Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Not silly, Laura! That was adorable!

As the princess was called away, indisputably to go kiss a frog or something else equally important, Clark glanced around.
Soooo cute!

“No, not you. Her!” Clark pointed across the hall to the real princess, exasperated with this imposter.

“Her?! Julie isn’t a princess!”

“Her name’s Julie? Princess Julie?” Clark’s gaze latched onto the bride and held.
Poor Lois. Clark hasn't yet learned how to beahve as a gentleman laugh

He copied the man.

And kissed Lois quickly. He missed her lips a little, but that was okay. He figured he had imitated well enough. They remained like that for a moment, until Lois’ small hands fitted on his chest and gave him a mighty push backward that sent him sprawled on the grass.
rotflol

A great idea, Laura!!!!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Completely adorable. A very sweet story, and so funny, too. I can just picture young Clark kissing young Lois in front of the altar, and her response to that. LOL

Columnist
Columnist
so cute. Can picture them perfect. I loved it. smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I wish you had added an epilog that showed the two of them as adults remembering.

This was wonderful.

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks!!! That epilogue idea is great. I might have to tack it on a little bit later. laugh Thanks for reading!

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, yes! Imagine if you had had the adult and married Lois and Clark look at a picture of themselves as small children being at their first wedding together!

But even without the adult Lois and Clark remembering this childhood episode, the story was still adorably cute. sloppy

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay. I dashed off a quick little "remembering scene" to add in. smile It's posted. You guys are right, I think it made it a little bit better. Thanks for the feedback and idea!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Too adorable!! *Melts*

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Top Banana
Top Banana
hehe smile
loved the prologue and epilogue, especially.. thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
the princess was called away, indisputably to go kiss a frog or something else equally important
good line

Playing with trucks! lol Of course, because he's only six after all, but I tend to forget that Clark was ever a little boy.

“No silly! When the music comes on, I walk down the aisle and throw flowers and people take pictures.”

This all seemed like a rather strange custom to Clark, as he didn’t know why there were so many people here to watch this girl throw flowers, but he nodded in understanding.

“Then why is there a princess here?”

He finally must have said something right because the girl gave him a brilliant smile and spun in a circle. The lavender dress she was wearing spun with her and she ended her twirl with a sort-of curtsy. “I’m here to show off my dress of course!”
I'm about to fall out of my chair laughing, Laura. This is priceless.

Lois nodded and grabbed his arm.

Clark glanced up at her in surprise. “What?”

“What?”

“What?”

“What What!?” Lois stamped her foot.

“Why did you grab my arm?” Clark finally clarified. “Do you have to say something?”
I'm dying here, really. You're going to kill me with laughter!

“You may kiss the bride.”

The man with the nice hair leaned toward Julie.

The move was so sudden, Clark started a little and hastened to catch up. Someone should had warned him this job required so much careful watching. As Julie and the man’s lips met, Clark turned to his friend and did exactly as she had told him too.

He copied the man.
AAHH!! Why didn't I see this coming?? *perfect*

“How many girls can say they married their first crush?”

“Probably not ma—Crush?” A hopeful glimmer caught his eye. “Hey, you liked me too?”

Lois rolled her eyes, an act reminiscent of six-year-old Lois. “Well I was only six. But I liked you well enough to let you trail after me. Plus I thought you were cute. In the strictest since of the way. Like a puppy.”

“Thanks Lois. That’s what every man wants his wife to compare him too. I thought you were a princess and you thought I was a puppy.”
lol

Laura, this wasn't silly at all. It was sweet and so funny and just great. Thank you so much for posting it!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
PERFECT!!
"Mom was looking through some old photographs the other day and she found this book,” Clark explained. “Actually, when she called me she was laughing so hard I could barely understand her. Something about her never have putting it together all these years… Anyway, she had me fly up right then and get this book.”
This is tooooo funny! I can just see Martha completely falling apart when she put 2 and 2 togeather. clap

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Cute story, Laura. I would argue that Clark acts much younger than six, though. Maybe four is a better age. At four, princes and princesses are still big and big things like weddings are still confusing. Of course, boys mature slower than girls, so it's always possible that he's six--but it's improbable.

“No I do not want to play with you! This is a wedding!”

Clark frowned, digesting this.

“You aren’t supposed to play at weddings?”

With an impatient tap of her foot, Lois sighed at his obvious density.

“No silly! When the music comes on, I walk down the aisle and throw flowers and people take pictures.”
Of course. What else would it possibly be about?

“Then why is there a princess here?”

He finally must have said something right because the girl gave him a brilliant smile and spun in a circle. The lavender dress she was wearing spun with her and she ended her twirl with a sort-of curtsy. “I’m here to show off my dress of course!”
Love it.

“No! They’re holding arms! It’s what you do!” Lois was speaking increasingly fast with each new sentence.

“Oh,” Clark thought about this for a moment and he finally noticed the couples holding arms, just like him and Lois. Clark mildly let Lois lead the way and they traipsed toward the food.
Just like he still lets Lois mildly lead the way.

Now that they were actually there, Clark was gripped in a fit of nerves.

“Wait! Wait! Lois I don’t know what to do.”

Lois stared at him. “Are you crazy? We practiced earlier.”

The path they were supposed to travel suddenly seemed a million miles long. People were craning their necks to look back, and Clark couldn’t shake the nervous feeling.

“I don’t remember! Lois!” Clark hissed and pulled at her arm. “What do I do?”
Poor Clark. blush

“You may kiss the bride.”

The man with the nice hair leaned toward Julie.

The move was so sudden, Clark started a little and hastened to catch up. Someone should had warned him this job required so much careful watching. As Julie and the man’s lips met, Clark turned to his friend and did exactly as she had told him too.

He copied the man.

And kissed Lois quickly. He missed her lips a little, but that was okay. He figured he had imitated well enough. They remained like that for a moment, until Lois’ small hands fitted on his chest and gave him a mighty push backward that sent him sprawled on the grass.
Sweet. Very sweet. (But I still see this as more of a 4 yr-old thing than a 6 yr-old.)

“How many girls can say they married their first crush?”
Aww... Sweet.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was so cute!!!
clap clap clap

~•~
Columnist
Columnist
Loved the prologue and the epilogue too. This was great.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Beautiful. So cute.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
Just read it. Wonderful. Waffy and incredibly funny at the same time. The prologue and epilogue are a very good idea, too! thumbsup

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww!!! that was just the absolute cutest thing I have read in weeks! thank you so much for sharing it with us! laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was adorable and not silly at all. It was a pick me up story. thanks. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate all the feedback!!! I never expected so much, you guys made my day about ten times over. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
LOVE IT!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard