Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
No one's started the feedback folder yet? Gracious, we're getting lazy in our old age. smile

I liked this section, Laura -- the silliness on the road trip, and the sadness when they have to go back to "real life" which will certainly be a shock after that lovely week of togetherness on the farm.

Are we going to see Lois's first meeting with her dad? I certainly hope he'll apologize for being so horribly mean... but I ain't holding my breath.

So how are you going to wrap this up, anyhow?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is indeed a lovely chapter. I smiled when Lois got sad because her car was ready to go. I smiled when they fell asleep next to each other on the couch. And I thought Martha's teasing was both funny and so very in character, as well as both Clark's and Lois's reactions.

It reminded me of one of my first dates with the lady who is now my wife (we were teens at the time). We came back from an outing with my family, went downstairs to listen to some music, and she fell asleep leaning against my shoulder with my arm around her. I was so thrilled that she trusted me enough to sleep beside me (we were sitting upright at the time) that I almost woke her up to thank her for her trust.

I understood completely when Clark saw the sign for entering Metropolis. The city is taking this woman out of his life, this woman who's become so very important to him. And her father, a man whom Clark already doesn't like very much, is there.

One wonders if Sam Lane (who is far colder and far more heartless in this story than in most) is also violent. If he gets so angry at Lois's adventure that he hurts her, will Clark go off on him? Because, surely, Lois won't be able to keep that information from him.

This is a wonderful alternative beginning, and I almost wish it had happened this way in the series. It would have been interesting to see our favorite (but somewhat younger) actors put this together on screen. Thanks for sharing this heart-warming story with us.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved this part, too. But then, I have loved this story from the beginning. You have painted a wonderful picture of the way these young soulmates respond to one another when they meet as teenagers, and there aren't a lot of issues that prevent them - or at least, that prevent Lois - from acknowledging their love for each other.

I, too, loved their sweet night on the sofa in each other's arms. And that shared trip to Metropolis. I don't know about others, but I can clearly feel the agony of them being separated. And, like I said, they are so young, so it's not as if they are free to become a couple and start their adult lives together. A part of me would like to see them elope, I have to confess, but a larger and more sensible part of me agrees with you decision not to let them do such a thing.

I'm very much looking forward to the conclusion of this story!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
oh what a cute chapter. Thanks for sharing.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, that was so sweet. I'm such a hopeless romantic and this one had me near tears. Hurry back to calm our fears of what is to come. dizzy

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
“You have whole chapters of Lord of the Rings memorized verbatim,” Lois shot back playfully. “If that’s not pretty dorky, I don’t know what is.”
LOL!!! rotflol I know more than one guy with this talent. Come to think of it, both my father and my husband!

"Parting is such sweet sorrow."

Very touching, Laura. And I stand by what I said before, too. Flying or no flying - it's still a major change.

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard