#40369 03/13/07 01:02 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, let me know what you think.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois didn’t believe anything she didn’t see with her own two eyes. The only problem was, she’d seen this with her own eyes, and she knew it for what it was- the story of the century.

And there wasn't any way she was sharing a Pulitzer with a greenhorn like Kent.
OOOOOOOH! jump jump Mad Dog Lane is on the story now. . . watch out everyone You are about to be front page news. . .or the guys from the paper factory will be trying to drag HER off. . .

Great series of stories. Please keep them coming!

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yatta! Yay for Hiro! Yes, he's one of my favorite characters. :-D

He looked as though he was constipated.
And haven't I been saying that all along? {{{(>.<)}}}

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
YAY!!!!!

dance

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful!!! Loved the constipated comment and the turnip truck. ROFL!!!

More, please! These are *awesome*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup
I'm really enjoying these hero stories.

Clark frowned, and said something unintelligible to the man. The man replied with a torrent of words, none of which Lois recognized.

“What’s he saying?” Lois asked. “I don’t speak Chinese.”

“It’s Japanese,” Clark said. “He’s saying that he just discovered how to bend time and space.”
First, since I live in Northern California and have a bunch of Asian American friends, I find it funny that Lois can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese. Typical, I guess, but funny.

Second, I'm constantly amazed at how Lois can overlook how Clark does the most unusual things, and I'm not talking super stunts. How many guys from mid-western USA are so fluent in another language that they can understand it when someone says they just "discovered how to bend time and space". laugh

Keep up the good work,
BJ

Features Writer
Features Writer
“It explains why Ralph was actually at the office after closing time.” Lois thought for a moment, then shuddered. “You know, I’ve used that terminal a time or two.”

Reflexively she wiped her hands on the back of Clark’s jacket. He glanced back at her.
LOL. So ew, but so funny!

Glancing back, Lois noted that the young man was staring up at the skyscrapers and grinning.

In a strnage, insane way, it was nice. It had been a long time since Lois had seen anyone take that much joy in anything. Life in Metropolis was all about the destination. The journey was something to be endured.

“It must be fun to be Don Quixote,” she murmured.

“Tilting at windmills, Lois?” Clark grinned at her for a moment. “Isn’t that what we do?”
Aaaah! Love the visual of her looking at him as he goes gaga over the skyscrapers. Tokyo has it's share of impressive buildings, but since it gets earthquakes, they are nowhere near the size of the ones in New York. I also have a fond spot in my heart for Don Quixote and I like how you use it here. Yum.

I pop in and out, because I'm not super keen on Heroes, but seeing the characters from the POV of our intrepid reporters makes it interesting.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice, Shayne. Lois is on the story!

A round face Chinese man
Okay, I don’t know a lot about all the characters on Heroes, but I do know that Hiro is Japanese.
But then you say:
“It’s Japanese,”
Huh?

Did you know that the actor who plays Hiro actually does the translations himself?

He looked as though he was constipated.
rotflol

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for the responses!

Classicalla, *I* know he's Japanese. "You* know he's Japanese. Even Clark knows he's Japanese.

Lois think's he's Chinese...and since this segment is written from her point of view...

Didn't know the actor who plays Hiro does the translations. Interesting...

I wonder who I should feature next?

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
So, in this universe, Metropolis doesn't explode within the next day or so???

I think that is what happened after Hiro arrived in NY the first time.

James

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Classicalla, *I* know he's Japanese. "You* know he's Japanese. Even Clark knows he's Japanese.

Lois think's he's Chinese...and since this segment is written from her point of view...
Gotcha. I guess I wasn't playing close enough attention.

Didn't know the actor who plays Hiro does the translations. Interesting...
Yes, I heard him say this on Jay Leno. He also has an IQ of circa 180. I don't know if he also does the translations for the other Japanese actor, too. Would be interesting if he does.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard