Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh, yeah...she's caving in! Lois noticed how Mayson flirted with Clark and is secretly hating it. Clark does realize that he only wants Lois.

Let's just see what happens.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, goody! A new part when you just told us it might be awhile!

But, then again, it wasn’t really her victory after all. There was no mention of her ‘special assistance’ in the final paragraph. She shouldn’t have been surprised that Clark had betrayed her, but she was disappointed nonetheless.
She didn’t get mentioned? Clark wouldn’t have done that? And if he’d seen that the editor did it, wouldn’t he have complained?

Not getting credit for her work with Clark, only made her missed opportunity with Luthor worse.
She missed it? How did she miss it? Did I miss something? Oh, well, figures... He was drunk. And here Lois got gussied up and everything.

But if she wasn’t going to tell ‘Mr. I-Need-Help-on-a-Story’ that she was angry, she certainly wasn’t going to tell him that he hurt her feelings. He could specialize in all that touchy-feely stuff. She would just be the crisp, efficient professional that she was. And if she was just-the-facts with him, it would be all right since they were news professionals, for heaven’s sake.
Oh, Lois, you need to tell him.

His smile lit up his entire face in a way that made her heart soar. He certainly hadn’t shared that look with ‘Blondie.’
Awww....

“It explains everything,” he argued. “You think I’m hot.”
rotflol

“Your deviated septum,” she slowly explained. “You were wearing your glasses when Miranda sprayed that death brew on us. So you weren’t affected.”
That’s a stretch, Lois... But I like it.

More soon, please, Elisabeth!

Classicalla

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
quote:
But, then again, it wasn’t really her victory after all. There was no mention of her ‘special assistance’ in the final paragraph. She shouldn’t have been surprised that Clark had betrayed her, but she was disappointed nonetheless.

She didn’t get mentioned? Clark wouldn’t have done that? And if he’d seen that the editor did it, wouldn’t he have complained?
Yeah, Clark wouldn't have done that. So... has he not looked at the article, himself? Or did she skip to the end and miss her mention at the beginning of the article? Does it maybe say "by Clark Kent and Lois Lane"?

Post again soon? thumbsup

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah Lois is finally coming around.. smile thumbsup

At least i hope so... wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeowzha!

I am enjoyed Lois awkwardly explore these emotions and the topic of attraction.

I'm still surprised (unless I missed it!) that she has not gone into a rant that she is upset over spending that money on the costume, etc.

She skimmed the headlines until she located the right article and then skipped to the end, looking for the best part. It was continued on page eight—a two pager was a bonus that made her victory all the sweeter.

But, then again, it wasn’t really her victory after all. There was no mention of her ‘special assistance’ in the final paragraph. She shouldn’t have been surprised that Clark had betrayed her, but she was disappointed nonetheless. At least he could have waited for a better story before he used her.
Whaaaa???? clap I like that brain reference.

She bumped him back with her hip, feeling much more jovial now that the insanity had been explained away. “So you are attracted to me.”

He stopped at the edge of an alleyway. His smile faded, overcome by an intensity she had never seen before. His voice was husky. His eyes practically smoked.

“Yes, I am attracted to you. I’m attracted to your brain. You are one of the smartest, most intuitive women I’ve ever met. I love your spirit, your fire… your spunk. I love how you’re not afraid of anything, although you scare me to death. And yes, Lois, I like your legs.”
HOT HOT HOT!
I would love it if someone spoke to me with that intensity and sweetness in public and catch me off guard. Of course it would help if it was Clark.

Oh!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yow! That's some confession!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Since I am tasking D8a to get his stuff done, I will comment on his wife's work.

But, then again, it wasn’t really her victory after all. There was no mention of her ‘special assistance’ in the final paragraph. She shouldn’t have been surprised that Clark had betrayed her, but she was disappointed nonetheless. At least he could have waited for a better story before he used her.
Clark would not do that kind of thing! I may need to have a chat with her muse mad

“Lois!” Jimmy called out as soon as she stepped into the bullpen. He jogged to where she was standing. “I need you to run an errand for me.”

“Do I look like your girlfriend?” Lois snapped and then regretted it. It wasn’t his fault she hadn’t landed the interview. Still, Jimmy was in no position to treat her like his own personal slave.

“No way. My girl is a redhead through and through.”

Lois glared in response, but he just grinned glibly. Either she was losing her touch, or he was feeling brave. Either way, he wasn’t appropriately intimidated.
Maybe Lois is beginning to lose her tough touch. First she doesn't immediately want to rip off Clark's head and now she can't stare down Jimmy.

The only problem was the large seal on the front of the package emblazoned with “Sealed for your Security.” One would have thought that kind of thing went the way of King Arthur and the Roman Empire. Essentially, it was just one more way Lois was kept out of the loop once again.
Further evidence that she would rather be invisible instead of flying.

“What are you doing here?” she heard herself ask. But that was the wrong thing to say since it reminded her of a night on campus not that long ago when Clark had truly been a friend. It was all so confusing.

Clark grinned. It was an insider’s kind of a smile. The look that reminded her that they were friends.

It was truly awkward. She wasn’t sure how to handle it from here.
A confused Lois is a good thing. Those kind tend to think more.

Lois sighed. The time for a confrontation had been Monday—Tuesday, at the latest. But she’d been busy seducing him on Monday and Tuesday. Now that it was Thursday, if she blew up at him, her anger would seem to come out of left field.
And this would stop you why? She's definitly going soft.

Lois sighed. The time for a confrontation had been Monday—Tuesday, at the latest. But she’d been busy seducing him on Monday and Tuesday. Now that it was Thursday, if she blew up at him, her anger would seem to come out of left field.
Listen to your body, Lois. In this instance it knows better!

She wondered what kind of an informant he would have at the courthouse. He was a friend of old people and nuns. Surely this was another woebegone friend on the fringe of life. That was certainly the type of person Clark normally attracted.

“Clark! Hi!” a perky voice called out. Lois glanced up the courthouse steps to try and find the ugly broad that only her soft-hearted coworker would befriend.

The woman that strolled up was neither woebegone nor ugly. She looked like a model—perfect hair, perfect teeth, perfect complexion and her shoes and purse matched her dress.
Ok, so her opinion of Clark still needs some work.

Rescuing a nun was probably the high point of his boring existence.

Scratch that. Flirting with the tramp from the court was probably the highlight.
Here, kittee, kittee, kittee.

“Clark, he was threatening you. Aren’t you worried?”

He merely grinned at her. “Would you feel safer walking me home?”

She huffed a bit as she answered. “Safer for me or safer for you?”

“Well…” he waffled.

“You’re on your own.”

“Couldn’t you just give me a few private lessons? Show me a couple of moves?” he pressed.

“I’ve seen your moves, Kent. I wasn’t impressed,” she derided him, although she wasn’t exactly sure what she meant. Surely his fighting moves were enough to protect her when she had needed it most, but the moves he made on her on a daily basis were another matter.
Aw, she's so protective, in that left-handed compliment kind of way.

Kent had his hand on her elbow again, as if she were an old woman too delicate to descend without his assistance. On second thought, he never treated her like an old woman—more like he treated the courthouse tramp. He glanced up just then and caught her looking at him. His smile lit up his entire face in a way that made her heart soar. He certainly hadn’t shared that look with ‘Blondie.’
Take that Lois :p

The next section is just so cute, amusing, even death defying(for Clark) that could quote the whole passage.

So here are just the highlights.

“The report says that the pheromone compound simply removes inhibitions and amplifies previous attractions.”

“Yeah?” Clark prompted. “So?”

“So what was I doing at your apartment?”

“The dance of the seven veils,” Clark reminded her.

She frowned. “Not that. I mean, why your apartment? It’s not like I’m even remotely attracted to you.”

“Face it, Lois. You feel something for me,” he teased.

“Deep revulsion?”

“You’re attracted to me. You can’t deny it.”

“Let’s say, just for the sake of argument, that some infinitesimally tiny shred of attraction existed in some seldom-used part of my brain…”

“Okay, as long as you’re honest with yourself about it.”

“Stay with me, Kent. So this minute speck of attraction was amplified. So what? That still doesn’t explain things.”

“It explains everything,” he argued. “You think I’m hot.”

“But that’s just my point. You're the one who thinks I'm hot. We were together when I was sprayed. So why is it that I turned into a sexpot and you’re still chaste enough to reserve a spot at The Round Table?”

“Maybe I’m not attracted to you, Lois,” he suggested.

Her voice was too loud for a public sidewalk, but she didn’t care. “You are so attracted to me. You haven’t stopped asking me out since the day I met you.”

“Has it ever occurred to you that I might be attracted to your brain?”

“My brain? Hah! You like my legs!” she declared.

“Your legs,” he repeated dubiously. He shook his head and hesitantly continued, “I don’t know. Maybe if you showed me a little more of your leg I might find some minute attraction.”

She snorted as he waggled his eyebrows at her. “You like my legs,” she insisted.

“Sure,” he agreed. He bumped her hip as they walked, and it certainly was no accident.

“I know what it is.”

“Your breasts?” he suggested.

“You like my breasts? I mean, no. Of course, you can like my breasts. No problem, as long as you never mention it again,” she rambled, embarrassed.

“So you are attracted to me.”

He stopped at the edge of an alleyway. His smile faded, overcome by an intensity she had never seen before. His voice was husky. His eyes practically smoked.

“Yes, I am attracted to you. I’m attracted to your brain. You are one of the smartest, most intuitive women I’ve ever met. I love your spirit, your fire… your spunk. I love how you’re not afraid of anything, although you scare me to death. And yes, Lois, I like your legs.”
Ok, so I still quoted most of it. It's just that darned good!

D8a's Muse.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know Elisabeth that I loved this part (and the next part - of course) but I'm having withdrawal, I haven't had a part grace my inbox in over a week. Did your muse run off on vacation?

Don't make me get D8A's muse after you - I've heard he's a mean taskmaster. wink

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Oh, yeah...she's caving in!
Don't come to any conclusions, yet, Sheila. This is only my 3rd full-length fic and in the first two the main characters end up as only friends. There's enough time for irreperable damage, I have two whole parts left. wave I'm working on it.

Ah Lois is finally coming around..
Perhaps you need my earlier note. laugh

HOT HOT HOT!
I would love it if someone spoke to me with that intensity and sweetness in public and catch me off guard. Of course it would help if it was Clark.
No one eavesdrops in the big city, so they're practically alone on that sidewalk. Right? Well, at least until the kissing begins.

Yow! That's some confession!
Glad you enjoyed.

Since I am tasking D8a to get his stuff done, I will comment on his wife's work.
You should have seen him unload the dishwasher this morning. Brutal, as always. And that tea cup was my great-grandmother's. Sob.

Did your muse run off on vacation?
It was terrible. I spent two weeks with the three of them on the courthouse steps just looking at each other and talking stupid. Wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't just picking up after another long dry spell.

You know Elisabeth that I loved this part (and the next part - of course) but I'm having withdrawal, I haven't had a part grace my inbox in over a week.
Check your inbox and leave D8a's muse out of this. I don't think my nerves (or my dishes) could stand it.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard