of me to go out on a date with Lex Luthor on Friday.”
Hmmm. Okay. But....

The cloned Lois started to have a change of heart. She was like a child – she may have been full-grown, but she didn’t have the life experience or maturity of an adult.
And now Lois and Clark are going to make themselves another clone-Lois and send the poor creature, who's child-like and immature, into Luthor's arms? I feel sorry for the poor clone.

“Well, first off, since I’m not as sexy and beautiful as the other world’s Lois Lane, I didn’t think that he would ever come on to me like he did her. And secondly, just because someone is evil in one world doesn’t necessarily make him a bad guy in another.”

Clark reached over to Lois’ face, gently holding her cheeks and pulling her into a kiss.

“Well, first off: WRONG! You are *just* as sexy and beautiful as the other Lois – even sexier, I think,” he said, taking his hand and slowly massaging her ample breasts until they hardened in response to his handiwork. “And, to your second point - don’t take this the wrong way, but it’s not like you to give anyone the benefit of the doubt – I have to say I’m surprised.”

Lois kissed Clark sweetly in response to his kind words. “They do say love is blind, Smallville, and when it comes to me, you have a lead blindfold on! You always know exactly the right thing to say, don’t you?”
Aaaaawwwww.... <happy sigh>

But I don't know what I think about this:

“Omigod. You cut some type of deal with him, didn’t you? To keep me safe… honey, *never* do that for me. You hear me?” he shouted, holding Lois’ shoulders. “I’m here to protect and save *you*, not the other way around.”
Guys who have very old-fashioned ideas about the man's "duty" to protect "his" woman may, deep down, have other old-fashioned ideas as well, such as the notion that the woman really is basically her husband's property. You have hinted, Chris, that no matter how sweet your Clark is, he may have some old-fashioned ideas, too. Did I read you correctly? Well, it is always interesting to see stories where the characters are realistic, and not quite so idealized as some of us may wish them to be.

Alfred gently squeezed her proffered hand. Then he turned to Clark, and extended his hand in a firm shake. “Mr. Kent – it’s a pleasure indeed to meet you as well. Master Wayne and I have been following your exploits closely. Master Wayne won’t admit it to your face, but he’s a real fan of yours,” he disclosed, smiling.

“And I’m becoming a real fan of his as well,” Clark replied, winking at Bruce. “We had a rough start the first time we met, but sometimes spending time with the person who is your exact opposite makes you stretch and grow.”
How sweet!

And I see Batman and I have one thing in common, at least - we both like Earl Grey!

Time is running out for me, so let me just say - i appreciated the Batwoman quip, and I didn't really get the impression that Lois is truly attracted to Batman (not so that she would possibly consider cheating on Clark, at least). But this Lois sure isn't shy in some situations!!!

Okay, Chris, now get on to the taking down of Luthor. And I'm sure you have more Lois and Clark B-plot to send our way.... laugh

Ann

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just got caught up on your story and wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. What an original idea to leave Lois' characteristics intact, but to differ her physical appearance. I have to admit, it took me a while to get past the visual image (my mental picture of Lois from the show), but really like what you've done with her.

As always, Luthor is lower than scum and I've enjoyed Batman's involvement. Keep up the good work! thumbsup
BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting feedback. Yes, Clark is old-fashioned - he's an ex-farmboy! Plus, he defines himself as the world's protector...and who does he want to protect the most? The woman he loves, of course. And this Lois...she's fiercely independent, but since she's never had love in her life before, she's a bit mushier than "our" Lois....finds it flattering that someone wants to take care of her, even though she still has a mind of her own.

I am going to try to wrap this up in two more installments. This weekend my work is going through a core computer conversion so I may not get much writing done..I'm on call (the part about management that's not so great).

I'm going to try to delight and amaze you in the ending to this story...that's my goal. I will trust that I will able to tell if I succeeded by your feedback, which I greatly appreciate!

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, no!! Bruce didn’t get it all. No! I wanted him to save her. But then again, maybe he did know:
He was watching their interview on his wrist-vid back in the other restaurant. There was no sound, but he was able to decipher what Luthor had said to her.
Clark was sunshine, and Bruce was the darkness.
Nice description.

Tell Clark the truth, Lois!!

Lois started to cry. “Oh, all right! I found out that Tempus contacted Luthor way before you even came to Smallville. The two of them were responsible for my kidnapping. Luthor’s jealous of you. He’s threatening that if I don’t do what he wants me to do that Tempus will take me away from you again, this time for good.”
Oh, good. Now tell him the rest, Lois...

“Clark, this isn’t your decision to make. And I can’t give you all the details – at least, not right now.
Oh, Lois!

“I’ll have my usual Earl Grey
I suddenly had visions of Captain Picard.

“Open it, open it!” exclaimed Lois. “Omigod! What if I’m the clone and the real me has been a prisoner of Luthor’s all this time?”
Don’t you dare!! Don’t you dare do it, Chris!

Batwoman
Lois Lane, the Batwoman.

“Just an expression, Batman, don’t get your tights in an uproar,”
Yeah, don’t get your panties in a wad. This is Lois Lane we’re talking about.

Nice part, Chris.

Nancy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Nancy. And if the real Lois wasn't fat, just the clone was ....who had listened to hypnosis tapes that led her to believe that her whole past as a fat girl really happened even though she was in fact only 5 years old???

And the real thin Lois of this universe had been a love prisoner of Lex Luthor.....hee hee...

You'd all stone me and evict me from the boards, huh?????

HAHA HAHA rotflol

Chris

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi,

We had a computer conversion at work this week and to say it was Hellish (I work at a credit union, so people's money are affected) is an understatement. 60 hour week and I'm on salary...so suffice to say... I'm exhausted.

Anyway, I may post a partial chapter just to keep things moving along, and it looks like I really don't know how many chapters I'm going now...ideas keep popping into my muse's head....I'm hoping maybe 30 chapters max...who knows?

I have to go to a baby shower now but I'll be writing when I come back...hopefully post tonite!

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard