Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay! More VSP fic!
I heard that the experimental college at the university is offering a course called ‘Kent History’ this fall.
DUDE!!! Such a beautiful tie-in with Tempus! That was intentional, right? Because in Tempus Fugitive, when they're all in 1966, he mentions taking "Kent History" in college. Nice touch, here!

And yes, this planet does seem quite obsessed. goofy

The Emancipation Proclamation freed all of the Pokemon from their masters. Previously, Pokemon could be randomly beaten up and stuffed into pokeballs, which also served as sophisticated brainwashing devices. They were then forced to beat up other Pokemon to capture *them*, too, as well as having to fight each other in gladiatorial arenas just for the entertainment of humans,” she said.
goofy clap

~•~
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
wildguy What??? Is this or is this not the son of Lois Lane??

“Jonathan, can you answer the question that I just posed to the class?” Mr. Dinsmore asked.

“You mean to say that you don’t remember your own birth date?” the history teacher asked, his eyes gleaming with amusement.
Jonathan: "No I mean I wasn't listening. As for my date of birth, that is under the law private data that you as My teacher are required by law to respect. It doesn't matter if every newspaper in the world prints it. And if I were not your student you could legally discuss it, but I AM YOUR student and as such YOU ARE bound by the law. So are you planning on discussing my GPA? or perhaps my score on the last few quizes? By the way would you care to discuss with the class your date of birth? Your bank account number or perhaps how much you get paid? After all if I'm fair game how about you? After all if I am a" Two finger gesture, "quote Public figure unquote" Two finger gesture "because I'm related to Superman then as my teacher you are as much a public figure. That make you and your entire life fair game"

"I can picture it now in the National Tattler, "Is this man qualified to teach Superman's son? After all so many of the folks who've gone postal have turned out to have Teachers who treated them badly. So perhaps they should be concerned that you will tramatize me so that when I grow up the world will have to contend with a super powered madman going postal?"

Of course being Lois's son he will sometimes babble...

Framework4
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Lol, Framework4, I hadn't even thought of that! Although, I don't think that a son of Clark's would be so "in your face", regardless of his being Lois's son too. Maybe a daughter, though, given that society tends to be a bit male dominated. But that's a great idea!

And to Queen of the Capes: Yeah, the criminal was Daniel Scardino. This was another attempt to make the world more realistic - after all, you don't just go breaking into places and not get in to trouble with the law! I always thought that Lois was *incredibly* tolerant of Scardino during S2. I mean geez, breaking into her apartment? The vast majority of women would have called the cops on him!

I never liked the Scardino character much - especially considering that he was a DEA agent, he was far too contemptuous of the law. It was kind of a weird combination. On the other hand, I loved the Mayson Drake character - "Do you have a license to chase down criminals? Do you read them their rights?" LOL!

I figured that since I already had Clark getting a green card to make himself appear more normal to the rest of the world, he should get a license to pursue criminals as well.

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Nah, Framework; as Clark's son, he's just too nice to do that. Besides---how will the class know when to bring cake in if they don't know your birthday? wink

EDIT: LOL! Posted at the same time as VSP goofy

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol
Loved all the different people whose lives were affected laugh

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Nah, Framework; as Clark's son, he's just too nice to do that.
My daughters took more after me, and my son took more after his mother so this tends to affect my mindset on such matters.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hilarious!

As for the Pokémon thing, my dad doesn't like my brother to watch the show because it promotes cruelty to animals and training animals to fight.

ETA: By the way, when I first saw the name of your character Dominique, I thought it was a female character, since the male version is usually spelled "Dominic" or "Dominick," and is pronounced "dom-in-ick."

I might even go so far as "Dominiq," if I was trying to be unique, but adding the "ue" makes it pronounced "dom-in-eek," which is definitely a female name.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Originally posted by DSDragon:
Hilarious!

As for the Pokémon thing, my dad doesn't like my brother to watch the show because it promotes cruelty to animals and training animals to fight.

ETA: By the way, when I first saw the name of your character Dominique, I thought it was a female character, since the male version is usually spelled "Dominic" or "Dominick," and is pronounced "dom-in-ick."

I might even go so far as "Dominiq," if I was trying to be unique, but adding the "ue" makes it pronounced "dom-in-eek," which is definitely a female name.
Oh, that's interesting. I didn't realize that! I guess I was influenced by some of the history books that I read - I had the impression that Dominique was a (typically French) male name.

I suppose it didn't help matters any that the current French Prime minister (a male) is named Dominique. I'll have to be more careful about choosing names in the future.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So much fun, Vincent. I have to admit I haven't been following this story too closely for a number of reasons (no time to read everything, etc) and my interest in Pokemon - well, on a scale from one to twelve, I guess my interest is about minus seven. (Back when I still watched TV, I used to watch my childhood favorite Tintin on Sunday mornings on Danish television - but then Tintin disappeared and was replaced by crudely drawn, crudely told Pokemon cartoons!!! Aarrrghhh!!!)

Ahhh, but this is so delicious:

“All right! I’ll take you there first, Jonathan – your mom and I will be over later. We have to, uh…finish up an article that we’re working on,” Clark said as he grinned in anticipation.
I love that grin! laugh

“Mom, dad, I’m home!” Clark exclaimed as he and Lois walked through the front door.

As greetings were exchanged, the younger Jonathan asked, “Hey guys, how did the article turn out?”

Lois wrinkled her forehead in confusion. “What article?” she asked.

“Huh? You know, the article that you and dad were working on after he brought me here,” Jonathan reminded his mother.

Lois blinked in understanding. “Oh, you meant *that* article! Yeah, it was great!” she said, shooting a glance at Clark.

Clark grinned weakly at his wife as they both tried not to blush.

“Oh, good,” Jonathan remarked, as his grandparents shared knowing glances behind his back as they struggled to suppress their laughter. “Well, I guess that’s what happens when you spend a lot of time on something.”
thumbsup clap

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard