Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39507 02/22/07 10:19 AM
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
You've certainly nailed Lex's character. He's a chilling, evil manipulator, just like in the series. Someone like Remington, however, being something of a con man himself, might recognize Luthor for what he is.

Awaiting developments.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice chapter. I agree with Nan that you've written Lex extemely (and evilly) well. I love the way he justifies his own despicable deeds as a service to humanity to rid it of undesirable people.

I think it was BJ? who asked why Lois didn't recognize Remington upon meeting him in the cab. Well think of him kind of like Stevie Ray Vaughn. People know his music and his name, but not many people outside the south know what he looks like.
Stevie Ray who? OK, I get your point, but Lois isn't just anyone. She's a triple Kerth award-winning journalist who would most likely know something about the high profile, super sleuth Remington Steele. But - - it's your story, so I'll play along. wink

Lois sat in unabashed awe of what had just occurred in Lex’s office. She could have sworn she’d made explicit plans to tear Lex a new one.
I love this. It really shows how good Lex is at conning Lois, baffling her to hide his corupt nature.

Lois sighed at the memory. <I swear I was a Kerth award winning journalist when I woke up this morning>
rotflol

BJ

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I was in the middle of posting this last night when the boards went down, so I saved it as a text file just in case it didn't post. Good thing I did, because I would hate to redo it.

His indulgence, limited to twice a week so as not to become addicted. Normal men had addictions, and Lex Luthour was anything but normal.
Nice description of Luthor. Also, a nice intro to the section.

Every great man in history must have his challenges; Augustus had Mark Anthony, Romulus had Remus, Caesar had Pompey, and so on throughout history. How fitting that he, Lex Luthour, would be the next historical individual in line for a rivalry to define the century—no the millennium. There was no doubt in his mind it would; that is if he intended to allow Superman to live long enough.
Nan's right. You nailed Luthor.

Lois seems more confused than I'm used to. A definate push-over. She lets total strangers push her into sharing a cab and lets Lex push her into the whole dress and nails routine. But on the other hand, she doesn't let Perry and Clark push her.

And Lois is depressed, too. And depressing. I'm not sure if I like her.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard