Page 1 of 2 1 2
#39931 03/05/07 11:33 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nancy, i have absolutely no time to comment right now, but I just have to say... I read it, and I loved it! What a great chapter!

Ann

#39932 03/06/07 02:30 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I loved it! Although I'm sorry you'll have to wait a little longer for real FDK. frown Tonight...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#39933 03/06/07 04:02 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Lord Kal-El needs to give hie oldest son a good telling off.

Shelley
#39934 03/06/07 04:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#39935 03/06/07 11:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Ann, Mellie, Shelley, and Maria.

Yes, Shelley, Lord Kal-El needs to have a good talk to his son - or give him a good swift kick!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#39936 03/07/07 12:17 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Shelley:
Lord Kal-El needs to give hie oldest son a good telling off.
If you ask me, a good spanking is in order! Or the application of a board to his head. Or both. *g*

Well, let's get to the real feedback:

“I can never have more children. I *am* the last living Green Martian.”
Never say never!

“Yes. I told her. But I’m not sure that she truly realizes what that means.” He shrugged. “She has mentioned that she might like more children some day, but we haven’t... well, we haven’t yet. And I’m not so sure she’d like little green children.”
goofy What sort of super-children will they have? Well, redhaired big super-children, for sure!

With downcast eyes, she whispered, “Does it bother you?”

He pulled her into an embrace. “Oh, god, no, Chloe. I love you. I love you so much.”
Besides, I remember him telling Chloe that the Blue Fairie is *hot*...

A tear ran down her cheek. “You were right, Ben. I am pregnant. In fact, I’m pregnant with twins.” She looked at him with all the hope and fears that she held in her heart.
Wonderfully beautiful ending! Where are some tissues when you need them? mecry notworthy

#39937 03/09/07 06:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dave Masters is Los’ descendant and is from the future.
Ahhh! Knew I hadn't imagined that. smile Good that you've brought him back.

J’on shrugged and stood up. “I’m leaving. If you need me, call. Oh, that meeting has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning. I’ll pick you up.”
JLA? Nifty!!

<~Then I believe there may be a problem. Lord K’al-El has had their marriage annulled.~>
He did? Dang... that's not right...

If Marisol is your grandmother then your parent from that line would be ¾ Kryptonian. If your other parent was fully human, you would be 3/8th’s Kryptonian and your child would be 3/16th’s Kryptonian, but we still don’t know what that would mean for your child.
gag! ugh! too... much... math...! brain.... hurts....! *lol* Just kidding - nice of you to break it down so it's obvious.

“John?” Chloe said neutrally.

“John Jones. We’ve been dating for a while.”
LOL! You mean J'on J'onzz, don't you? hehehe! (is it J'on or J'onn, anyway? I keep seeing both.. I'm a bit consufed now... who's the expert on these things? Ann?)

“Oh, Mom! Don’t call me that!” Then he muttered under his breath, “Makes me sound like a dog.”

Chloe giggled. “An Irish Setter?”
Giggled at the first line, choked with laughter at the second. hehehe! Nice!

Can't wait to see how Ben takes the twin thing. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#39938 03/09/07 05:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Mellie and Lara.

If you ask me, a good spanking is in order! Or the application of a board to his head. Or both. *g*
That might work. It might be pretty funny if Clark turned him over his knee and spanked him!

Well, her indicating that she might like more children might be a hint that you should do what you haven't - yet. If it weren't for his wife back on Mars, J'on would be as much of a virgin as Clark was before Lois. And for pretty much the same reasons.
Maybe not. My understanding is that J’on J’onzz has been on Earth a LOT longer than Clark. .

Can't wait for the truth he's going to tell them! I just hope that Ice wasn't the woman he dated between his two marriages. That would be really bad!
Well, she’s not Candy (Clark’s huge mistake), if that’s what you mean.

Somehow, I start to feel for Ching. The role he had to play isn't an easy one.
No, it wasn’t.

I love this scene. It's so inherently funny, seeing the Kryptonians struggle with their stupid formality!
Yes, it is pretty funny. Thanks.

Let me guess why Jon got choked: He had seen Dave coming to his room...
Could be.

With that lady by his side, K'al will be a good ruler. She's very capable of making sure he does the right thing.
Yes, I think you might be right.

His other hand immediately went towards the tube, but he stopped as soon as Mak said, “No.” She brushed his hair out of his eyes. “Natural reaction, isn’t it?”
Hmm, does someone have a crush on Los?
Maybe just the tiniest bit, but it’s more of the case that she greatly respects and admires him - and a touch of caring in the medical aspect.

My, isn't that the dream of each and every young man, being bathed by two women?
That’s not been my experience working as a nurse. Most men (especially young men) are quite embarrassed to be given a bath in such a situation. Of course, that’s in a hospital like situation. If they were at home and weren’t sick... I suppose things might be different.

What sort of super-children will they have? Well, redhaired big super-children, for sure!
Definitely red hair.

Wonderfully beautiful ending! Where are some tissues when you need them?
Ah, thanks, Mellie.

Glad you’re back, Lara. I thought I’d lost you.

He did? Dang... that's not right...
No, it’s not right. K’al has really stepped in it...

LOL! You mean J'on J'onzz, don't you? hehehe! (is it J'on or J'onn, anyway? I keep seeing both.. I'm a bit consufed now... who's the expert on these things? Ann?)
Well, it’s supposed to be J’onn, but since I haven’t gone back through all the parts and corrected it yet, I figured I’d stick with my mistake until I could correct them. I don’t how I managed to start doing that because I knew it was J’onn. But J’onn J’onzz is what he goes by when he uses his Martian Manhunter guise. In his human form, he uses the names John Jones or Marcos Xavier. (His Martian name is Ma’aleca’andra). That’s all according to the wikipedia. He uses the human names because he has done various jobs including working as a police officer.

Chloe giggled. “An Irish Setter?”
Giggled at the first line, choked with laughter at the second. hehehe! Nice!
Glad you liked it. I wondered if anyone got the bit about Irish Setters having red hair.

Thanks, guys.

#39939 03/09/07 08:26 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Finally some more FDK, Nancy.

“Would you *like* more children?”

“Yes, I suppose I would. I suppose that we’d all like children, wouldn’t we?

“Have you ever tried? I mean, Mars and Earth are in the same solar system. There may be some common origins there.”

J’on pursed his lips. “Hmm... I don’t think so. But no, I’ve never really tried. There have been a couple of
ladies... but they didn’t know my true origins, so it’s not like I could take a chance.”

“Ah. Do you have a special lady in your life right now?”

J’on smiled. “Yes. And I believe I’m in love with her. I've not felt like this since... Well, last time I felt like this, I was still living on Mars.”

“Does she know about you?”

“Yes. I told her. But I’m not sure that she truly realizes what that means.” He shrugged. “She has mentioned that she might like more children some day, but we haven’t... well, we haven’t yet. And I’m not so sure she’d like little green children.”
Fascinating! Ah, poor Jo'n J'onnz. I remember a comic book story, probably from the early 1970s, when the comics, too, had accepted that Mars is a desolate planet. In that story, Mars was a living planet, but some horrible interstellar criminals managed to engulf Mars in a horrible, planet-wide fire that could not be put out. It killed everything on Mars. In the end, Green Lantern had to peel off the upper crust of Mars and hurl it away into space to get rid of it. In one of the last panels, we saw poor J'n J'onnz burying his face in his hands in his grief at the desolation. Poor J'on certainly deserves some happiness, particularly since I always liked him.

Zara smiled. “Ching, may I present Lady Marisol Stuart to you. She is Lord Los-El’s wife.”

Ching frowned. “Lady? I thought she was the Queen of Wheat.”

Zara sighed, “She is part Kryptonian, Ching, and I have rightfully given her the title of Lady. That’s all you need to know for now.” She didn’t want to mention the rape because of Ching being Hannah’s biological father.

Ching narrowed his eyes. <~And you have sanctioned their marriage?~>

She nodded. <~Yes, of course, Ching.~>
I'm glad that Zara supported Los and Marisol's marriage.

<~Then I believe there may be a problem. Lord K’al-El has had their marriage annulled.~>
Nooooo!!!! K'al!!!!

Jon was sitting cross-legged in the bed and was holding a pillow against his abdomen. Meowoof was sitting beside him acting like she wanted to help him in any was that she could.
Adorable!

Rya sat watching the emotions crossing her husband’s face. Finally, she softly said, “~K’al. What did you do? Please tell me you didn’t do anything without speaking to your mother. And please tell me you didn’t do anything foolish.~”

K’al took a deep breath. “~I had Los’ and Marisol’s marriage and union annulled. I really had no choice.~”

Rya put her hand to her chest and took a deep breath. Her mouth dropped open. “~You did this without speaking to Lady Zara?~”

He shrugged. “~Of course, I was trying to spare her pain from this whole fiasco. I’m quite sure that she was not aware of Los’ and Mari’s situation.~”
Where is the "strangle K'al" icon?

Lady Rya breathed hard and clenched her fists. “~Lord K’al-El. Sometimes you act too much with your head and not with your heart. You have acted with stupidity. I spoke with Lady Zara early this morning. She is well aware of Los’ and Mari’s ‘situation’ and she called Mari ‘Lady Marisol’. I’m assuming she would not have done that without cause. Did you not tell me that Lady Marisol's father was Drull? And Drull was a lower lord of Lord Nor’s house. Even though Lord Nor’s house is in disgrace, Lady Zara could still have named Mari a lower lady, and I assume that’s what she did. You have acted *shamefully*!!~” She stood up and began pacing. “~After all that Los did for us, I can’t believe you would have done all this without even speaking to him. Or without speaking to your mother. Los put his career - his very Lordship in jeopardy for us.~” She shook her head sadly. “~And now he is going to have to pay for your stupidity - for your cruelty.~”
That's telling him, Rya!

K’al frowned. “~But... she... I was trying to protect him...~”
B-llsh-t, K'al.

She shook her finger in his face. “~You were *not* trying to protect Los. You were only worried about how this might reflect upon you. As often is the case, you acted selfishly. K’al, how can you ever expect to be an even adequate leader to your people when you only think of yourself? You know that Los and Marisol are madly in love. Just like we are. And Los protected us, our love and our daughter. Unlike him, you acted without compassion.~”
Keep telling him, Rya!

K’al stood up and the set of his jaw was hard. “~How dare you speak to me like...~”

“~I’m your *wife*, K’al. I have every right to speak to you in such a manner. Now, leave me. I don’t wish to speak to you further right now. Go!~” She turned her back to him. When he didn’t leave, she picked up little Lady Jonna and left the room herself. She shook her head sadly, and not for the first time, sorely cursed her decreased telepathic powers. Lady Zara surely needed to know of her son’s idiocy.
Yes! Rya!

“Who do I tell first? Dad? Ben?”
Bear lay with his head on her lap and commiserated with her silently.

Claire shrugged. “I don’t know, honey. Not only do you have to tell them you are pregnant, but you have to tell them you are having twins.”
Twins??? eek

Two Bark and Bear both knew that their red haired girls were very upset. But Chloe was expecting a litter. Shouldn’t that be a joyful thing?
Love the dog POV!!! laugh

Chloe put her arms around Clark and cried on his shoulder. “I’m pregnant, Daddy. With twins.” As she started sobbing harder, she sniffed, “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

Claire touched her dad’s arm and softly said, “You know she would never have had sex if not for Alex. She had always planned on waiting.”

Clark nodded sadly and ran his fingers through Chloe’s hair. “We’ll get through it, honey. Shhh.... It’s okay.”
Oh, poor Chloe. I'm glad Clark is taking it so very well.

Los frowned and shrugged knowing that since there was still some damage that couldn’t be repaired that he would still have some chronic pain.
Poor Los. But that is not the worst that has happened to him.

“I didn’t think you knew. I was trying to protect...”

“Be quiet!” She sighed heavily. “Let me tell you what I found out yesterday evening. Lady Edrika is actually interested in Lord Ch’ing. You see, he has been sending her love letters that she thought were from Los. Imagine Lord Ximon-We’s surprise when his daughter told him of her wishes to marry Ch’ing. But he acted in good faith today, and he is not willing to annul the marriage of Los and Lady Edrika. And you know that Lady Edrika has a temper. She was *not* happy when she found out that she is now married to your brother - the wrong brother. And now your twin will have to pay for your foolishness.”
I really, really need the "strangle K'al" emoticon. The mess he's made of things!!!

K’al held his head high. “I did what I thought was right.”

“Well, it wasn’t right. And since Lord Ximon-We is the only member of the council aboard the ship, this is something that I can’t fix without his approval.” She shook her head sadly. “K’al, sometimes you show such promise, and then sometimes you have no compassion. I wonder sometimes if it wouldn’t have been better if Los had been the first born.”
I'm sure it would have been. Then again, if Los had been raised to be the ruler, then maybe he would have been more selfish and less compassionate than he is now.

K’al looked stricken. “So, did you really name Marisol a lady?”

“Yes, I did and rightfully so.”

He stood up, towering over his mother, and crossed his arms. “But did you know of her treachery? The title, ‘Queen of Wheat’, means nothing!”
For all his physical size, K'al is an emotional dwarf here.

She put her hand in front of her and lowered it slowly indicating that she wanted K’al to kneel in front of her. Her look said that she would tolerate no nonsense. He knelt in front of her. “I wouldn’t call it treachery, K’al. Los was well aware what her title ‘meant’. But, yes, they *both* lied to you. But you still should not have done what you did without asking your brother about it or without talking to me. Especially not after all that he has done for *you*.” She turned and left the room - leaving K’al on his knees.
And by forcing him to kneel, and leaving him kneeling, Zara demonstrated K'al's lack of stature to him. I love it.

Beth smiled. “Well, I actually have a day off from work, so I’m going out. John is getting dressed now. He said he had a rough morning so he came over to take a nap. He doesn’t live around here.”

“John?” Chloe said neutrally.

“John Jones. We’ve been dating for a while.”
Oh, that's just great! J'on J'onzz is dating Ben's mother! I love it! (And hey... I believe Beth wouldn't be averse to the idea of having a little half-Martian with J'on.)

Beth took the pantyhose from him and headed towards the bedroom. “Chloe’s here, Benjie.”

“Oh, Mom! Don’t call me that!” Then he muttered under his breath, “Makes me sound like a dog.”
You know, I have to agree. (Heel, Benjie! Play dead! Good boy, Benjie!)

“I’m glad you came over, Chloe. I thought I might visit you. I miss you.”

She blushed ever so slightly. “Yes, I bet you do.”

He pulled her into his arms and waggled an eyebrow. “Are you telling me that you didn’t miss me?”

She smiled against him and floated up just a little to see if he noticed.
Ah! She's trying to tell him without telling him!

She quickly told him about what she had found out then she said, “Claire is strong. Stronger than she thinks. She will okay. And she will get through the trial okay.”

He sat down, disheartened. “Yes, I’m sure she’ll be okay. I bet your dad would like to kill Alex.” He frowned. “I wouldn’t mind having a go at him myself. I bet I could pummel him.”

“Yes, Ben, at 6’5’’, I’m sure you could.
Ben is tall.

“Daddy knows.”

“Knows?” Ben questioned. “You mean...” He gestured between the two of them. She nodded. “How... Did you tell him?”

She shook her head no. “He just figured it out. Daddy’s... well, he’s a smart man.” She’d get around to telling Ben later that it had been her dad’s sense of smell that allowed him to find out.
No, that would be embarrassing to tell someone else, I think.

The bell went off indicating the pizza was ready. She pulled the door open and pulled out the pizza - without oven mitts. Ben didn’t notice that, either. She rolled her eyes.
Ben is so sweet, but galactically stupid, eh? goofy

She quickly unzipped her jacket and pulled it open. She had on the Blue Fairy suit. She also changed her hair to blue.
Eh... just how does she change her hair to blue?

“First, I’m the Blue Fairy.”
But I love her telling him.

He took advantage of that and kissed her. When he stopped kissing her because he needed to take a breath, he opened his eyes. What he saw was magic. What he saw was the milky way. He started to pull away to look at the marvelous sight around him.
You are saying that they are in space?

“You mean like Superman?” Then a dawning of knowledge crossed his face. “Wait... Superman was at your house. Last night, you acted like it was no big deal to know him... He’s... He’s...”

Chloe ran her hand through his red tresses. “Yes. My father is Superman.” She giggled. “And like I said last night, you really are a lot taller than he is.”
A very sweet revelation.

With downcast eyes, she whispered, “Does it bother you?”

He pulled her into an embrace. “Oh, god, no, Chloe. I love you. I love you so much.”

She began their descent and set them down a few feet from where they took off. “Well, that’s good to know because... Hmm.... I needed my feet on the ground for this. Hmm...” A tear ran down her cheek. “You were right, Ben. I am pregnant. In fact, I’m pregnant with twins.” She looked at him with all the hope and fears that she held in her heart.
Well, Ben is a lovely boy. He won't desert her. But, God, they're having twins. At sixteen.

Like I said, this is just a great chapter, Nancy!

Ann

#39940 03/09/07 09:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Where is the "strangle K'al" icon?
Well, I tried to find a kick his butt icon, but I didn’t have any luck...

K’al frowned. “~But... she... I was trying to protect him...~”
B-llsh-t, K'al.
Yep. He’s an idiot.

I’m glad you liked Rya’s tirade, Ann.

Love the dog POV!!!
Thanks!

Oh, poor Chloe. I'm glad Clark is taking it so very well.
Well, it would have been pretty tough to get mad since it happened because of red kryptonite via Alex.

I really, really need the "strangle K'al" emoticon. The mess he's made of things!!!
How about a strangled cat? cat

I'm sure it would have been. Then again, if Los had been raised to be the ruler, then maybe he would have been more selfish and less compassionate than he is now.
That’s true. Especially since he is an identical twin.

And by forcing him to kneel, and leaving him kneeling, Zara demonstrated K'al's lack of stature to him. I love it.
Yes, it was my intention to do that. Glad you liked it.

You know, I have to agree. (Heel, Benjie! Play dead! Good boy, Benjie!)
When I thought of the idea, I just couldn’t resist...

Ben is tall.
Yep - almost 2 Meters.

Ben is so sweet, but galactically stupid, eh?
He might be, but I can see folks not noticing that.

Eh... just how does she change her hair to blue?
Oops - should have put in a reminder. K’al and Los gave the Sprites each a birthday gift. They have nanocrystals (ie nanobots) that allow them to change their hair color. I got the idea from the show Andromeda.

You are saying that they are in space?
Yes.

Like I said, this is just a great chapter, Nancy!
Thanks, Ann.

#39941 03/10/07 08:31 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Lord K'al-El put his foot in his mouth. I think Lady Edricka-We ought to kick him in the rear end.

Shelley
#39942 03/10/07 09:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, he might get a few kicks by a few people. smile

#39943 03/24/07 06:20 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Cool

Shelley
#39944 04/19/07 01:54 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Okay, i know i don't do feedback much anymore, mainly 'cause my vision is going and i'ts hard to see what I'm typing.

but, that said, i really am enjoying this story and am missing seeing a new part. hopefully, you are feeling better now and you're working on a next part. If not, hope you get better soon, because i really am emjoying the story.

please excuse any typos.

Clark's Gal
#39945 04/20/07 07:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I am feeling better, but I just started a new job, so I'm a little harried. I do have part of the next part done so maybe I'll post a 'mini-part'. You've encouraged me to write more, though. Thanks so much!!!!

#39946 07/24/07 02:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Classicalla,

Where are you? cat

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#39947 07/25/07 09:52 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hi, Maria!

Unfortunately, Nancy is still pretty busy. It's not just her job right now, but also her mom, who got a knee replacement rather recently and is still in need of assistance.

#39948 10/21/07 08:06 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi, Nancy.

I just read this story all the way through for the first time. I have to ask: Was this story in response to a challenge for most revelations? wink

I mean, who doesn't know now?

Also that part with Zared's wedding and Lois and the Kryptonian twins. See my sig line. Exactly what I'm talking about.

Any way, keep this up. It's hard to keep track of all the new characters that keep popping up, but fun.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#39949 10/24/07 10:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Woody! And yes, I love your tag line. It says a lot.

I will be continuing the story. Life has been very rough for me the past few months, but I miss this story. I want to let my readers know that I haven't forgotten. I'm again working on the story, but I'm having to read a lot of it over so I won't have a lot of inconsistencies show up.

Nancy smile

#39950 10/27/07 08:03 AM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Nancy,

Good to hear that you are back on the case. All of your friends who've been supporting this wonderful story are eager for some more - especially as you give K'al the spanking he more than deserves and maybe meowoof can put him in his place too.

We know that the last few months have been leaing you so stressed out and we all pray that all of the stresses and strains have gone / are going very quickly and that you and all your family have only peace and good health and all that you wish for yourself.

With best regards,

Stuart

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard