Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
rotflol

That's all I have time to say now--must try to get out of the driveway and get to work.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hehehe, this was fun, Vincent. Gives Mad Dog Lane a whole new meaning. Or was she Lap Dog Lane? rotflol

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
Kerth
This was sooo funny!

But that didn’t protect them in the era of mobile communications technology - just about *anybody* witnessing a crime in progress could simply dial “9-1-2”,
Great idea! Will there be a 9-1-3 for the JLA, too? laugh

“Lois, you brought the paper in! *Good girl*! Here, let me give you a double fudge choco-crunch bar…” he said as he put down the spatula he had been holding.
Good girl, indeed! Here's your treat! help I can't stop hyper

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Sheep, Mellie? Oh my!

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved this, great story.

The last time his father had been affected, he had lured Jonathan’s mom into the master bedroom…and then proceeded to hold her captive there for *two whole days*, leaving periodically for only a couple of seconds at a time to fetch food and drink for his prisoner.
I would love to read the nfic version of that time. smile1 lol.

Cant wait for the next part.

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Originally posted by Olympe:
Great idea! Will there be a 9-1-3 for the JLA, too? laugh

Best friend? As in 'Humans are Kryptonian's best friend? *g* Lois is so not going to like this...
Thanks for the comments all!

Actually, I hadn't even thought about introducing the Justice League in this fic. They don't exist in this storyline, just like Jonathan doesn't exist in "Bureaucracy" (a fic I wrote in which the Justice League does exist)

Yeah, the title refers to humans being Kryptonian's best friend. It's not too much of a stretch, I think - Kryptonians are superior in many ways, but not in intelligence (they think faster, but not smarter), self-awareness, nor empathy, which basically puts them on the same level as humans, at least where the human audience is concerned.

However, you can kind of see how it might be possible for Kryptonians to view humans as humans view dogs - clearly inferior beings. We kind of saw this in Lord Nor, although he was kind of a special evil case.

It is of course possible however to consider other species inferior without wanting to enslave or kill them, though. There are nice people out there who consider themselves innately superior to cats and dogs, so why not a nice drunken Kryptonian with humans? smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love this, VSP! goofy

“Well, can’t you see? I’m grooming your mother! Look, isn’t she *beautiful*? You can see how silky smooth her skin is, and how her hair has such a healthy sheen to it!” Clark said proudly.
The fact that Lois is being so good natured about this...it gives me the feeling of a couple who's been married a long time, and will tolerate just about anything. Season 1 Lois would have killed him by now. And yet, this tolerance doesn't seem "out of character" for Lois; rather, it feels like growth. It's late, so I apologize if that's all giberish, but basically: Kudos to you for handling her character so well. thumbsup

“Oh my goodness, I almost forgot! It’s time to feed Lois!” he exclaimed as he scrambled to the kitchen.
clap
notworthy notworthy

This is a great story, and a *fantastic* universe! You do this so well. Keep it up! smile

~•~
Merriwether
Merriwether
"And why aren't we naked?"

Loved that. the perfect line for a happily married man who is used to waking up without clothes.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:

The fact that Lois is being so good natured about this...it gives me the feeling of a couple who's been married a long time, and will tolerate just about anything. Season 1 Lois would have killed him by now. And yet, this tolerance doesn't seem "out of character" for Lois; rather, it feels like growth. It's late, so I apologize if that's all giberish, but basically: Kudos to you for handling her character so well. thumbsup

“Lois! Honey, wake up! How long was I out of it? And why aren’t we naked!??” he asked frantically as he shook his wife’s sleeping form.
...after this. I love this line! clap
notworthy notworthy

This is a great story, and a *fantastic* universe! You do this so well. Keep it up! smile
Yeah, if Clark were to act this way normally, Lois *would* kill him, 20 years of marriage or not! However, since he can't control himself in this fic, I figure that she wouldn't blame him and just try to put up with it, lol.

The "Why aren't we naked" line - I was actually inordinately proud of myself for thinking of this. smile I know I shouldn't be, since it's just the simple opposite of a very common line in fanfics. (Lois and Clark waking up together because of pheromones or some other reason and shrieking "Why are we naked??") Irony in action smile

It's actually very exciting for me to see that at least some people are enjoying these things! I was a longtime lurker in what is apparently called "FOLCdom" before I actually started posting.

I guess I thought that my perspective might be too unconventional - my favorite moments in the show were the parts where Clark was doing normal things (getting arrested, having to hire a lawyer, getting into a sex scandal, etc.)

In my mind, I imagine the L&C universe divided into two parts - the years before the world knows the secret, and the years after. When I first started reading fanfics, I was surprised and that not many stories involved Clark's secret being blown. ("When the World Finds Out" by CC Aiken and "Sex, Truth, and Revelations" by Adam Labotka are the only two that I can think of that are more than just a couple of scenes)

For me, the show was about *humor* and not relationships. It's just that the relationship was mostly what made the show funny - I loved the whole secret identity thing. Plus I thought that the whole alien on human thing was kind of kinky smile

So anyways, I really wasn't sure if anyone else at all would even be interested in reading a fic about a public Super family that focused on the "trying to lead normal lives" and the "Whoa, Superman has a human wife...and he's *intimate* with her...and they have a teenage son!" aspects of it.

But then I read "The Talk" by Queen of the Capes, which was pure genius in combining all of these elements perfectly in a short fic that didn't waste so much space like mine tend to do.

That one was pretty well received on these boards, so I thought: maybe there are some like-minded people out there! Thus, I finally worked up the nerve to make my first post and start writing Just a Normal (Super) Kid out of thoughts which had been sitting in my head for months.

So, as you can see, it is I who am not worthy. :p

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
However, since he can't control himself in this fic, I figure that she wouldn't blame him and just try to put up with it, lol.
Ah, that makes sense. *nods*

I guess I thought that my perspective might be too unconventional - my favorite moments in the show were the parts where Clark was doing normal things (getting arrested, having to hire a lawyer, getting into a sex scandal, etc.)
Wow. That's *Normal*??? goofy

So anyways, I really wasn't sure if anyone else at all would even be interested in reading a fic about a public Super family that focused on the "trying to lead normal lives" and the "Whoa, Superman has a human wife...and he's *intimate* with her...and they have a teenage son!" aspects of it.
Okay, see the bold part? wink Seriously, though, I hope you realize by now that you've aquired a following. The "Superman as a normal guy" thing has always had a strange appeal to me, though you've done more with the "woah factor" and people's (believable!) reactions to him than I've ever dreamed of! smile Actually, I think even CC Aiken (Hail CC! Hail CC!) left off after the newly exposed Clark went to buy a bagel...

But then I read "The Talk" by Queen of the Capes, which was pure genius in combining all of these elements perfectly in a short fic
Aww, thankies! laugh

that didn't waste so much space like mine tend to do.
VSP...listen carefully: Your Fics Are SHORT! They are like little, *tiny* pieces of chocolate. Put the scissors away, kid; they do *not* need to be any shorter.

So, as you can see, it is I who am not worthy.
Vsp, you have a little bit of gibberish at the end of your post there---let me wipe that off for you. wink

~•~
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:

Wow. That's *Normal*??? goofy

Ah, what I meant to say was *relatively* normal, hehe.

The main thing that I think is weird about the whole Superman idea is that even once you accept the premise of Superman, the things that happen are still incredibly unrealistic.

Mostly the incredibly lackluster law enforcement, and criminals somehow building billions of dollars worth of crime tools at home in their garage with maybe one or two people helping them. Things that even most major corporations or national governmensts can't do!

Hence the normalization of criminals in this series, heh. I mean, even without the presence of supervillains, society would undergo quite a transformation with the presence of Superman.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard