Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Get back here! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
A beautiful way to handle Clark and Becca's conversation. I loved how you described Clark's feelings at Becca's reaction. The balance between Becca's hurt and trust of her father was nice as well.

I think Becca is my favorite original character in stories *I* have read.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very realistiv part. I am glad he did not give up on Lois. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Clark was so sweet and understanding with Becca. I don't think there was any better way to handle this conversation. But Becca will obviously have some difficulty with this arrangement.

Maybe Lois will grow on her like a mother and Becca will open up to her. But please, don't let Becca totally dictate Clark's relationship with Lois.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my goodness, Barbara. I just realized you posted a new part. I'll have to read later today!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

And I'm glad that you realized the new part Nancy wink

Gimme, gimme, gimme feedback. I need it. Really. grovel

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm happy Clark summoned up his courage to tell Becca about his feelings for Lois. No more secrets. Now, it's wait and see where this situation is going.

“Daddy, something is on your mind. You can tell me,” Becca said suddenly and let go of him.
Smart girl. wink

But there is more you have to know,” Clark said, trying not to sound too uncomfortable. “I like Lois, very much. I… I’m in love with her.”

“No,” Becca whispered. “No! You can’t love her. You love me! Me!”
Clark need to make Becca understand that it's a different kind of love, and that he can love both of them. smile

*Just tell her that you will give up on Lois* a tiny voice in his head pleaded for mercy as he watched Becca.
NO! Please! Clark needs to take her daughter's feelings into consideration, but he can't give up his life for her. He deserves to find love and happiness with the woman he's in love with. It wouldn't be fair for Clark to spend his life alone just to satisfy his daughter. hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Post the next part soon, please! smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm back with feedback.

Ah, this is so like a child to think that there isn’t enough love for someone else, too.

She pulled away from him, easily so, since he didn’t want to hurt her physically when he had already been so cruel to her otherwise.
I didn’t think he was cruel at all. I thought he broke the news very gently.

*Just tell her that you will give up on Lois* a tiny voice in his head pleaded for mercy as he watched Becca.
No, don’t do that. As Ann said in a recent post, Becca is just going to have to accept it. I agree with what UltraWoman said:
It wouldn't be fair for Clark to spend his life alone just to satisfy his daughter.
“Scout’s honor!” Clark replied and held two fingers up into the air to emphasize his words.
Going on my many years of being a Girl Scout myself and later being an assistant leader and also having been involved with Boy Scouts, I can tell you that it’s three fingers.

Come back soon.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
“I like Lois, very much. I… I’m in love with her.”

Like somebody already pointed out, this is so like a child. They think that there just isn't enough love to go around, so that a man can't love two persons at the same time.

She pulled away from him, easily so, since he didn’t want to hurt her physically when he had already been so cruel to her otherwise.
Somebody pointed out that Clark hadn't been cruel to Becca, and I agree. He was very considerate and respectful. Of course, I like him for wanting to be such a perfect father to Becca.

I'm so glad that he didn't listen to that inner voice of his. In my opinion, it would have been plain wrong of him to give up on Lois just because his relationship with Lois might not sit well with Becca. An adult person who is not in a relationship, and who is practically a widow or a widower, has a right to seek a new relationship. Of course, the widow or widower has an absolute obligation to choose a new partner who will be at least a reasonably good stepmother or stepfather to the other person's child or children.

“But I’m not your daughter, you could leave me. You don’t need to care for me!” she cried helplessly, her voice sounding accusing as if she was speaking about a given fact. As if this was something that was irrevocably going to come now that Lois had stepped into their lives. Clark swept her in his arms, shocked by her statement.
But this is very moving. I can see that this is exactly what a child in Becca's situation might think.

“Don’t ever think that, Becky. Don’t you ever think that! I am your father and that will never change, no matter what Child Services or anyone else says. I’m your dad and you’re my girl.” Clark held her tightly, feeling the sobs that shook her body violently. “This won’t change because I have feelings for Lois. I love both of you, with all my heart. What makes you think that it would matter to me that you have another father?” he asked softly, pressing her against him firmly.
I love this. I think Clark is describing the situation to Becca very well. He is telling her the truth and reassuring and consoling her at the same time. And I think he is giving her a solemn vow, too.

“Will… you… marry Lois?” Becca asked between sobs.

“I don’t know, Becky, honey. Maybe,” Clark replied softly and wiped away her tears. “But this will need time. Lois and I need to find out if we really want to live with each other. Real life is not like what you read in fairy tales. When real princes meet their princesses, they don’t always know right away that they will live together happily ever after. They have to get to know each other. I don’t know everything about Lois and she doesn’t know about me. Maybe we fit together perfectly and maybe we don’t. I want to find out. I didn’t want to confront you with the accomplished facts. I’m in love with Lois, so we might kiss and embrace each other. That’s the reason I’m telling you, Becca. Whatever it is that will happen in the future, you are my little girl. I promised your mommy that I would take care of you and love you like you were my own child. And I do. Nothing is ever going to change that.”
I think he is telling her this very well, too.

“If you and Lois get married, will I have to call her Mom?” Becca wanted to know.

“You don’t have to, honey. That is your decision. You can call her whatever you want to, though…” he made a pause, looked into her eyes, and harrumphed before he continued. “…personally I’d prefer if you give her nice names.”

Becca managed a weak smile. “Okay, Daddy. I’ll try.”
This is quite funny, and it made me think of names that Becca could conceivably call Lois.

“You know you can come to me, whatever it is that is on your mind. If there ever is a problem, don’t be afraid to be honest with me, pumpkin. I will listen. And if I refuse to listen, then remind me of today.” Clark said.

“Promise?” Becca pleaded, her teeth chattering.

“Scout’s honor!” Clark replied and held two fingers up into the air to emphasize his words.
I like this, too.

As for the two-fingered salute, I think I remember that from the brief time a million years ago when I myself was a scout. Maybe it's a European thing.

“I don’t have to be happy about it, do I?” Becca asked.

Clark chuckled. “No, you don’t.” He brushed a strand of her hair back under her cap and smiled at her. “I bet you’re hungry. Let’s find a place that is a little less windy and have some breakfast.”
Well, good. Now Becca knows, at least. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more romance now... so why do I have the feeling that you are about to hit us with a ton of A-plot now?

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Three fingers, two fingers...

Well, I've never been a scout. I apologize. But in my opionion, it's five fingers anyway. You don't get rid out the ones you don't use to make a vow, do you? eek

Well, good. Now Becca knows, at least. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more romance now... so why do I have the feeling that you are about to hit us with a ton of A-plot now?
I'm sorry Ann, but I warned you from the very beginning. I'm not good at "just B-plot". I love writing romantic scenes like the kiss under the mistletoe, but sometimes I've got an itch to scratch and I need to write some A-plot. Else I get tired of my own story, and you would't want that, would you?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
wink A-plots are good. I like a-plots.

...and see, Barbara, I *told* you that this part was just absolutely wonderful! Everyone else agrees, too! It's sweet and touching and so very realistic. You did an *amazing* job with this part!! notworthy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!!!!

notworthy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I've never been a scout. I apologize. But in my opionion, it's five fingers anyway. You don't get rid out the ones you don't use to make a vow, do you?
rotflol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard